1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Storm] - 040809 - Rebuild /GC Online

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 12 May 2008.

1. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

good news & bad news....they always come together:D

after a few hours of pain @ my dentist we received the bad news.....still no package with a graphic card arrives.....:wallbash:
    but then the good news ...today we got a short mail announcing which parts will arrive in the next days....so we´re going to change the Motherboard for an MSI P7N Platinum and we will get a pair of N260GTX which will also move in....:D:D:D:rock:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

atm we are working on the last details so that we could finish this project in the next days
    [​IMG]

then on Friday we finally got the package with the new Hardware, so i think today we´re going to test it and see how good it performs....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

You aren't supposed to connect both of the SLi bridges!! The second set of 'gold fingers' is for 3-way Sli setups.
    I'm not sure, but connecting them like that will probably cause damage to your cards.

4. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

@Langer thanks for your hint! we are running them with only one of the bridges......

when we put everything together the system won´t start the first time :wallbash: so we were searching for failures :confused: and study all documentation for the new hardware, in one of the documents there stands: Connect the SLI-Bidges so we wasn´t sure if that could be the problem and put the second Bridge in.....there was no difference still no signal of life....so we searched again and forget to remove the second bridge.....finally we found out that one of the memory chips was not in the right position (not locked in properly) so now everything works fine together

5. SkOTT

SkOTT What's a Dremel?

Are you going to watercool the chipsets too? Heatpiped motherboards dont like being upside down as all the heat from the mosfets and northbridge finds its way to the unsinked southbridge chip. A friend of mine made this mistake. his southbridge sat at 70deg C until it just gave up 3 weeks later.

6. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

@SkOTT thanks for your Tip!! But up to now we didn´t have any problems with the chipset...it doesn´t heat up (more like normal) and works really good....i read a lot of bad storys especially about this Mainboard in combination with vista x64 and SLI but all i can say is, that it is really running fine..

This time i just have a small update.....we airbrushed the mouse for the system.....and we got the new System Fans so that we finally can replace the ones we used to fit everything on and in.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but beside that we didn´t have enough time to do more on this project....that will change in the next week because in 2 weeks we will exhibit it at the Games Convention Casemod Masters which will be held within the Games Convention in Leipzig....

We didn´t have more time because we have to finish a lot of stuff until the Games Convention starts.....like those 2 Rasurbo Cases which i showed you earlier....but we´re on a good way to finish everything in time :D

[​IMG]

Oh another small update with the gfx cards....we tested them only a short time up to now but we could could stable run them on 720/1150 Mhz (620/1080 Mhz Stock ) we did a few benchmark runs without any problems .....fan on full power and the card did not reach the 60° ....the only limitation we found is our QX6700

7. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

another sideshow update:

in the last days we made some progess on those 2 Rasurbo Cases.....here are pictures from one of them.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

okay....the work on the 2 Rasurbo Cases is done so that we can finish project storm in the next days....

but here some last pictures of one of the rasurbo cases which we shoot yesterday in the dark with lights turned on....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

oh the white point in the right eye of the skull are the LED´s of an built in webcam which fades to full power when it´s dark around....:D

9. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Something new!

This System is now running for a few month in one of our workshops....so it looks like a mess...
    additionally one mainboard decided to pass out with a big flame (inside the case) so it really needed a redo....

so we start with a new reservoir which will better fit in the next steps....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. b00mb1ast3r

b00mb1ast3r Testdrive unlimited LoVeR

this case is looking really good also thoose other two that looked way too plastic before the modding

11. DJ 

DJ  What's a Dremel?

The color scheme and edgy looks reminds me of a [Storm]trooper. [​IMG]

12. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

today we made some parts which will be placed inside the rez to route the waterflow from one port to the other....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. b00mb1ast3r

b00mb1ast3r Testdrive unlimited LoVeR

looking good :D

14. Mokey Mokey

Mokey Mokey What's a Dremel?

Fantastic new reservoir, what else of the interior was damaged in the fire?

15. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thx!!!

@Mokey Mokey.....oh the rez wasn´t damaged...only the motherboard died in the fire :D

today we finished the rez (only a bit of polishing....).....so i think tomorrow we can mount it on the sidepanel and shot a small video....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

leak test...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Mokey Mokey

Mokey Mokey What's a Dremel?

Awesome, I can't wait to see it in action.

17. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

today i finally managed to upload the video of the testrun to youtube....

beside that here are some new shots from the first LED Test´s (they lay loose behind or next to the rez).....the polishing is not finished but we test mount it on to the side panel......

filling process....
    [​IMG]

LED Test´s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

test mount
    [​IMG]

18. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

After finishing the Rez we overworked our plans with this case and come to the point that we will make a "complete" new casemod out of it. So the next part will be a new custom cpu cooler which we already started today....here are the first pics....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. x_JesusNinja_x

x_JesusNinja_x What's a Dremel?

Awesome lighting :D

20. .Fatality.