Welcome back - bit-tech!

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Pistol Puppy, 1 Apr 2014.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Eeesh! There goes my breakfast. Again.

:p

2. David

I've seen a bit of anti-bit tech snobbery on Hexus and, to me at least, the above comment mirrors it. I'm not trying to wind you up but, if we truly are the grown ups, let's not get involved in tit for tat BS.

3. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

My eyes.... My eyes..... It burns....... Lol

David likes this.
  4. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

It's only just gone 9am, but that's made my day :D

David likes this.
  5. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Don't go to Hexus forum then you won't know it's there :D Like Schrodinger's cat - leave it in the box and don't take a look.

I don't think I've ever been on the hexus forum, which means I don't really understand all the reservation that people here are having.

6. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Ahhh! Warm fuzzy feeling! Man hug needed :D :worried:

David likes this.
  7. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

I don't think anyone has any need to worry about David acquiring Bit Tech

Both sites have their readership and followers, like John has already stated in this thread, bit of work to do to make things better here for everyone post Denis Publishing.

Onwards and upwards

8. David

I've been visiting Hexus for years, but only created a forum account last year. As a community, it's not really all that different to bit tech - the focus of the site is more general tech, and it doesn't have a large modding sub-forum - however, there are a lot of great people there who are friendly and willing to help. They also have a sprinkling of first class pillocks just like we do at bit.

Bit tech is clearly dear to my heart but the two sites aren't mutually exclusive, and I will continue to frequent Hexus.

I firmly believed that, under the continued stewardship of Dennis (read neglect), the bit tech site was going to eventually wither and die; despite the best efforts of the remaining staff, who seemed to be toiling with ever-diminishing resources. David Ross says he wants to restore some of bit's former glory, or "put the magic back" to use his words, so I'm happy to be patient and see what happens.

YEHBABY likes this.
  9. Pistol Puppy

Pistol Puppy What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all the positivity everyone, we've had a busy few days fuelled by strong coffee and the sort of language that would see us banned from this forum, so the nice comments have been great to see :)

The dev guys are working through all the improvements, hopefully you've seen some of them so keep up with the feedback and we'll do our best.

And to put minds at rest, I buy a vegan/ gluten-free cheesecake from Planet Organic. But only occasionally, as it is more expensive than any other single purchase in my weekly shop. Seriously, £4.75 a slice. Not even a big slice. Tasty though...

Thanks, John.

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Totally worth it. And you can always learn to make your own. :)

11. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Or is it a cunning ploy to gain quicker access to free delivery and MP use? [​IMG]
    jk ;)

Recipes available in the Hexus food hall section, no doubt :D

Last edited: 3 Apr 2014
  12. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

LOL

Get free scan shipping already as have a few thousand posts over on HEXUS, Market Place though, unless there is loads of old C64 tapes & disks, Speccy, Amstrad, MD, SNES, ST & Amiga games etc to name a few not much use to me personally!!!

David likes this.
  13. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Good God man! :eeek: How old are you?

14. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Hitting 41 this year, got my C64 and Megadrive setups back off my mother with literally hundreds of tapes, disks, cartridges & MD CD's which I bought back in the 80's February last year. That started the whole retro collecting thing I have going on now!

Third floor (loft conversion) of the house is dedicated to my machines with shelving to house everything, must admit though starting to run out of shelf space I have that much stuff!

Mind you I also have an extensive library of games on GOG & Steam and a fair few on PS3, giving PS3 a bit of a break though presently after clocking up 70 hours on Dark Souls 2 in 2 weeks and finishing the first play through.

Currently playing through AC4 and must have hit around 15 hours on it so far and only 38% complete, think this ones going to take a while!

15. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

The real question is WHY would you want to wear it and then you must have asked who ever was there to take a picture, And had some strange idea we would like to see it :eeek:

Lol

16. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Wizard of Wor and CJ's Elephant Antics. Ooo and Crystals of Zong. And Ghostbuster. And Terminator 2. I think that sums up my childhood. :D

David likes this.
  17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ah, entering your name as EGON SPENGLER to get oodles of cash so you could start the game with the cool sports car. Still got my copy, bought on the Ricochet budget label.

18. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

My copy of Ghostbusters for C64 is on They Sold a Million 3 compilation also with Rambo 2, Fighter Pilot & Kung Fu Master. My Spectrum version is on the Mastertronic Ricochet label

My copy of Last Ninja 2 on tape is my prized possession, I have the version that has the mask, rubber throwing star and avengers map, back in the day though the mask and star were removed from the package about 6 weeks after release as kids were going into school with them and the teachers weren't to happy about it and kicked up a bit of a fuss. If you look on eBay you will see a lot of copies with just instruction booklet and map.

My LN2 tape is well used with it being my favorite game in the trilogy, still loads with no issues, if and when it does start getting awkward to load I do have a backup disc version of it to play. Lost count of how many times I must have played through it, hardest bit has to be in the warehouse where you have to jump over a pit that has stacked crates in it, pixel perfect jumping required from crate to crate. Amiga & ST version they took out the crate screen on that level, must have realised it was a bit awkward and tough to get past.

I also have the big blue cardboard box version of Rick Dangerous by Firebird which I love. It has a Rick Dangerous comic book in there which sets the scene and the instructions also have a poster on the reverse side. Usually the comic book is missing from these and the poster corners are ripped, mine on the other hand is like new.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Mine's boxed, but missing the extras. Mind, you I've got a minty-fresh version of Life and Death by Software Toolworks for the Amiga which still has the surgical mask, completely unused - the nosepiece hasn't even been bent. Which is nice.

My collection, as it stands. I think that's up-to-date...

20. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

You know what I would love to see? Bit-Tech regain it's long standing modding throne. I still firmly believe that the project log forum here is host to the highest average standard across all the major tech players. I also love how there isn't a distinction between the sponsored and non-sponsored builds. Everybody is grouped together equally, which means there's no default "us and them" mentality (although it always creeps about during MotY). As much as I like OCN, I find that division gets to me a little, the non-sponsored section gets to be all light and jolly, whilst the sponsored bit is more somber and serious.

The competitions we had last year were brilliant, I loved watching the RasPI one and taking part in the NUC one was one of the best modding experiences I've had. If that trend continues then Bit will really be a special place indeed. The community here is also great, as shown by this thread if anything, you lot always help to put a smile on my face, not to mention how well people support each other on here.