1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Videocardshop: Absolute Mess

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Madness_3d, 18 Mar 2011.

1. Sunrise

Sunrise What's a Dremel?

@Madness
    My comment was made more to open everyones eyes to the fact that there are always two sides to every story.
    It seems you have always been way more than ready to post every bit of this story in a way which was always been very one sided.
    I didn't think I needed to point out that others may have found that/them hurtful and insulting.

If someone else having an opinion that doesn't match up to the tidal wave of negative views that you have created "deeply hurts" then I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart and shall withdraw from this thread as I do not want to cause further "hurt". Good Luck with everything.

2. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Appreciated

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

One sided? He even posted their bloody responses!

4. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

Good luck Madness !!

Just read this whole thread..... totally justified I think mate and TBH I think I speak for most of the people on this thread (Bar 1 anyway) when I say go for it dude. Screw em to the floor !

@Sunrise.... you remind me of a mate of mine... always has to play Devils Advocate when sometimes its just better to.... nod..... and agree.

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

This.

Hell they even posted a response themselves :hehe: So how you see it as a one sided argument with input from both parties involved is beyond me.

6. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

+1

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

An hour of time is cheap especially when the company is small and they can influence you to purchase at your store but look what happens when (quite fairly in my opinion) they're asked to stump up £150.

But it's irrelevant anyway, no-one here is accusing them of poor customer service except in the context of this problem and it's a real pity because having RMA'd 3 cardsalready they have shown themselves capable of fixing this problem whic just sugests that something deeply dodgy is going on.

8. Madness_3d

Mailed an email response to the manager. Will see what is said on monday

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I find it quite hilarious that this company's representatives are aware of this thread, yet they are still arguing over a few tens of quid. It seems like they'd to well to send someone over there on a a crash PR course, because I'm sure that a bad rep on a forum with a fairly large, specific audience such as this one will cost them a lot more in the long run. Just look at OcUK :lol:

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Is a Bank Holiday mind!

11. Madness_3d

So after a few emails with David (the manager) I've accepted a settlement of the £150.
    To which I replied

And this afternoon he replied

So that's that. I understand alot of you were adament that I should go for a full refund but I'm happy with the amount and I'm glad the dispute is over.

The next question is would anyone be interested in them setting up a 5% discount for forum members?

12. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

No.

13. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Someone might be but I personally haven't seen any decent deals on their in over a year, and would pay an extra 5% just to ensure I wouldn't go through the hassle you did...

Appreciated though for the idea.

14. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

nope @ the sub-forum and 5% discount.

glad you sorted it but i would have taken them to court

15. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

That is really a choice for the bit tech staff to be honest rather than us - bit tech may have financial contracts in place with set companies re sub-forums/prefered partners and advertising etc, any discount anywhere is good for members but bearing in mind it would require a sub-forum it would link bit tech to the company in a promotional sense, i would suggest a quick message to one of the mods/bit tech staff pointing them to Davids offer and let them decide and handle it from there.:thumb:

16. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Nope.

17. IronDoc

IronDoc What's a Dremel?

Given that this has seemingly gone as high as it can go and the 'gesture of goodwill' still left you significantly out of pocket (especially considering wasted time which often seems to get sidelined), I think most people reading the thread would be reluctant to order from them, 5% discount or not. But as thelaw said, it's an issue for the mods really.

18. Madness_3d

Well as I suspected no interest so far, I gave them the chance to show the community that this was badly handled and they were sorry and they didn't take it.

This "Gesture of Goodwill" would not convince me (or seemingly anyone) to buy from them again. I did consider continuing to pursue them further for more of what I am owed but at this point It's simply not worth the time and effort. Suffice to say they won't be getting any more business from me nor from anyone in the bit-tech community by the looks of it. Which is a shame for them given their name has been mentioned in over 50 threads in the past.

I hope the refund is processed quickly and if there are any further problems with them then I will have no hesitation in taking this straight to court for everything.

Can I also just say a big thank you to everyone who helped and contributed information and advice to this situation. It's a real show of what a great place the bit-tech community is and how none of us are willing to get pushed around by companies who think they can get away with this kind of customer service. :)

19. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Im glad you got it settled and you achieved what you set out to do.

It just goes to show the power of a large community like this. I fear that, had it not been so public in a forum of global enthusiasts, you may not have had the result you ended up with. Thankfully, it's all worked out.

Score another for Bit-Tech. :thumb:

20. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Glad you got a result that was satisfactory to you. Interesting read also.

As for the discount I think I will pass. We already have Scan and CCL offering free postage and they -largely- seem to value their customers. It is a nice 'gesture' but it was your idea and not the videocardshop's. Them agreeing seems like a desperate last ditch effort to salvage their reputation on these boards. Unfortunately (for them) I doubt anything could do that, the damage is done.