1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows War Thunder?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Elton, 12 Jun 2013.

1. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Yeah I hate Yaks in general....I can't seem to make them work...but others just always pick me apart with them...
    The Ju87 G2 are nice but they handle so bad and the cannons are wing mounted...the aircobra just seems to hit a lot better...
    I had the choice of buying the aircobra or the last Me410, but I went with the aircobra...I'll be buying the second aircobra next, then the Me410 and then the Bf109 G2/trop...I just never seem to have enough silver lions :/

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Don't buy anything right now. There will be an economy update within a week. Even if it's not a great change it's worth saving just in case ;)

Also, I've been thrashing the low tiers for a while now trying to get all the early aircraft maxed out. Even when battles are both short and low earning it's surprising how much you can accumulate without much effort and it's a hoot!

3. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

As Throbbi has mentioned, fly a 9T or La5 and you become priority target number one :lol:

Some witless goon flying an La5 decided I presented an easy target in my reserve (tier 0) I-15 bis , we went head to head and he died lmfao :hehe:

What a muppet!!!

Have x4 buzz saw machine guns and a couple of rockets in the face :D

Oh did he squeal like a pig :lol:

My own personal targets of priority are Beaufighters (hate em) and any tw*t with a daft paint job that resembles Ms. PacMan on wings :D

4. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

No mention of the Japs so far - the Ki-45 Hei is a barrel of laughs with both a 37 mm cannon and a 20 mm cannon.

Not much ammo, but the turn rate is ridiculous for a twin-engined fighter.

Ki-61s are also rather nice, like a Jap 109, though a little slower and better turning.

Reisens (Zeros) are great mid-high tier planes with the A6M2 and above, the cannons are devastating but again short on ammo.

Favourite plane of the moment though is the Spitfire Mk II. Great turn rate, vicious armament, ok speed, looks and sounds great. Plus, it's T6...

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'm downloading now, anyone got a recommendation for a good starter plane?

6. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Start off with the Russians Tom :thumb:

7. Parge

I assume this game is in Beta? Every time I load up and log in, it just freezes and I get a warning in the background saying 'freeze detected'

8. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

It is but I've never heard of that happening to anyone that's installed it :confused:

9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Likewise, never heard of that issue beofre :(

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

i stopped using the 45 after realizing it's hilariously broken Damage model.

The Hiens seem to handle worse as of late. And the Machine Guns are oddly worse than they used to be...

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So I am now level 3, and I blame latency for my suckiness at air to air combat. ~250ms ping just can't be good for a game like this.

That said, I have shown a few guys the way around the skies (playing for the Axis - desperate to unlock the BF109 at level 6 or so). It is quite satisfying to fire 2 or 3 burst at the enemy only to suddenly see a ball of fire spiraling down.

I played a bit with the british planes as well, and the Tier 1 planes there are head and shoulders above the Germans... those stock MGs are a million times better.

12. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

For tiers 0-3 nothing, and I mean nothing is on a par with the Russians. Yes, I'll be the first to admit that they're comically overpowered compared to other nations but they're so much fun.

Speaking of Russians, I had a go at recording and naturally in my first ever game recording I score a truly epic friendly fire fail - rocket from over 1km :duh: 4:40 for stupidity

Last edited: 24 Jun 2013
  13. Parge

Found the issue - I'm running a 2560x1600 monitor....

"Usually this problem is connected with high screen resolution (e.g. 2560x.... , 1920x....). Some graphical effects may overflow RAM or even throttle game process.
    In this case we recommend to lower game resolution until freezes are gone. There is no exact resolution when the game runs smoothly. It depends on your PC.
    Change your high resolution (2560 x 1440/ 1920 x 1080 ) to 1024 x 768, choose a windowed mode and run the game. Set your resolution back (to 2560 x 1440 or what you had before) and choose Full screen.
    We are working hard to improve game engine and apologize for the inconvenience."

14. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Weird. I run a 2560x1600 monitor, and a couple of the guys I play with use 2560x1440, and none of us have had such an issue. I use AMD CPUs, and the others Intel, and all three of us use Nvidia GPUs. There's a mix of Windows 7 and 8 too. What drivers are you using?

Anyone, send me a PM if you want to play some games online, we've a group of 8-10 of us playing WT now, so we can always get some squads going.

Last edited: 24 Jun 2013
  15. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Russians are amazingly OP. :D Their cannons tear through everything. In fact my KDR with russians is well over 3 and 4.

The rest outside of the BF109 F-4? Not so great.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I shall go russian then... :p
    The BF109-F4 is the German I have my eyes on.

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

yawn. you and everyone else who is not playing russian...

It's a bit dissapointing that most german teams consist mainly of 109s but also me410s and fw190s in the higher tiers. Most other german planes don't get a look in :/

the match making needs sone work thats for sure, a few of those planes on a match does not have too bad impact but when 50-75% of the enemy team are in tgise planes destroys the balance. apart fr theom that issue, war thunder is excellent. :)

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The 109 and the FW190 is explainable because they're classics... the 410 less so (would expect the ME262 to do better there).
    But yeah... balance is an issue.

I also enjoy blowing crap up with the Junkers....

19. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

I Love my BF109 F4 :D Currently saving up for the G2...
    Looks like the economy change finally got here....logged in this morning and most planes were half price (about) but it looks like repair costs have gone up....

I had a 8 kill streak with my Spitfire Mk II this morning....somehow no one minded me flying in between all the enemy planes and blowing them up :)

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

If the economy has changed today I'll be a happy boy when I get home from work. B-17 time baby!!!! And if they've gone down loads I might be able to get a mossie too!

EDIT: just had a look and lots of planes I want have gone waaaaay down :clap: awesome! 500k off the B-17 and plenty off other stuff. I'm gonna need a bigger hangar. And joy of joys, D13 repairs up by 4000 in HB lol!

Last edited: 25 Jun 2013