1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome back - bit-tech!

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Pistol Puppy, 1 Apr 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

A few things to clarify:

1. The old (has it changed yet?) CMS is the best I've used. The only problem with it over the time I used it was that it didn't integrate user admin and product section admin. I.e. I couldn't add new user logins and couldn't add new section tags such as Xbox One (both required Dennis dev work).

2. I won't be working on bit-tech any longer. Unbeknownst to me David Ross chose not to continue with me running things. Yes, I say unbeknownst, because he actually didn't tell me. After helping with much of the transition and even submitting a report only last Friday on content output, the switchover just suddenly happened. Neither, it would appear, has David Hing been told that he is no longer part of the equation. That I wasn't part of David's plans I was somewhat expecting but to not be informed is simply one of the most unprofessional things I have ever encountered (it would seem reputations are there for a reason).

2. It would appear an email was sent on the day of the switchover (David forwarded me a copy) but I never received it so an apology is in order for that particular accusation.

3. Despite the above bit-tech is largely in good hands. David and the Hexus team clearly know how to run a decent tech site (and John is a great salesman) and it surely won't be long before many of the forum and site gremlins are fixed and both the content and community can grow again. That's why I'm, more than anything, a little sad that I won't be part of the new plan, as I simply loved running the site and would have really enjoyed being part of the team that built things back up.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2014
  2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I'm never wrong... just... mis-informed... ;)

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Sorry to hear that, I was taught good manners cost nothing mind that was how the switch over was done no one was warned / informed it was going to happen :sigh:

G0UDG likes this.
  4. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Sorry to see you go!

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I think it reflects well on your character that you can remain positive about the future of bit-tech despite the awful way you've been dismissed. As Tel says, good manners cost nothing.

G0UDG likes this.
  6. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Its OK the issue is sorted must have been a problem with my net connection

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Sorry to read that!:jawdrop: Well hopefully as one door closes another opens for you! ;)

8. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

*ahem* There's a reason he crossed the "I'm basically laid off" part out, you know ;)

9. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Dubble bubble short-bus post.

10. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Not a nice way to end things. Sorry to see you go

11. Ergath

Ergath Giant Zombie Pigeon Photographer

I, for one, welcome our new....blah blah blah..

For myself, I'd ask the new team to:

• Bring back Buyers' Guides PLEASE!
    • Revive the podcast
    • keep doing hyper-detailed and rigerous testing

That said I'm a lightweight who only visits once in a while so feel free to ignore me.

I do really miss the days of Bit-Tech being the infallible source for all hardware matters, and the podcast was great for on the train.

12. Old Nikon

Old Nikon What's a Dremel?

Agree....

And good luck in the future......:thumb: