1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Videocardshop: Absolute Mess

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Madness_3d, 18 Mar 2011.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Interesting how it works in UK. Here in Slovakia you have 2 year minimal warranty.

In first year if you send something for RMA the seller has to prove that the item is not faulty, he has maximum 30 days to do so. If he fails to resolve your RMA in 30 days, he has to pay you back the full price you bought it for. It doesn't matter if you sent it for RMA after 1 month or 11 months and 30 days.

In second year it is exactly the same, except if the seller rejects the RMA, then it's the buyers task to prove that your RMA is because of manufacturing defect (usually by requesting the seller for manufacturer check, in case of rejected RMA and manufacturer check it can be longer than 30 days). But again, if the seller accepts the RMA and can't resolve it in 30 days, then you can demand full price you paid for it, even if you sent it for RMA at 23 months and 30 days from the moment you bought the item.

Another thing is that after 2 RMAs, you can ask the item to be replaced by brand new, or ask for full buy price refund - and the choice is at buyer, not seller.

I don't like that prices here in Slovakia are sometimes bit higher due these warranty terms (and because of smaller market because of a small country), but it seems i should appreciate what we have here :D.

2. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Dam, thats a good letter.

Well looks like a company that gives poor service is finally finding out the price of said service. Give em hell.

3. srgtherasta

srgtherasta Minimodder

Stick till yer guns mate. One thing i do know is videocard shop is off my shopping list permanently.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Wish you all the best with that mate. Can't really see them saying no to that letter, not if they have any sense anyway.

5. Puzzu

Puzzu What's a Dremel?

Interesting Post.

Stick to your guns, personally I feel that you should have ask for the full refund first and negoitated down it need be.

Since you have given them a chance to retify the problem already (one like for like replacement) you have the law on your side for a refund simple as.

more interesting is your reply from the manufacture.

"You have to understand however that resellers cannot usually offer a full refund on a product that has been used for a period of time, especially for 6 months as in this case. It may be best for you to accept their offer as they are willing to help. "

So they believe thier cards are only worth half their value if anything after 6 months?

Thats alone would make me think twice to buy a card from them.

6. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

Reading this thread gives me little faith in this company.
    Good luck resolving your problem.
    I hope for their sake that they settle this issue without going to court.

7. murraynt

murraynt Modder

The ammont of build advice threads that are posted on here daily and the videocardshop is never recommend.

I have often advised people not to buy from them even if the card was quite a bit cheaper.

8. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Thank you all for your support, and I can definitely say after the way I've been treated I won't be shopping there again. email was sent this morning. Still no response.

9. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Interesting thread this, I've bought from them a few times a couple of years ago and never had any hardware failures myself but to be honest I only kept the cards I had from them a few months.

Hope you get the result you want though mate as sounds like you have had a hard time with them :(

10. Madness_3d

Well here we go... Sent at 4:57 so I have to wait a day to get if i wanted to get another reply...

I honestly wonder if they have even read or understood what I've written... Anyway, Letters being printed asap, Honestly hoped It wouldn't get to this point...

Last edited: 23 May 2011
  11. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Ok, I am a nice guy like you and tend to give people an absurd amount of chances to prove themselves . At your point though, I would just cut communication and go through the CC company. It is obvious that this company is not going to budge. From what I have read you have proof from their engineers and even they are refusing to believe that. If a company will not believe their own reports, then what makes you think they are going to listen to you?

Trust me, go through the CC company and get your money back at full refund.

12. Madness_3d

Reinvestigating how it was paid for. Still not sure If it was bank or credit card :confused:

13. Madness_3d

Looking like it was purchased on a Capital One card. So may be contacting them in regards to Section 75 :)

14. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Good luck mate, I've been following this thread from the sidelines for some time. I never knew of this company until highlighted in this thread and you've in the very least warned us all away from these charlatans.

Companies in this field operate under such harsh competition and with such tight margins to the point where the only thing that truly differentiates them apart is the trust in the name and the word of mouth shared among communities. How any company can such fragrantly disregard the impact of a lack of trust and bad word is ludicrous. I think they have effectively backed themselves into a corner, and shot themselves in the foot. Twice.

15. Madness_3d

Agreed, at the end of the day if all I achieve is that someone else doesn't fall into the same position I have then that will be a success. Still trying to verify the payment, statement for that month is missing :eyebrow:

16. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Mission achieved then. I won't be using them and I doubt anyone else who reads this thread will either. :)

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

This is such a good point. I get the feeling that a fair amount of people outside the bit-tech community see us as a bunch of 'Scan-whores' but thats simply not the case. I know for a fact that tons of us buy from various places and always pass on positive information if things go well or receive good service/prices. We wouldn't have the 'Bargain' thread prefix in the sale sections if we didn't value the massive amount of retailers out there and the savings which can be made with a bit of clever/lucky searching.

Videocardshop has destroyed their reputation so much now that i'm pretty sure this thread is probably being discussed on any number of other tech forums further damaging their sales.

All that remains is for you to get your money, which i have no doubt you will :thumb:

18. Videocardshop

Videocardshop What's a Dremel?

Hi Madness_3d and to all involved. We have been made aware of this thread, so we are here to hopefully clear a few things up and help out the guy who started it.

Firstly, to our knowledge there isnt any retailer who would offer a refund of the amount you have asked for given the fact that the product has been used for 6 months. As you are aware we have also offered higher spec. graphics cards as a replacement, so we have given you multiple options to choose from.

In addition, your original purchase wasn't actually confirmed as faulty, but we did swap this out for you anyway. We do understand your frustration at having a faulty product, but we really are trying to help you out in this case.

We can offer you current market value of £122 plus £8 to cover the return of your graphics card.

Harry @ Videocardshop.

19. Madness_3d

Thank you Videocardshop for that offer, it sounds more reasonable to me, although I would have appreciated an Email about this offer as well. I'm currently in discussions with my credit card company and will get back to you in regards to this offer shortly.

EDIT: You're website currently lists This Card at £147.99 so surely this is "market value" :eyebrow:

Last edited: 25 May 2011
  20. glendronach

glendronach Minimodder

This really is one unpleasant anti-consumer set up.
    Market values only exist in the eyes of suppliers who are not prepared to accept their responsibilities under the consumer laws of this country.

Try Dabs/BT Shop. They, in line with the big retailers, offer full refunds for anything with a 12 month warranty which fails within the 12 month period.

Also try using your reasoning in a court - you would be laughed out of the place.
    Graphics cards in the gaming community may have short lives due to the eternal search for faster, better more boastworthy products but in the real world a graphics card would be expected to work for several years. I have an agp Radeon 7000 from 2000 still working in a PC.