1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project GT500 Mod 09 mom nomination!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Degenerate83, 27 Nov 2008.

?

What should the final colour sceme be?

Poll closed 18 Feb 2009.
  1. Candy orange with black stripes

41.0%
  2. Classic white flames going to black

15.4%
  3. All back the lightning and horse

12.8%
  4. Black with blue real flames and grey stipes

30.8%
  1. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 What's a Dremel?

well you wanna see the front??? all installed and ready!!! here goes!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope you all like what you see

just need my 2 white 80mm fans now

more tomorra most likely but keep commenting people!!! it why i love modding!!!

2. Ashaman

Ashaman M'hael

Well, speak of the devil. :p
    Nice!

Have you've dropped the acrylic parts you made earlier? I mean the stripes on the mesh...
    It looks good now, and it looked good then... so I'm not shore which I liked the most. Hehe.

3. Degenerate83

yeah decided that it just didnt go with the whole theme! i like this way better than other as well make it look more agressive, remember tho still gotta put the grill badge on there yet :D

4. Degenerate83

morning all

well made a few decisions today regarding the coolant adn it colour... was origioanlly going for a uv orange collant but then i thought about it and change that to Black not your average colour i know but all the pipe work will be wraped in this

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=762&image=1

orange uv coils!!! ummmm orange. still having problems looking for a block for the vrm but i am willing to forget it for a little while i can always hack the origional heat sink up

also on order http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-034-AR&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=399

for £10 you cant moan and its specs are exactly that of the corsair one for half the price.

chipset now sorted as the xspc chipset block should fit so ordered one of them to.
    http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_32&products_id=1221

thats it for time being more again when i can or when i have some more photos

5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Damn, I like those coils :)

6. bentleya

bentleya Lian Li Snail :)

Great work going on here :), sorry i cound't help more on the waterblocks :(

Try Mips or you going to have to go custom, AnFi maybe? but gets pricy and can take a while.

7. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Whoa!!!
    A good shopping! And you gave me a hit, I was looking for the dominator fans, but here cost 3 times more than the AC fans :)
    Tnx a lot to save me some bucks!

8. Degenerate83

good morning all

well i managed to get a small amount done yesterday in preperation of things arriving on tues!! firstly i installed the small 160mm rad in the front. had never installed it prior to this and was mega lucky as my quick release system was close (mega close)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you may also notice that the 360 rad is installed also!but still gotta shorten the bolts that hold it in place maybe on tuesday morning

pump is now installed also. but replacing the barb on right with right angle one i think all depends how tubing goes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now this is one crazy looking face!!!!

[​IMG]

try to imagine these fans as white led ones yeah

only two more components left to get still but no cash spare atm still cpu and hdd

thats it for now i'll update again on tuesday as i need to spend some time with the girlfriend think ive neglected her for past few weeks...........

9. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Looking good :thumb:

10. Degenerate83

Cheers Skullen apprichiated!!!

ok small update got the slot loading dvd installed last night not going to show it all as was tired nd honestly didnt take any phots apart from the final shot

[​IMG]

it does work but due to its design and circitry i decided not to mess about with its eject but so have install a small 2mm hex bolt to confuss the missus :D shell be tryin to push it when you need to turn it slightly :D

also forgot to mention a few weeks ago that i got my hands on a very cheap but very good sound card. £20 for the Xfi extreme music

[​IMG]

well expecting a nice delivery or two today so will post more later!!!

11. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

The slot in dvd is placed in a really strange position, it's cool!!!

12. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

then why if you go to google and type shelby gt500 does it come up with such a large number of owners?

because as far as i know the car does exist... in 67 it didnt quite look like that specific car they used for Gone In 60 Seconds but the car WAS around in 67...

oh and mods lookin pretty kick ass mate! keep up the good work

Last edited: 24 Mar 2009
  13. stonedsurd

+1

Amazing idea (with the placement and the twist ;))

14. Degenerate83

cheers for comments guys really apprichiated

well ive had a really bad day...

firstly i had argument with the boss at the pub where i work mega rage!!!! next i came home to a delivery which was really glad about but in my haste to get everything ready for a quick leak test i knocked a capasitor off the motherboard!!!! i know shocking couldnnt belive my luck proper angry with myself!! but alas i called and spoke to carl at foxconn who said it can be repaired so sent back to him today (fingers crossed it will be ok)

on a brighter not i ordered my hard drive nothing fancy as intend to use my old one from this pc which is a 320gb anyway so ordered a new 500gb one and my little treat a 30gb ocz solid state drive for the os and bench marking which should be fun!!

sorry no photos yet aint been happy with the results soon i promise

cheers

15. stonedsurd

Ah, snap.
    Cheer up friend, it happens to the best of us. :)

Still looking forward to completion! :thumb:

16. stonedsurd

Ah, snap.
    Cheer up friend, it happens to the best of us. :)

Still looking forward to completion! :thumb:

17. Degenerate83

cheers man

well yesterday was one off the worst dsays ever and it ended real bad..... while walking up my stairs i felt a real nasty tearing noise and that was it in a heap on the floor....pain corsing through my leg! doctors have said that ive torn a ligament in my knee!!!....FROM WALKING UP THE STAIRS!!!!!!! doesnt get much better than that!

but onto brighter things. yesterday while i couldnt do much else i fixed the bittom 240 rad into place along with feet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but it wasnt to end all that bad. After some problems with delivery drivers (gotta love those welsh drivers) as they tried to deliver my goods to the wrong house! i managed to actually get some goodies and here we go

[​IMG]

2 bottles of fesser uv black....amazing price off £4.99 checkout /www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/catalog/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    orange uv coils

[​IMG]
    memory fan for a very reasonable £9.99

now this is something that caused me much grief....over in usa this baby cost around £15 over here....£34 nice little vrm block tho
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    chipset waterblock....most likely will be going on southbridge

now i decided on a 500gb hdd as i dont use alot off space anyways and im going to reclaim one from my old pc
    [​IMG]

and a hdd fan to cool it down
    [​IMG]

now this was my little treat a 30gb ocz ssd. going to be used for the os and benchmark tests

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i couldnt get over the size off these things really are small and compact

anyways ive gotta rest this knee now so no modding for me today :sigh: i will keep every1 posted about the motherboard as soon as i know.....you'll know

18. Degenerate83

evening all

even though i have a buggered knee a broken board i wasnt going to let that stop me....oh no.

so getting myself sat down i decided to install the two hard drives!!! only to fing out that the seagate one wont install with the hdd fan on.......i'll find a way yet:dremel:

[​IMG]

and i thought i'd install the MCubed T-Balancer bigNG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

while placing the rad back into place i had to make a executive desision! it seems that i need to think about doors again...luckly the main gull wing door opens and closes fine but the rear one didnt.....god knows why i tried everything. and it seem to be the 360 rad. even tho when i tested it all before paint it worked......so it wont be gull wing for time being even tho it isnt that big of an issue it kind of grated on me.

[​IMG]

now theres not much more i can do now until i get the board back so hope you like what you seen so far and let me know

cheers all

Degen

19. Degenerate83

now considerin i cant walk or stand for long periods of time this was a very welcome relief!!!

i recently purchased the pyscopack cable sleeving kit from murdermods.eu was a tad expensive £44 but in my opinion it was worth every single penny. as the last cable braining kit i seemed to have a nast reaction to (something with glass fibre)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its acutally not as much as you think. but you can sleeve an intire psu!! so all is good

24pin... took around hour

[​IMG]

have also done 8pin and two pci cables.... waiting for 2 new black pci plugs as one pin got stuck inside :sigh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

camera shots are poor i know.... using my phone!

well its gonna be a real tight queeze in this one! mega tight!!

hopefull willl have board back by next week so will have a real good update for you all and should be able to walk :D

degen

20. .Fatality.

.Fatality. What's a Dremel?

wery nice sleeving!!!
    and yes this SSD are realy smal..