1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Videocardshop: Absolute Mess

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Madness_3d, 18 Mar 2011.

1. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Only Response I have... LOL

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

and meanwhile... everyone reading this thread, and those wary enough to use google to check out a retailer before they buy from you, are seeing what a bunch of cowboys you appear to be.

I've had my LED TV replaced 2 months out of it's 12 month warranty because an electrical product like that is expected to last a lot longer. Over a grands worth of TV exchanged without argument. A graphics card or indeed any component of a PC is subject to the same standards of expectation and it's associated consumer law.

Could you imagine my response if I'd had my TV for 6 months and it went, and the retailer said, oh that was £1200 new and we don't have anything else that you want, but you've had it for 6 months so i'll give you £800 back. How does that sound? I'd throw the book at them and fight nail and tooth!

Get real videocardshop. You're making yourselves look very bad indeed. Squabbling over £20, when the customers offer to accept £150 is a lot more reasonable than most would offer to accept in the first place! He is entitled to a full refund by law. I hope this gets settled amicably; however, I don't think it would be the customer that would lose out if it didn't. The damage to your reputation is already being done.

Just look at the amount of views since this thread began... and then start wondering why this thread appears at the top of the google search page. Time is a commodity you no longer have.

Know what I mean Harry?

Last edited: 25 May 2011
  3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

So what if the product has been used for 6 months, if this was the case every rma would turn into this stupid sort of haggling for its value based on age.

This is wrong.

4. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Erm, Scan would. Aria would. Dabs would. Overclockers would. CClonline would. Ebuyer would. Novatech would. Just a couple off the top of my head there.

Also, i love how you offer the market value of £122, while having a similar product for £147.99 on you own site. So if £122 is the market value, why are you charging customers over the odds.

Last edited: 25 May 2011
  5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Good point! Owned.... :hehe:

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Relevant to individual edit to the quote above, from ONLY my personal experience (well my personal experience and those for whom i have built in the past) Scan HAVE, EBuyer HAVE, OCuk HAVE, Dabs HAVE, Seagate HAVE, Samsung HAVE, Philips HAVE, Ibanez HAVE, Saitek HAVE (yes not all of those are PC component related but i feel that the point stands.)

7. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Profits, profits, profits, not every company charges at manufactures recommended retail price..if they can charge more and people pay happily they will....you should see some of the trade prices my sister in law can get for gpus/cpu's and other hardware etc its scary what it then turns into retail, bearing in mind the trade company is also buying it from the manufacture cheaper than she is getting it herself as a retail company and that the manufacture is selling it what you and i would deem silly low prices is still making money selling it to the trade suppliers...:worried:

8. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

i wonder if video card shop realise that no matter what they do now if people google them to find feedback about them (which a lot of people do when hearing of a company for the first time when looking to buy) all they are gonna get is bad feedback and more bad feedback, no one is going to buy from them now and not only that but every pc supplier i have been to -not matter how shoddy they are- has offered me a full re-fund for a faulty product if it is within the warrantee period, this vcs is severely damaged in the head if they think they are doing the op a favour.

9. Foiseworth

Foiseworth Newbie

Destroying the reputation of your store over a mere ~£100 :duh:

Harry @ Videocardshop - why not end this thread by promising a full refund for the card, independent engineer test and all P&P. Then anybody reading this thread that gets to the end will at least know that you realise you made a mistake, you didn't live up to your own high customer service standard and that you won't do the same thing again.

10. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse combo from an online retailer 6 months ago, it chomped through batteries weekly. I got a replacement no questions asked.

11. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

What a farce this is turning into. Have you seen the Google trending on this thread? This thread moves up that list on an almost weekly basis, and I think it will continue until it hits #1.

12. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

Dear oh dear oh dear. Do Videocardshop not recognise the sentiment in the old adage "you can never win an argument with a customer" . They may continue to try and scrimp and save £20, £30 or £40, but do they REALLY not understand the damage they're doing (well actuall DONE is probably more accurate) to themselves?

