1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Michael Jackson dies of a "cardiac arrest"

Discussion in 'General' started by thehippoz, 25 Jun 2009.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

The guy is a complete and utter legend, no matter now strange he is. He'll be sorely missed by literally millions of people, and rightly so. RIP :(

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

RIP.
    I wouldn't call this a loss as IMHO michael had already given the industry everything he had in his career - the comeback tours were always going to be a swansong. Regardless, his music really was is legendary, and to see him die amid the current controversy in his life is quite sad.
    Putting the weirdness of the past ten years aside, I genuinely hope he is remembered for his timeless music and choreography. He wasn't revolutionary (Fosse had his style way before him in the '50s) but he brought it to the masses, and made it fun. The king is dead, long live his music.

On the subject of his music, to say it had no influence pan-genre is, frankly, laughable to say the least. Don't tell me how much you 'hate pop' - pop is merely music that is popular at the time and well, pretty much everything has been popular at one time. Really, i mean that. If i seem to recall, Led Zeppelin were pretty bloody popular, and were as guilty of playing the public and exploiting the media as MJ is. Same game, different playbook. That's all it is. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand a thing about the business side of music.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2009
    mvagusta likes this.
  3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

+1 to both of the above. What a legend.

4. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

I grew up with his music, still love it now and its such a tragic loss despite what anybody says about him.

mvagusta likes this.
  5. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

What a shame, its horrible to hear things like this happening. So many big names die young... Elvis, Bob Marley, Cobain (although not that amazing) and Lennon (I know he was shot, but it counts) and I'm only 21 so I'm pretty sure theres others I haven't mentioned.

But all the same, RIP Jackson. You were a legend.....

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I can't say I'll miss him, but then, I only knew him for his music and in my opinion, that stopped being 'new' quite some time ago.

I don't see why anyone needs to drag up his time in court. He was found innocent (If you're not found guilty I don't give two ****s what anyone else thinks, you're innocent). The man's dead. I was under the impression that, after someone dies, you remember them for their good points.

More than certain he influenced a lot of bands I listen to, and he did give a lot of himself to the industry, even if he was a little crazy. We're all a little crazy in our own ways.

mvagusta and flapjackboy like this.
  7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

+1, QFT and all that jazz. The man was a legend, RIP MJ :(

mvagusta likes this.
  8. Westovski

Westovski What's a Dremel?

So, why did he pay that 22 million dollar out of court settlement in 1995 or whenever it was then?

9. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

The guy was a legend, I grew up listening to his tunes. (But now i like metal) and the club i went to last night, played a few tracks of homage to him.

I have never saw so many metal heads singing along to MJ.

He will be missed.

10. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Perhaps one of his best tracks imho. A moments silence, and 9 minutes of awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Jun 2009
  11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

One less peado in the world.

Everyone saying he should be remembered for his music is plain wrong imo. You shouldnt sweep the unsavoury parts of his life away. Through legal means, i.e. money he stopped proper disclosure on what actually happened in the alleged child abuse cases which in itself is pretty incriminating. If you had been accused of child abuse and you were not guilty you would do everything you could to get the truth out there.

Yeah he made good pop music but he also abused children, end of argument.

And for those reading who dont like this sentiment would you leave him alone with your children for a weekend?

12. Westovski

Q.F.T

13. liratheal

Possibly so obsessive ****sticks didn't constantly go on and on.. Oh, I guess that failed :/

Sure, OOC settlement might not have been the smartest thing to do, but christ on a stick. Would you want to spend months in court if you didn't do anything wrong? Would you want to be dragged into the public eye for some negative publicity more than you had to be?

Sure, his kooky attitude and actions bore negative press, but hell. I doubt he meant it to be taken that way.

It's very easy for us to sit here and go <enfield>"ooh, you didn't want to do that, did you"</enfield>, but the OOC settlement was likely due to bad advice, or a desire to get it settled as quickly and easily as possible, with as little name/mud interaction as possible.

He probably didn't settle OOC the second time around because of all the people QQing in the world over the OOC settlement. He was found innocent. He's dead. Therefore, the point in discussing it is also dead.

Remember him for what he contributed, not what it's claimed (but never proven) he did.

In the hypothetical that I had kids? Sure.

In a way, I agree that the negatives should not be swept under the rug, so to speak, but Christ almighty. He was accused of, and it was never proved. That's like saying some accused of murder, although it was never proven beyond reasonable doubt, should always be considered a murderer. Total BS. MJ was weird, no question, but I seriously don't believe that he should be branded a paedo because someone accused him of it.

If I accuse you of being a child molester, and find some kids to agree with it, and it goes to court and you're found innocent, does that mean you should be branded paedo? Doubt you'd agree with it.

Oh, and for those saying he was weird and yet 'celebrating' his death?

I think you're less entitled to an opinion on 'weird' than anyone else :/

Seriously, the only deaths that should ever be 'celebrated' are those of tyrannical dictators. Everyone else, regardless of their levels of weird, deserve some respect - Especially when they've given so much to an industry that is, mostly, taken for granted.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2009
  14. flapjackboy

flapjackboy What's a Dremel?

He was advised to settle out of court in a civil case due to the serious health problems the stress of the trial was causing him. The case against him was not particularly strong anyway. As with the later Arvizo case, the testimony from the Chandler family was extremely contradictory.

It's funny though, that Janet Arvizo sought out the same lawyer that represented Jordi Chandler during the original abuse trial. That and her previous case against J.C. Penny and it certainly seems like she was trying the same scam.

15. Westovski

No, but then I wouldn't want to share my bloody bed with a bunch of kids in the first place, let's not base any of this man's actions post 1990 on normality, because he wasn't existing on that plane, and never actually has.

Yes, he surely received 'bad advice' from the poor defence team that a many times over millionaire could afford. Be real. He never even particularly covered up the fact that that he had a bizarre fascination with children, so why is it so hard to believe the out of court settlement was to avoid a conviction, which would've brought a lot more mud on his name. It's like there's some sort of mass ignorance towards what he more-than-likely did.

No, I won't. The same way I won't remember Glitter for Leader Of The Pack.

16. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

oh come on. none of the child abuse allegations ever came through in court. it's very naive of you to say that he bought his way out of trouble considering that at the time of his court case, you know, the thing that carries actual legal weight, he was bankrupt. I'm not denying he was messed up - he obviously needed some kind of help.

learn to spell paedophile correctly, too.

17. Westovski

Just to let me clarify, i'm not happy he died, I appreciate perfectly his contribution to music...but to me, he died 20 years ago.

18. liratheal

+1

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I did not say his death should be celebrated, i object to the notion that we should forget about the darker side of his life because he is dead.

I am not an expert of the Jackson cases but watching documentaries about the original case with interviews from the prosecutors and police investigating the case the evidence they had was pretty damming. I will freely admit this is probably not the most impartial of sources but the media never is.

20. Westovski

Wait, was he bankrupt in 1994/5 or whenever it was? I'm not trolling, genuinely asking.