1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome back - bit-tech!

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Pistol Puppy, 1 Apr 2014.

1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Doubt he would let Shirly have it Nexxo has standards lol

2. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Don't we all have standards?

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

3. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Seeing as there will be new forum rules and Im guessing the use of swearing wont be allowed will I be ok saying Oh deary me what a shame when I am annoyed or frustrated lol:p:lol: or even Oh Bother!

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Swearing has never been allowed! that's why there is a profanity filter :) It's a family place, thems the breaks. :)

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Imagine my shock when Bit loaded quickly this morning, then didn't try to sling ad poo at me.
    This sounds more like the birth of a new nation than a site sale. The gloom and doom going around from the very mention of the big D during the original acquisition was very different.

-The only thing that bugs me is our new overlord just admitted he can't eat cheesecake.:worried: I can only pray everyone is tolerant of such a heresy.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It's not his job to eat the cheesecake. It is his job to provide the cheesecake

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

...and free GPUs for everyone :D

8. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Interesting. So the cheesecake should be safe here.

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

+1 to Bit-Tech being whitelisted. Fullscreen adverts and irrelevant crap were rather annoying.

Edit: Ok the animated ones are annoying me, adblock will still stay off at the moment though.

10. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Terribly minor issue, but I notice the favicon.ico file has reverted to the vbullietin one, rather than the Bit one.

I can excuse the downtime (it happens to all sires once in a while), but the lack of communication was problematic and, yes, scary.

First things go down for a while, then we hear "Hi, I'm the new person in charge of running this place" in this thread, then suddenly no one can log in, all on April first. You can see how this might be a little anxiety inducing? I'm not so chuffed about the downtime as I am about not knowing WTF was going on.

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Interesting to see new things happening on bit-tech's commercial front Welcome and good luck to the new owners.

As for the timing, I'd like to point out that all of this went down while it was still April 1 in the USA. Until I successfully logged in this morning I thought the admins took down the forums as part of some cruel April Fool's Day prank. I'm glad to see it was something even better - the result of new ownership!

12. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

The groups are still messed up at the moment. I still can't get into 'Shirly's swimsuit appreciation group' :hehe:

13. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

As long as handbags at dawn are still permitted - for the guys of course ;)

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yus. 'Cause we are classy like that.

15. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I'm a wee bit scared...

Over on Hexus I read this:

And yet I see Hexus as being a site that seems to consist of as many articles which are little but press releases as it does in-house articles.

I consider BT to be the more 'grown up' site where Hexus seems to be a magnet for Apple haters and those that insist on spelling Microsoft with a $.

I've love to know more about what 'magic' is in store. I do hope it not moving the 'Next' button to the left of the article as while I know it's the Hexus way I think it's crazy wazy.

16. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I think they mean the Bit-Tech magic not Hexus magic because that wouldn't work and we'd all turn into frogs.

"Both are great brands and we want to operate them independently."

17. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

I read that as 'Shirty's swimsuit appreciation group':D

18. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Worshipping this fetching image of me shoehorned into my long suffering partner's size 8 swimming costume has been an integral part of the Bit-tech subculture for some months now ;)

roblikesbeer likes this.
  19. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Praise god that bit is now in capable, caring hands at last. I must admit I'm a tad flustered with the logon shennanigans of last night, the forum lockout and the mild issues with the groups, but I'm not blaming the powers that be one little bit. You may well have saved the site, and for that you have my gratitude and respect, as well for all the hard work that is and will continue to be happening behind the scenes.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This is a voyage of discovery for me, too, but one thing I do know is that John isn't from Hexus; he's been brought in from BoxFX, which is under the same ownership, specially to run Bit-Tech. Sure, David - the money man - owns Hexus as well as BoxFX, but Disney owns Touchstone; doesn't mean that Gone in 60 Seconds or Pearl Harbor [sic] were animated musical numbers rotoscoped from The Jungle Book.

Could David do a silly thing and turn Bit-Tech into Hexus Lite? Sure. It's his money to waste. Do I think that's likely? Nah. David doesn't need another Hexus; he's already got one. What he wants is a new brand which can refresh the parts Hexus misses; keeping Bit-Tech separate from Hexus expands his audience and is the only way he's going to see a return on investment.

That's my two penn'orth, anyway. At the end of the day, all any of us can do is wait and see what transpires - and try not to judge anyone too badly during the always-painful transition period!

Chairboy likes this.