If they'd have done the right thing originally, they'd probably have seen an INCREASE in business, but as it stands they've probably done more to undermine their own business than you would have imagined possible. When punters google them to find their web site to buy something, the very first thing they'll come across is this thread and then probably make an informed decision if it's sensible to purchase anything from Videocardshop. The funny thing is, the longer they refuse to do the right thing, the more this thread will be at the top of any searches; hello.......;)

At the end of the day, wouldn't it have been more pragmatic from an intelligent businessman's perspective to swallow the cost and reap the benefit from the positive feedback, than to argue the toss over a few quid and end up looking like a greedy, obstinate and unhelpful supplier. Seriously, what's the logic in their bringing the house down on their own heads for the sake of a few quid???:sigh:

So, after looking at this thread, would YOU do business with "Videocardshop" or pay a few quid more and go to Scan etc. I think we all know the answer to that one...:lol:

Last edited: 26 May 2011
  13. Videocardshop

Videocardshop What's a Dremel?

Hi. Yes we do apologise for this, it was in fact a pricing error which has now been amended. As you can see, the price of the XXX is £125.99, which is correct. The price of the other GTX280 has now been reduced to the correct price. Please contact us about this and we will get it sorted for you.

Regards,

Harry @ Videocardshop.

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

This is exactly one thing which I was thinking. Even with several dodgy cards, had the situation been handled well I am inclined to believe that quite a lot of us users of Bit-Tech would have still considered them due to the big savings.

Bad cards are annoying but if the RMA process is smooth and trouble free with emphasis on the customer service side instead of just 'dealing with an issue' I, personally, wouldn't mind at all and would continue to use the service to continue having the savings.

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

The only time you get a true indication of customer service is how they perform when something goes wrong. In this case the retailer has failed miserably.

In my experience, the likes of Scan and Ebuyer were absolutely fine dealing with issues.

OCUK sucked and, after reading this, Videocardshop will never get the chance to impress/disappoint me.

16. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

it comes to point when buying a used gpu from ebay is probably safer than buying this VCS and thats saying something

17. glendronach

glendronach Minimodder

I suggest anyone looking through this thread Googles "dropshipping".

It is a totally consumer unfriendly way of conducting business.

These often one-man businesses, working from home, set up a website at very low cost in business terms with no overheads and no stock usually with assistance from a "dropshipping" company.
    All the work is done by a main wholesaler who often imposes "no returns" conditions on the business. They are often not vat registered, use unfair terms & conditions and do not comply with consumer law. The customer never knows they are really dealing with a large anonymous company as all the transactions are transparent.

If you have similar problems to the OP they will usually put you off until you go
    away or take them to court.

Quite often, it seems, more than one web-based business is run by them from the
    same residential address.
    I found one today using Google looking for a new motherboard.
    A quick check on the contact address shown on the computer parts shop website
    produced links to a lingerie shop and a healthfood shop all at the same location
    which according to Google maps is a small terraced house in Litherland near
    Liverpool. All connected with the same person.

Needless to say, although it was the only place listing the board, I will not be ordering from there.

The EU at the moment is trying to push through regulations which should reduce
    the numbers of traders using this sort of business model which is also used by many
    EBay and Amazon Marketplace sellers. Sooner the better.

18. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I'd like to speak up on this particular point. I had a problem with a Sapphire 4870 card years ago that I had purchased from Pixmania 6 months prior to the malfunction. Now this is a company not renowned for a great level of customer service. However I need to pay them dues in my case as they offered a full refund including the cost of posting the defective card back to them! So we have at least one example of a retailer offering a full refund after 6 months use of a graphics card.

19. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Just a little update, Capital One are sending me a form that I can use to claim back my money in full under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. I hope someone from Videocardshop takes the time to read the updates to this thread and considers what they can do to repair the damage they've done rather than just making it worse...

20. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Question, does that mean that the credit card company pay you back and videocardshop just get away with it, i dont see captial one claiming the money back from them or pursing them for that amount?