1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Monster2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by PabloFunky, 19 Sep 2010.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Love the artwork on this, wish I could do airbrush at that level, would take years & years of practice to get that good, maybe a lifetime so awesome :) bet it looks soooo excellent to the eye, I've always been able to appreciate how much better projects would look to the eye compared to pictures even when a phone has been used, you can safely assume it's as good as the picture but multiplied by many times in quality like at least 10x better looking in reality especially night shots.

I've thought of putting a fan next to the pci expansion area before but put it off with needing too much space there to do it but it's cool to see someone else do this :thumb:.

60KG, 65KG is the max weight on my multigym so I know how heavy that is to lift, it would be a fair PITA for the user to move it lol :D.

Very awesome case & components, 5 star rating & rep due ;).

2. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Awesome case Pab!

What are those gold-ish pins ther underneath.
    [​IMG]

3. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys,
    Yes, why is it so hard to take pics, i mean i can take good pics of boring stuff, but when i need good pics, my room is so bad.

I thought id miss the white powder look of the case, but the artwork is way better. I did mention to the artist, that hed be hard pushed to beat this, and seemed to get the opinion, pay more and more hours and he could do better still.

Those gold conections at bottom are rca(phono connections) normally if i use an ati card, there for front video in/out connections, or also used if i decide to use the front tft panel option.

Its hard to show the shine and overall quality of the picture (well with my lighting etc),

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:eeek: And I'd dread to know what this cost you :worried:, he's sure got the skills to pay the bills though :rock::jawdrop:.

5. PabloFunky

Recently purchased a blackgold 3620 card,
    Its really small i couldnt believe it, if i took a picture of it, prob wouldnt even see it in this case.......

anyway, means i could connect up left hand side front panel inputs for composite and svhs and component inputs.

Ideally i should of machined a few holes out in rear panel to bring the cables out of the rear, but i still routed them out without issues and the cable is hidden, so all is good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its only your basic cheapo cable, but should be acceptable for this purpose, havent tested it yet though, tv software is pretty naff as it used media center, but am sure i can find something to access the vidieo inputs and not just the tuner.

6. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I wait for months for an update and then when it comes you give me something I can't see:wallbash: ......lol

7. PabloFunky

ooops sorry, never been too worried about internals of a pc, as i spend most time looking at case or monitor, it was something i thought id better connect up though.

give it another 40 years and i might have a go at tidying the insides a touch more.

8. bulldogjeff

The size of that thing you could probably loose a small car in there..lol In fact is that a Nissan micra behind the rad:jawdrop:

9. that_du^de

that_du^de give your head a wobble

i had a nissan micra that was nicked a year ago,now i know where it is.....lol, im doing a build out of alu as well and at the mo its about 30-40kg but as more parts get added i think it will weigh more than 60kg when finished.....maybe we can have a compo to see what one weighs the most? that is one hell of a case mate and i love the art work to......respect.

10. PabloFunky

Nice one, yeah its amazing how quick the weight increases, Whats annoying is i cant move the thing to get nerer a decent arial signal, so i can test out hd tv better.

Good thing, is the composite input is working, i attatched my good old B/W security camera and got a pic up ok, thought that might be some interference joining the rear port to the front ones.

any issues, im changing my drawings for if i ever make Monster3.

I really want to bring the tuner leds to front panel aswell, easier to see which tuners are active then.

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

love it! wish I had the space for a huge case

12. ulysses Cazuquel

ulysses Cazuquel Sex, Casemod & Rock'N Roll!!!

13. PabloFunky

Dont get too excited, just a few odd tweaks.

just to show im still tidying things up a bit.

I have purchased an ek ram block, for my dominators, will fit some day i expect :D.

but for now, ive sprayed corner pieces black as someone recommended, and fitted fan contollers in black, one was faulty, so rather than repair it yet, i ordered another, so now can fill all botttom 3 bays with black devices.

Its possible i may get them artworked instead to tie in with the artwork.

replaced some silver screws with black allen button heads instead, yes i know i still got 1 more to change over on the usb bit at bottom :duh:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

I seriously love this case, I think it's one of the very few cases out there where the artwork enhances the build. Plus it's awesome how many connections you have managed to fit onto the front panel without it looking cluttered! Big Big BIG :thumb:

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D This case is gorgeous & possibly my favourite paint job ever on a case :rock::thumb:.

16. PabloFunky

Thanks guys, yes i deffo agree that it is hard to add connections and features to front without going over the top.

I have adjusted the front panel for Monster3 a touch, will deffo run it by you to make sure ive not gone too far, got a few extra 2.1mm holes for my hd tv tuner to indicate which tuners are active, have changed the audio connections to just headphones and amp, using 6.35mm jacks (more professional).

Oh, i have got rid of that horrid 12v eps connection accross top, heres what i have now.

white one hidden, as you may of seen newer mobo tray has slots to allow feeding of cable, this one has to go over the top of tray, but i think still looks better than before.

will soon have all 4 loops running.

[​IMG]

oh and all 8 front usb ports are now working, as im using one of them nxt internal usb things.

The front panel artwork near the usb, the bit of blood under last 2 ports, are supposed to indicate the fast charge ports.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2011
  17. PabloFunky

Thought what the hell.

So stopped sleeping and watching tv etc, and fitted block.

Wasnt an easy fit, as can only do with case in vertical position, without killing myself trying to turn it down side.

Typing this whilst no water running through it, way i see it, is this block even uncooled, is cooler than them fins ontop of the ram anyway.

This is more a case of coz i can, not coz i need.

Ram cooling prob pointless in general anyway.

Im gonna wire it to one of the front switches, so i can switch the pump on/off on this loop.

Theres just enough room at moment for it to fit, i will look into tidying it up at some point.

Also i dropped a screw somewhere in the case, pc didnt blow up when i turned it on, so should be ok, prob find the screw in 10 years, when i take it apart?

[​IMG]

Im going to use the pc as normal for a while to ensure, without water the ram still runs cool enough, as i cant monitor temps easy (without putting probes everywhere), only way i can tell if no good, is when i see smoke.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2011
  18. bulldogjeff

That lovely inside now, nice and bright and really clean looking.

19. PabloFunky

ok, next bit, at this rate only another 5.7778 years to finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Need a hand in my pc, to hold tubing central why i use it :D.

im not gonna use the resevoirs (vertical), cant risk bad o ring seal, so using the following tray option instead. As below
    [​IMG]

20. PabloFunky

Done, so thats 3 loops done, just leaves gfx card, when i either find blocks for my card or get one thats more suited to waterblocks.

Will wire this one up to my front panel toggles, just need to check what they can handle first.

Takes a while for the bubbles to go, but i know they will, like nb loop did.

Is there a software option to monitor ram temps on the ud9? or is there no sensor for this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]