bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Half hight panel or full hight panel?
Half height 3 13.04%
Full height 20 86.96%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th Apr 2011, 23:49   #1
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Saturday Night Special.. OMG I'm in the MOTY woooohoooo

It's that time of year again. The weathers warming up and it's time to start modding again.

Now those of you that read my last log may or may not remember that i said I was going for a scratch build, well it's been put on hold for a while.

One of the few cases that I always liked and fancied modding is the Thermaltake Mozart TX. So when one one turned up a few weeks ago I had to have it and when forum member saspro made me an offer I couldn't refuse, I didn't.

Here's a few pics of it in it's current state.....

As you can see it's in pretty good condition, got a few scratches but that not a problem, over all it's rock solid.

My plans for it are pretty simple..Mod the hell out of it, every panel will be getting chopped up, some bits taken away and some added and a bit of water cooling.

As for paint, you know me, it ain't gonna be subtle...lol

I'll be getting stuck in to it tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have a decent update for you.

Got a question. I love the mirrored glass on Bulldogs box, do you think it would be a bit naughty to go with it again?..comments welcome.

Last edited by bulldogjeff; 19th Dec 2011 at 17:41.
bulldogjeff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 00:12   #2
Fingers66
Kiwi in London

Fingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming SaiyanFingers66 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
In b4 Paul...

Looking forward to this one Jeff.
NAS 1:[Synology DS211j] NAS 2:[OMV]
Fingers66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 00:13   #3
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming Saiyan
LOVE THIS CASE!

It was always a love hate situation but man it was always from dg4rez videos or whatever that made me love the case always wanted to stick two 240mm rads up the top back and a mini itx pc on the other side

That red front is badass

That other side of the case is just dying for something creative...

Monitor on arm possibly behind door?
[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 00:20   #4
bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadP1xels View Post
LOVE THIS CASE!

It was always a love hate situation but man it was always from dg4rez videos or whatever that made me love the case always wanted to stick two 240mm rads up the top back and a mini itx pc on the other side

That red front is badass

That other side of the case is just dying for something creative...

Monitor on arm possibly behind door?
The reds going, thats how I bought it. Do you honestly think I'd have a paint job that simple..lol As for the modding, I'm going to tear it to bits. Only the chassis will just survive. It's going to be about as close to a scratch build as you can get with out being the real thing.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 00:30   #5
cchr
Multimodder

cchr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looking forward on seeing this one, a very interesting case, and im sure that it will become an epic mod in your hands!
Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 32GB SSD.
No Desktop for now
cchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 00:34   #6
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchr View Post
looking forward on seeing this one, a very interesting case, and im sure that it will become an epic mod in your hands!
Thank cchr. I've seen a lot of TX's loaded with hardware and water cooling and a few lightly modded, but not one thats had the full treatment.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 05:03   #7
IvanIvanovich
будет глотать вашу душу.

IvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming Saiyan
i'll look forward to you giving this the business. it's certaily a good canvas to start with. as for the mirrored, as long as you don't do it the exact same i don't think its too naughty. just find a way to approach it so it looks fresh.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 10:25   #8
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
It's that time of year again. The weathers warming up and it's time to start modding again.
That's the complete opposite of me!

But thank God we all have different preferences, or the forum would be empty 6 months a year!

Looking forward to this!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 11:07   #9
BLUEHORSESTUDIOS
I haven't lost a finger yet!

BLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for president
Looks like you can fit a body in that thing,this is gonna be awesome!!
BLUEHORSESTUDIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 11:19   #10
itrush07
Multimodder

itrush07 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmm, it must be hard to carry though.. I wonder how cool is it when it's starts working..
itrush07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 15:43   #11
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Look forward to it, it's roasting up here in Wigan! I will keep a look on this one, seems like you have one hell of a plan.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 19:52   #12
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
That's the complete opposite of me!

But thank God we all have different preferences, or the forum would be empty 6 months a year!

Looking forward to this!
Thats a good point actually. I keep threatening ot build a workshop down the end of the garden so I can mod all year round. I'll do it one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEHORSESTUDIOS View Post
Looks like you can fit a body in that thing,this is gonna be awesome!!
The weight of it when it was delivered felt like it had one in it. This thing must weigh well over 40lbs empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrush07 View Post
Hmm, it must be hard to carry though.. I wonder how cool is it when it's starts working..
Its pretty easy to pick up as it's got quite a small foot print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Look forward to it, it's roasting up here in Wigan! I will keep a look on this one, seems like you have one hell of a plan.
And in the update coming in about 30 minutes time that plan will be unfolding.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 20:11   #13
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
One thing to say bro. Mod that case till it bleeds!!! I am watching!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 20:15   #14
bulldogjeff

Cutt5ing it up

Right then boys and girls update number 1. The game plan is basically to smooth the whole case out and that means modding pretty much every panel.

I started chopping it up today, the first thing to get it was the doors. The look I'm aiming for here is a smooth look to the doors complete with one piece side windows.

What I've done is to get rid of the locks, the center rail and all the holes for mounting the window. when the plexi does go back in it'll be mounted from in side for a nice smooth finish.

Heres the doors before....

And after...

I hope you agree, that it looks much better.

Next up the back panel ... I'm going to be making up a new panel so it was just a case of cutting all the old mesh out and opening it all out ready for the new panel.

Again, before....

Marked out and ready for cutting

And after...

Next up a couple of hole for the fans in the top...

I don't know about you guys, but the in the last shot it reminds me of an electric cooker.

And here's a couple of pics of it back together again...

So thats it for now, I need to clean up a few rough edges but that can wait till next time...Thanks for looking guys
Old 16th Apr 2011, 20:29   #15
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wickeeeeeeeeeeeed

I always love to see projects like this pure hard work just a jigsaw and a garden

No offence to cnc guys but you just make it look to easy i want to see some cuts and bruises by the end of the log
[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2011, 22:43   #16
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadP1xels View Post
Wickeeeeeeeeeeeed

I always love to see projects like this pure hard work just a jigsaw and a garden

No offence to cnc guys but you just make it look to easy i want to see some cuts and bruises by the end of the log
I thought there was going to be blood earlier when I caught my finger on a burr.
Old 16th Apr 2011, 23:15   #17
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If it's an electric cooker it's one hell of a cooker, those panels are huge! I really like the grills, nice start.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 01:53   #18
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
If it's an electric cooker it's one hell of a cooker, those panels are huge! I really like the grills, nice start.
Once it all goes together in there nothing will be cooking, at least I hope so anyway..lol
Old 17th Apr 2011, 02:48   #19
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
They are some damn sexy looking fan grilles

Always enjoy your work BDJ, will be following.
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2011, 03:02   #20
that_du^de
give your head a wobble

that_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
jeff is the red front factory or has it been painted? ive never seen one of these cases moded until now so i will be watching this one! i dont think you will have problems with space inside as you can fit 2 pc,s easy in this case,mod on bro!
mozart tx case(11x120mm fans),intel i7 920@4ghz(20x200)1.28v,asus rampage extreme 2,6gig corsair ram(3x2gig),2xati hd5870 crossfire,titan fenrir hsf,enermax revolution 1250w psu,1x120gig ssd 4x1tb hdd,x-fi elite pro soundcard,dell 2405fpw 24"lcd,zboard merc k/board,cyborg rat 7 mouse,win7 64bit
that_du^de is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode