Other Michael Jackson dies of a "cardiac arrest"

Discussion in 'General' started by thehippoz, 25 Jun 2009.

1. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

For what? Last I checked he was tried and found not guilty of anything. And whether you like him or not it has to be recognised that he did have a massive impact on the world of pop music, in particular he pretty much rewrote the rules on how to do music videos.

2. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I am with Mankz - no great loss, but I wouldn't have wanted to have been anyone close to him in his last few years, it really was quite sad.

I wonder what is going to happen with all the tickets that have been sold?

edit:http://www.ismichaeljacksonalive.com/

Last edited: 26 Jun 2009
  3. flapjackboy

flapjackboy What's a Dremel?

Why, exactly? He was never convicted on either charge of sexual abuse. True, his out of court settlement with the Jordi Chandler case was probably not the right thing to do as that gave the impression that he was trying to buy his way out, but it was still never proven.

In the second case, the prosecution's evidence was laughable and the testimony from Janet Arvizo was the most laughable of all.

You think he should be in prison, but a jury of 12 decided otherwise.

End

of

discussion.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i wonder what 4chan is talking about at this moment...

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

He wasn't found innocent, he was just never proven guilty.

6. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Yes, and we live in a society where people are considered innocent until proven guilty. Now either that holds true for everyone or for noone. You can't have it both ways.

smc8788 likes this.
  7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

yep.... /b/ is talking about this...

there are people considering that it was some guy called "Light" that wrote his name on some notebook...

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

We don't in Britain anymore....

9. flapjackboy

That's just semantics. Besides, whether or not he was innocent is a moot point now as he's dead.

Trial by jury exists purely so that the fate of someone on trial does not rest in the hands of one person and I for one am bloody glad it exists because if it didn't, people like you who make reactionary decisions such as "Oh, Jacko should have been in prison" would send people down based on having made your mind up before the trial had even begun.

smc8788 likes this.
  10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Preconceptions are more than often correct.

11. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

farrah fawcett too.. what a day

12. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Michael Jackson's lawyers have revealed his funeral plans - They're going to melt him down into dolls in his image so that kids can play with him for a change...

Guest-23315 likes this.
  13. flapjackboy

Right, so you're all for abandoning the trial by jury system in favour of the "Lock him up because he looks a bit dodgy" method?

Sorry, but I'm afraid we require something called a preponderance of evidence in order to convict someone of a crime these days.

In the Arvizo case, the preponderance of evidence pointed to the fact that Janet Arvizo was batshit insane and that the fantasy land she lived in was way stranger than Jacko's. The evidence also pointed to the fact that the Arvizo family were hoping to get Jacko to settle out of court just like he did in the Chandler case.

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Chill.

15. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

Last edited: 14 Sep 2020
  16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Environmentalists are protesting his funeral because he is not biodegradable..

sorry

17. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

hahaha Not so sorry

18. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

You twonk. Giving in to your civil liberties proves that you don't really believe in them in the first place.

I personally feel this is a pretty important loss to the world - while I laugh at the jokes made about the situation because I'm not going to be a dick about it, I still fully appreciate that this is a public figure that some could argue led a very very horrible life through no control of his own; and at the same time managed to inspire the world with some very unique and brilliant music. You know there is such a thing as just being nice once in a while. It was never proven that he did anything wrong, and most reasons that were given for his behaviour from a psychological point of view were completely acceptable. As others have said, innocent until proven guilty; and in this case, a real victim of the media and reactive opinions.

A sad loss - one I will compare to the Elvis Presley of our time.

smc8788 likes this.
  19. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

The guy hung a baby over a balcony....and laughed about it....defo wacko.
    He had all the right reasons to fiddle with kids, but huge amounts of money can guarantee freedom in america, look at OJ

I was and still am into my rock/metal, so i cant say he ever affected my musical tastes.

So there wont be any candles in my windows tonight. only the reflection of blue lights and wailing sirens i imagine...oh wait its not friday yet.

20. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

well, i liked his music. The older stuff is fantastic although not so much the more recent hits.

As a man, he was a freak show, a curiosity that the public watched and wanted to blow up in flames but you cant take the music away from him.

Not sure if ill "miss him" but roll on the black humor,

RIP