Welcome back - bit-tech!

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Pistol Puppy, 1 Apr 2014.

1. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Very nice

Over the past year I have gotten so much stuff.

Some of it is on Colexions, trying to keep track of it all so if something happened and I had to claim on insurance then I would have the evidence they would require. Just takes time to photo everything

This one has a few pics of what I have setup on third floor :

http://colexions.com/?p=mypage&u=iaingrimm&cat=Retro Gaming&i=865

This next one is C64 left top 2, Spectrum on right top 2 and all my MD stuff on floor level, there is A LOT more stuff there now, buy items every month building my collection up

http://colexions.com/?p=mypage&u=iaingrimm&cat=uncategorized

All this stuff actually gets used often also, I don't just have it for the sake of it

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Is the Custom PC magazine advert meant to be left on the front page in the sidebar?

On another note: I'd love to support bit-tech with thd adverts etc but Infomation Security like to block all ads. It's lovely.

Least I can view the ads at home :p

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

+1

Sadly, when Dennis acquired Bit the frequency, length and subject matter of articles degraded somewhat, and Hexus was one of several sites I turned to to plug the gap. It got even worse at the start of last year when the staff were all sacked and the CPC connection was all but severed. The forum has been the best thing about this site for a long time. I expect that will continue to be the case, but I'm looking forward to some refreshed editorial content as well. I think the boys have been a bit hamstrung by circumstances so hopefully a bit of investment will help them to achieve what they're probably itching to do - test hardware and write stuff about it, review games and talk about mods.

Always a pleasure Dave ;)

You'll never know unless you try it - I shall not be doing it again in the near future. Ali took the photo (of her own accord, I believe) in our old spare room amidst fits of laughter. As for releasing it into the public domain? It just felt right to completely derail Nexxo's thread with a perplexing image.

Does that answer some of your questions? :hehe:

I think more importantly what would drive a man to create a social group dedicated to said image, and then 24 other people joining the group to talk about it?

We all know the answer - because the shapes contained in that image epitomise the essence of manliness, beautifully juxtaposed with the delicacy of the female swimming apparel.

Just thank your lucky stars Ali's bikini and thing weren't in my line of sight that fateful day :baby:

4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

No not really, But that's your story and I'm sure you're sticking to it :rolleyes:

Dream on Shirly lol

Last edited: 3 Apr 2014
    David likes this.
  5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I wouldn't call you a first class pillock, mate.

You're more steerage class. ;)
    Eeesh! There goes my lunch. Again.

6. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Is anyone else having this problem?

When I go to the bit-tech site for the 1st time after opening my browser (chrome), the site won't load and tries to load bit-tech.co.uk. I have never typed this address into my browser, ever, but it tries to redirect me. When it fails and I try again it works and goes straight to bit-tech.net.

This never happened before.

7. jon4tron

jon4tron Administrator Administrator

That's embarrassing, totally my fault. Should be fixed now if you clear your cache.

Teelzebub likes this.
  8. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Go stand in the corner of the room & think about what you did.... Lol :D #ToldOffOldSchool

9. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

These things happen, it's how we react that we are measured by. All fixed now and super quick too so thank you.

David likes this.
  10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Dennis is gone and some investment in the future of this fine place we've all come to know as our "Internet home" is taking place. That can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned, not to mention the fact that CPC will not be totally isolated from the community - remember a lot of members who have joined in the past few years came from the merger with CPC :)

After my innocent question thread on a car forum the other day descended into a blame game flame fest the other day (right after I had a car accident too, how thoughtful) I realised how important it is to have a place like this to come back to.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Encouraging stuff so far.

Why are you always the voice of reason and sanity?

David likes this.
  12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This is my cross to bear.

13. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Sanity is relative. It could just be that Gareth is least insane of us ;)

14. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Iwas under the impression it was Nexxo's? Or did he drop it when he ran away screaming from the banhammer?

15. Unicorn

Here are my suggestions to keep the essence of the community intact:

• Don't banish our beloved blue smileys (adding to them is fine)
    • Relix is still our real overlord, new owners aside
    • There must still be a forum wide ban on she who needs not be named aka that picture
    • The demote thread will not be touched :worried:
    • Patrick still isn't Sparta and never will be
    • The hunt for mvagusta must go on :(

That's all I have at the moment :hehe:

16. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've noticed bt getting really slow since the take over back to the old days then?

17. Unicorn

I'm sure that's just teething problems. You don't buy a site the size of bit-tech and put it on some rubbish server in the back of a shop unit in Afghanistan. I'm sure it's in a nice cool data centre with fast Internets and they're working hard on getting that ***** of a CMS that Jamie mentioned a few pages ago working ;)

18. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Yeah agreed, it's seems to really be hanging at the mo... Just a few teething probs we hope

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Given the low regard it's held in and the numerous problems it has, it may be easier to bin it and start again...

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I can honestly say that T5, the Bit-Tech CMS, is one of the best I've ever used.