1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-Tech waking up in the morning thread

Discussion in 'General' started by CyberSol, 3 Apr 2008.

1. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I set the alarm on my phone for around 7:10 during the week. I leave my music playing quitely all night (helps me sleep) then when my alarm goes off I hit snooze for 5 mins, then when it goes off again I hit snooze again and turn up the volume, repeat this a few times until I actually get up around 7:30

2. fev

fev Industry Fallout

I listen to podcasts whilst sleeping and get up at 7am everyday without fail, been the same routine since 5 years old and i started going to school.

Only exception would be if I know i'm going for a stonking night out, but even then I usually wake before the alarm

3. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Currently.....i sleep untill i wake up naturally. which is usually about 1200 or 1300. Unless i get awoken by my GF anyware between 0600 and 1000 when she wants a chat before she goes to bed herself.

When im at work, If its a good day, i sleep from 0130 till 1115. if its a bad day i get worken up when ever there is somthing that needs to get done during that period id normally be sleeping on a good day.
    if its a REALLY BAD day. i get no sleep.

EDIT::
    Whilst at work i use my phone's alarm clock.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2008
  4. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i woke up at noon today for my 9am class. but, it's near the end of the semester so i am staying up to 3 or 4 in the morning getting my papers done. normally when i go to bed at 11 i get up ~5min after my alarm goes off.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

My sub-conscience is too smart for me. If the alarm turn on, it will make me turn off the alarm, instead of pressing on the snooze button.
    That is why I have alarm clocks with 2 alarms on it, set at about 16/17/19 min separate form each other... Yea, not 5min rounded... works for me for some reason that I quiet don't get.... I am still investigating on this mystery.

6. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Well, Weekends I do whatever.( Within the next two weeks it will either be work or mod)

During the school week:
    7:15, Alarm 1 and 2
    7:20, Alarm 1
    7:21, Alarm 2
    7:25, Alarm 1
    7:27, Alarm 2
    7:30, Alarm 1
    7:33, Alarm 2
    And then I'm awake.
    Shower, Email, Drive/Breakfast, School.

I find that this alarm set allows me to wake up gradually, since I need snooze time.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I have trouble getting up, I'm definitely not a morning person. I also can't get to sleep very easily, which is why I'm up at 3:30. I tried going to bed, I was tired, after about an hour of trying to get to sleep I felt all awake. It's really annoying.

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

My alarm goes off at 6:00am. I turn it off and take a short nap until the baby wakes up, which is between 6:00 and 6:30am. It's like clockwork, and I almost don't need my alarm anymore.

-monkey

9. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

i get up at 0645, but my alarm on my phone starts at 0620. usually i just fall asleep again. this is when my dreams are like soo awesome.

10. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

On school days I don't use an alarm, my mom or sister who get up a bit earlier then me will come in and wake me up at 6:30 and I usually lay in bed until about 6:40. On Sundays when I sometimes will work at 7am, I have my clock alarm set to go off at 6 and my cell phone alarm goes off at 6:15 to be sure I actually get out of bed. On the weekends I'll sleep in as late as I feel like, which is usually between 10 and 11am depending on how late I was up the night before and how much sleep I need to catch up on due to not getting enough during the school week.

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Buzzing alarm goes off at 7.01, snooze for nine minutes where it goes off again. Then another 9 mins, and I either get up then or wait another 9 mins and then get up. So I get up at either 20 or half past seven-ish.

12. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Alarm at 7:30, but im usually already awake about 10 mins before (kick-ass body clock). Used to take me ages to get out of bed but now I tend to jump out straight away else i'll just go back to sleep.

Quite surprised how early people have to get up on a day-to-day basis.

13. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

It seems the later I go to bed the more awake I am in the morning - mostly during the week I have not much to do after work so maybe bed at 11-12, leave the house at 8.40 so wake up 7.45-8.15 feeling sleepy depending if I can be bothered with a shower. I don't need an alarm - going to bed knowing I have to be up early I will wake up about 30mins before that time (seems to work for anytime:D)
    If I go out and get to bed at 2-3, I will wake up normal time feeling much more refreshed :confused:
    Also if I drink then I wake up automatically around 6, fully awake, and nothing can stop this:p

14. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Mobile phone alarm goes off at 7am. Snooze.
    7.10am. Snooze.
    7.20am. Snooze.
    7.30am. Snooze.
    7:40am. Snooze.
    7:50am. Snooze. Wife tells me to get out of bed. I claim that bed gravity is too high. Excuse not valid, get kicked out of bed.

Every single weekday morning.

15. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Uni days, alarm on Radio1 at 6:40, no snoozing and get up around 7.

Weekends and holidays, wake when I wake, which is always sometime between 6:00 and 8:30

16. naokaji

naokaji whatever

5:45 alarm on mobile,
    5:55 alarm,
    usual morning stuff,
    go to work,
    during weekends, sleep until whenever.

17. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Oh that was good for a laugh, thanks for that :clap:

18. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

19. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

On Weekdays my alarm goes off at 6:50am, listen to the news headlines and then get out of bed. No messing about. At the weekend I just turn my alarm off and get up whenever I feel like.

20. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

i've got a 95 db alarm clock designed for deaf people which i still sleep through :(
    Apparently i also regularly have 10 minute conversations with people waking me where they think im totally awake and lucid and i wake up a few hours later with no recollections of any conversation/previous waking.

my best sleeping moment has to have been sleeping through one of my finals for my undergrad degree, takes some doing seeing as i had 4 alarms set :(