1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Yup i have numerous skins, in ranked games most matches have a few skins.

I'm a big fan of my Nutcracko skin for Shaco.

2. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Ah is that the Christmas one? I just unlocked Shaco and tend to buy one custom skin for heroes I really like.

3. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Yeah thats the one from Christmas, Shaco is a favourite of mine, he also has some cool skins.

4. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Pretty much the same here...

I think my favourite skin (that i own) has to be Baker Morgana :p, the oven mitts on her are just awesome. Not to mention she can completely destroy an enemy team :D.

5. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I play it a few nights a week when I've not got anything important to do.

It's a good little time-waster, especially when you play with people who know what they are doing.

I'm tiberiusuk on it if anyone fancys a game sometime.

6. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Check check,

I just realised we also need to state which server we're on when stating our Summoner Names, since EU and US players are separated :p

And i just noticed that i never actually stated what my Summoner Name was, it's "SethAnub1s" on both EU and US, which is what Ab is referring to :p. Although that said, i hardly play on EU anymore... not since it asked me to download over 1GB in patches and i was too lazy.

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Very true, I was trying to point out that it isn't totally free but wasn't cery clear about what all content was. LoL really has a great free to play system since everything that actually matters is free.

I'd also like to point out that HoN has a microtransaction system as well, which left me a little miffed being one of the people who bought it before they did that thinking I was getting a full game for my $30. Their store is purely cosmetics and everything can be bought through gameplay earned coins, but still a tad annoying compared to LoL's system.

8. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Another infuriating night last night :(

9. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Damn, I hate it when that happens... feeders or just lack of team work?

I was lucky(?) enough to be on a team where the rest of my team apparently knew each other. Started off all going into the jungle on the enemy side and got first blood before minions had even spawned :naughty:

Whilst it was fun, I do think it's kind of unfair on the enemy team (although we did get the usual witty comments such as "map hacking noobs" or "smurf f**kers").:duh:

10. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Well i went 15-3-7 on Pantheon (iirc) and we still lost, my team just didn't do anything, they didn't feed but they couldn't teamfight for **** and as Panth i require the tank to intiate so i can isolate their carries.

I also had a game on Panth where i went 21-7 and still lost, i can do my role as Panth i just need backup from someone who can also do theirs!

11. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Ouch. Hate when that happens. Also, players who run at the first sign of trouble leaving you to die when you could have taken them. Sighs.

12. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Aye, people seriously need to grow a pair at times.

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Just started playing this with a few mates of mine. We're all quite new to it mind!

fluffiZilla is my id on there.

14. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

You are in the worst part then i'm afraid, for now you will have to put up with ragers/flamers/feeders and general idiots.

All i can say is that it does get better.

15. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Just keep playing, I've found that as my summoner level has increased so has the quality of the games. I still get the odd player who is either useless of abusive but it's definitely a better environment.

16. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

No matter how good you are, if your team mates aren't good you will lose. I've lost countless games when I had a huge amount of kills but the rest of the team couldn't do anything.

Most assists i've managed was 9 kills, 10 deaths and 41 assists with sona. I do have a screenshot on my desktop for proof if you'd like. That was back pre-nerf when I build her with the lock box and it was all about health / mana regen, cooldown reduction, and survivability.

After they removed lockbox I started building sona as a nuke caster with huge AP. I managed just over 800 AP and finished that game 21 / 4 / 10. We still lost because the rest of my team couldn't do anything. They wanted me to "push" and "backdoor".

No teamwork = fail. Also hate people who do really well early game and get cocky and start playing stupid and in the end we lose.

17. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Yeah, that's something that can't be avoided I guess with online teamgames. Even in TF2 if the teams are stacked, no matter how good you are you'll lose.

But yeah, peopel who start off well then get cocky really annoy me. Also people who are a little too adventurous and die before the first wave of minions have even spawned. -__-

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

What annoys me iabout teams that don't gel is how they ahve no idea how your champ works.
    Example (bear with me. I last played MONTHS ago):
    I played Mordekaiser.
    The build I'd go would be health pots, so that I can farm well early, get some CDR and regen going, then spam abilities in large mobs, and curse champs, so the nuke can take out and the team gets a temporary teammate. More often than not this has turend team fights really quickly, and has instigated HUGE pushes.

Everyone that's played like that should know that Morde is squishy if his shield is down, and has no natural CC. That means he needs a supportive teammate in the early game.
    Normal chain of events:
    Top lane with a (say) Xin.
    Xin runs ahead (Morde is slow) and runs into bushes, only to meet a gangplank and a ryze. Xin almost gets ganked before I arrive (thank you for making me use my ghost there and using my only escape, jackass... but hey - it's a team game, so no hard feelings). I manage to launch the siphon at Ryze and ignite him, forcing Ryze to fall back.
    By this time, Xin has managed to take a health pot (whichis SLOWLY working), and rushes back in. Because there was no mob, the Ryze and the GP have managed to do some serious damage to me while the siphon is on cooldown.
    I take healthpot, and take a step back for a second. In the meantime, Xin is getting his rear whopped, because Ryze realised that I am on CD (smart boy), and took another shot at Xin. Coupled with GP, Xin dies, and the chase is on for me. I have no ghost, and get tower-dived.
    Then I get spammed:
    "GReat, morde.."
    "Morde is fail"
    "morde are n00b"
    "F U Noob Morde"
    "Morde why you no help me??? WTF N00b"

Not saying my playing is good (it's not), but I reckon I play a half decent Morde (Better than a LOT of others I've seen). Clearly, the error of judgement was not on my side, but on Xin's side.
    Yes, I could've (should?) let Xin DIAF in that case, but the spam would just be worse then. besides, mostly, it works out, and I manage to get out alive and take one opponent down.

The point is that the thing that irritated me the most is people telling you how you SHOULD play your champ, in spite of the fact that they clearly have NO clue of what the champ is like. Morde as a tank? Really?

19. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

That is one of my pet hates, people who tell you how to play your champ. Especially when you are playing one of your mains!

20. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I am relatively new, but I play a good Ashe (I think).

I tend to start on the lifesteal track, and then just push and pull on the lanes from range to get the enemy's health down far enough to keep them out of lane, and then I can just farm my way to her super, which can gank from across the map if someone doesn't move! Great from spawn when going to buy something and you notice a team mate engaing a tank etc..