1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit-tech League of Legends thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Djayness, 19 Jan 2011.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Ashe is a good Harass (was when I played her), thanks to her Skillshot. That makes her strong in the middle lane. She's also rather squishy.
    I normally played her with +2/+5 boots so she can move quickly, and other than that stack as much damage and attack speed as possible.
    I call it the "In-Out-Ashe" (boy i can see someone making a lewd "In-Out with ashe" joke here).
    She Harasses well, is a bit flat around the middle of the game, but picks up again... and then she hurts...

2. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Yea, I've only been playing for a while. Did the beta with Tristana (sp?), but coming back to her I think Ashe is slightly better. But that's probably because I need to remaster the rocket-jump/gank method.

3. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Just gonna throw this out there for reference.

Ashe build by some of the top players:

Dorans Blade + Health Pot
    Cooldown Reduction boots
    Infinity Edge
    Black Cleaver
    Defensive items as needed.

Runes:

Red ArPen
    Blues Mana regen /5
    Yellows Mana regen /5
    Quints ArPen

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

^^ sounds good.
    This thread has made me itch to play again a bit... but arrrrgh! too muhc work, though that's also a good thing... choices... :/

5. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I am a low summoner level, but could be up for a game later tonight on EU if people are around?

6. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

I'll be on, i've got a smurf account which is <lv 10 so could play on that. Whats your summoner name?

7. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Do any of you know if there's a youtube channel or equivalent of high level games or strats?

8. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

www.own3d.tv

There are frequently high level streams on there.

9. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I played against a really coordinated Ashe/Vladmir combo (it was a premade 5v5). They caught me once with an Ashe Ulti from her (top lane) on me, under my tower with Vlad diving to seal in the kill.

Although funnily enough, a few min later my team were in position to gank Vlad when one of them got hit by her arrow again up near a brush in the river. Since they didn't know, Vlad came and dived me briefly under my tower around the time the arrow should have hit and completely failed, my team then came out from behind him and we got sweet revenge :p.

As such, the moral of the story is to follow your arrow to its trajectory since you can hear the global "thump" sound when it makes contact with someone, even if it's in the fog of war.

10. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

All was back to normal, i managed to play a game with SleazyWeazy last night who is one of the top ranked players and i performed admirably :D

Went 19-8-17 on Pantheon, Panth is officially my home boy.

11. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Uhh... had a game last night being constantly verbally harassed by some German kid saying all kinds of racist things... and then when I killed him multiple times he had the nerve to call me lucky or noob. He did this to my whole team as well (he was playing Heimdinger fgs!).

We all reported him at the end but not sure what good it does.

12. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

The reporting has been improved recently so he may receive a ban.

13. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Sorry gents, had dinner plans last night then spent some time with my sister.

Nothing in the calendar for tonight, I'm tiberiusuk in game if anyone wants to add?

14. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Won't be around tonight but will add you Friday.

15. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Kk. I won't be on at the weekend as the missus is coming over, but next week?

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Had a similar sort of thing in reverse on HoN. Since you can queue for servers in both NA and EU you sometimes get players from the other side in your games. This often leads to some playful banter. In one such game is was myself and three friends with an automatically assigned British teammate. After he repeatedly hassled one of my friends over missing a skillshot ability I replied "Maybe it was a fail in your country, but this here server's in America! Direct hit by my book!". Now, I can understand if someone's insulted and says to stop or lay off, but he did the funniest thing: he called me a racist and proceeded to threaten reporting me on grounds of racism!

I'm sure there are some large differences between the countries, but different races? That's a new one!

17. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

lolz :p

Although that said, "you" Americans seem to complain about everything on the US Forums. Firstly that Brazillian's and Euro's are ruining the game because they don't talk English in chat; then the next week are complaining that the aforementioned people are doing the same again, but this time because they refuse to talk in chat. :p

But yeah, the communities in both games are known to be harsh... just earlier tonight i had a game where a Jax blamed me for losing our game and did the usual "you're bad kiddo" talk.

Admittedly, my score was pretty shocking (something like 3/8/6), but what's to do when every team fight Garen and Udyr make it their sole purpose to focus you down (i was MF). Not to mention this Jax was terribad himself, he got pulled by a Blitz, ran away and back to the exact same spot under his tower he got pulled from, then got pulled again and died :duh:.

Oh, and also complained that our team ran away too much because Fiddlesticks Ult'd into the middle of our team. And then tried to say that we lost the aftermath because we ran away... obviously not because he charged in there and died, leaving us to deal with a 3v5 (our Amumu died trying to save him). After the game i saw his amazing record... 280 wins, 70 Leaves.

Awesome.

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

^^ THAT is one of those annoyances. It's much like the situation explained by me earlier. Just, I'd be the Amumu in that story.
    Hence I LOVE playing mid. No ****wad to accuse you of not helping. Though I have (more than once) an Annie running from bottom to mid (lvl4, myself playing Ashe in mid - lvl6 against a good kennen), being trailed by a Jax and an Annie.
    Wonderful. Insta-mid-push by the opposing team.

19. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Sloth i can't help be amused by your comment.

According to the US guys it hit an insurgent, but according to others it went wayward and killed 1000 civilians?!?

20. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Fun story! If you're not familiar with HoN's heroes there's one named Chronos whose ult is an AoE effect in which everyone inside, team mate or not, is frozen in time for a few seconds, Chronos excluded. So it's myself and three friends again, with a fifth random member. This member happened to pick Chronos, and we quickly found out that he only spoke Spanish.

We're all in the lane prepping for what is likely going to be a team fight and we're feeling pretty confident when the Chronos player says over voice chat "Vamonos!" as he charges in so all of us Americans generally understand that to be "run!" and figure he wants us to run into the team fight with him. He uses his ulti and successfully traps our entire team in it, yet only snagging two enemies. We got destroyed by the remaining three.

I guess he meant "run away" before he used his ult :D

It really would be nifty if everyone spoke English, but in HoN's specific case the servers are listed as North America, so I'm not too fussed if people speak Spanish or French, being common languages for North American countries outside the US.

I was going for a redneck "close enough" feel, but your take is way better :hehe: