1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Videocardshop: Absolute Mess

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Madness_3d, 18 Mar 2011.

1. russ555

russ555 What's a Dremel?

Good luck getting a refund:thumb:

2. Soniclord

Soniclord What's a Dremel?

Wow,

Reading this thread really opened my eyes about that videocardshop! Because on more than one occasion I've looked at that website and been tempted by the prices but always stuck to Scan/Ebuyer etc. So glad I did because clearly buying from them is nothing short of a joke!

EDIT: Just typed videocardshop into google due to someone asking if it's a front for XFX rmas back in March,

And lo and behold at the top of the results is an ad linking to http://www.xfxshop.co.uk coincidence? I think not!!!!!

3. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

i think the fact the fact that they advertise themselves as specializing in xfx gpu's is a big give-away

4. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I'd lol if they were in fact ok on arrival and it were your motherboard

5. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

I tested them in several different systems and they displayed the same faults in all of them.

6. Maximilian

Maximilian WC Virgin

I applaud your persistance, I've had an XFX 9800 GX2 fail after 12 months. :waah:

7. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

I did say I would laugh, I didn't say you would of been that stupid ;)

8. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

well done mate thats persistence I would have given up ages ago. what a load of infuriating knob jockeys this lot are, at least everyone on the forum knows about propellerhead industries now though.

9. Dreamcometru

Dreamcometru Minimodder

+1 for loast faith in xfx cards.

i had xfx 4850 xxx and it would hard lock my system with coloured lines going across screen and loping sound. had to reset

got a replacement from overclockers and same thing happened.

will never go xfx again

10. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

Just found this thread whilst on Google.

I know it's been a long time since any one posted in this thread, but please PLEASE read this before you order from Videocardshop.

Unless the card you buy on there is listed as new then it is a card that was returned to XFX as faulty and it has been in an oven.

Yup, basically VCS buy cards that have been put in the oven to reflow them. We all know that reflowing a GPU does not last very long. The flux that has degraded is not replaced.

I know this only too well, because I bought a XFX GTX 280 XXX and it lasted a total of three months. I returned it, and they refused a refund. I paid £190 plus shipping for it, plus the return postage. I was up to nearly £200. When dealing with my refund the guy in charge said that he did not have any 280s left, so I could choose something else.

At that time I had bought a Radeon 5770 so I asked for another one plus some credit. He said fine.

Three days later I still had not heard anything from him so I phoned him back. This time his story changed, and he offered me only the Radeon 5770 with no credit.

Whilst I am sure that the guy that runs VCS is a nice chap he is a very small time distributor who deals in cards that have been in the oven. PLEASE avoid the place at all costs. With wonderful places like Ebuyer and so on there is no reason to buy from this two bit Mickey Mouse outfit.