1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2205

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 15 Jun 2015.

1. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Damn, just shy of the minimum. Meh I could probably squeeze by...

2. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

can only imagin how amazing this would look on that 40" phillips screen from the other forum thread,

does Anno 2205 support 4k?

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

so theres been a dev QA session, some interesting tidbits.

i was a little concerned about the per session complexity being slightly nerfed but looking at it it kinda makes sense, the map is the world and each session is an island so to speak.

need to get my hands on it before i cast judgement.

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I am so ****ing hard for this its untrue

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Why aren't youtube's embedded videos able to run using HTML5 rather that flash, have to keep jumping onto Metro to play them.

Idea of using the Factories as the heat production in the Arctic is nice.

Anno 22 ............05.

Interested to see what's going to be in the season pass.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

The Orbit will allow players to build space stations in the new Orbital sector, where you’ll be able to construct research modules that can be used to upgrade and tweak your station and create powerful global research effects. These effects will boost all of your sectors within the game.

[​IMG]

The Tundra Expansion introduces a completely new environment to Anno 2205, the Vanha Plains. In this new locale, players can roam the marshes through the use of a high-tech aircraft. The aircraft can be used to explore vast land and master the biggest sector project yet by solving the mystery of the ECO sanctuaries. The expansion also enlists the help of new character Esther Nylund, who will help the player cure a deadly fever to re-use its components to create new gameplay options, quests, building types and exclusive Tundra production chains.

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

The Art is nice but it's disappointing to see the DLC carv up is already in full swing before the game is even released.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, very tasteless announcing two big DLCs before the game has even shipped.

10. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Just to be clear, I have no issues with DLC per say, I just prefer it when it has been created after the shipping of a good game and making sure the post launch focus is there for inevitable bug fixing. It should add to the experience and be non intrusive to the existing experience and optional.

I'm going to compare this to the Witcher 3, which just released the 'hearts of stone DLC', which was a separate download if purchased. This is the first paid DLC and before I bought it, there were no 'locked out' quest markers in game to ruin my immersion, which was nice. I bought it because I wanted to experience more from a game I already had a great time in. Which is how DLC should be.

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Sorry for the double post but questions :)

So, does anyone know if there is actually going to be files on the physical disk version of this game?

Reason I ask, is the Metal Gear 5 physical version just had a link to steam for a 50 gig download, bit of a surprise for anyone expecting it. I have also recently heard that fallout 4 is going to be the same. I'm hoping this wont start to be a common trend!

It will make a big difference as to me keeping my over priced pre-order from Amazon.

12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I know the 2070 collectors edition had a disk and installed from it, but back then it wasn't uPlay so might be different now?

If you're after the collectors edition, and have a uPlay account with 100 uplay points, you can get 20% off, making the collectors edition £49.

13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

TBH, the physical disk from the collectors edition of 2070 has caused me issues with installation since UPlay was updated a while back.

The disk has an old version of UPlay with a high version number, so when I go to play the game I get errors due to UPlay being old. Try to update UPlay and the higher version number means 'You already have the latest version'. The only hope I had was to attempt to find an obscure german update to UPlay which resolved the issue, or download from UPlay on my slow connection.

Of course this was what happened up to the last time I installed Anno, so things may have now changed from the latest update of UPlay.

14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yeah I had a right pain in the backside the second to last time I reinstalled from disk too. I think now my copy of Anno has linked to my uPlay account, so the last time I think I just redownloaded it...I think. I may have just copy/pasted it over and let uPlay discover files which they've finally added and thankfully works wonderfully.

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I have the gamers gate version of anno 2070 and it just seems to like installing in german... Oops.

Good tip on the uplay points, presumably you mean unspent reward points earned in game?

The nice thing about amazon pre orders is you can return them if unused, say if the game turns out to be poo from review on release day. The whole point is that if the disk is just a steam link anyway, I might as well just buy a key from kinguin or other for way less than half the cost of my current order.
    Now my internet is so slow, physical media holds lots of relavence to me ha ha!

16. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

release is coming up soon, November 3, 2015.

game looks lush with a capital L

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yep, think I'm going to have to cave and pre-order using this from uPlay, I know I'm going to buy it eventually, and I'll want the DLC eventuallly too, just a fair chunk of money to go out, and there's a couple other games coming soon too (NFS, JC3, Star Wars Battlefront to name a few) all at around the same sort of price.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh the physical collectors edition is the only version to buy, far better value for the money.

plus i think ubi are sending me several copies, this should be interesting if they do.

19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Well that's me now £47.99 poorer, :D

Just hope they dispatch it in a sensible time-frame, :D

Do I now try and find a collectors edition of 1404 so I've go the complete modern set, :D

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

iirc the DE of 1404 was never released outside of germany.