1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

Deadlines. Not so much ruining my life, but my sleeping pattern and eating habits.

Last week I didn't sleep for 2 days, and only had a bacon sandwich + a few cans of Monster. (For those 2 days of no sleep, I had more food before and after during last week :p)

Looks like the new few days are going to be similar.

Last edited: 14 Dec 2009
  2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I just fell asleep doing an assignment that has to be in on wednesday.

Woop.

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it's not ruining my life by any means but let's just say I hate chemistry

4. Matticus

Matticus ...

This current piece is Wednesday too. Luckily the other stuff is already done. My stupid windows application development assignment was in on Friday, and the program presented the week before. My relationship with vb.net is now a bit rocky, I don't think either of us will mind if we don't see each other ever again.

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

My boss is a fecking ass hole. I work at an electronics store that also sells washing machines. He's always on my case, breathing down your neck. Asking why people didn't buy something, this that and the other. I'm just waiting for this guy to push my buttons just hard enough for me to tell him I quit.

6. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

My life is going good at the moment.

I have food in my belly and air in my lungs, and good health.

That's all I need, that's all YOU lot need as well.

Remember, Your destiny is within your hands.

:D

gnutonian likes this.
  7. TempGong

TempGong What's a Dremel?

Well you have a computer with internet connection. :D

Well school life sucks at the moment, too much studying for **** I don't even care.

8. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

woke up this morning, drove to work fine as normal,
    pulled onto the drive when i got home. "*BUMPH*" ... some words were heard along the lines of "oh, golly gosh, whats happened now then"
    front suspension has collapsed on my car, booked into garage tomorrow morning to the tune of £200 quid, just before christmas too, LOVELY!

thats £200 out of the new computer fund for next month, god dammit, i've been waiting 5 months for this pc, good job im getting most of it for christmas off the much better half.

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Messed up with this girl..:(

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

AGAIN? I think you and I might be related somehow.

11. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Broke up with my girlfriend. Christmas Eve. Who knew, huh?

12. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Women. And Myself.
    Again.

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I didn't think I'd ever have anything to write in this thread as I'm usually a pretty positive person and always try hard to see the bright side of things, however it's hard to see the positive side of my car getting written off by a tree on Christmas Eve. Just happened about an hour ago -

A new model Civic type R was coming up to a set of traffic lights in front of me and the lights turned orange as he was approaching. He slammed on his brakes and so did I, a split second later. I instinctively turned the wheel to avoid him because I wasn't going to get stopped in time. Once my front wheels touched the snowy and icy grass verge it was all over. The wheels locked up and I slid head on into a tree.

The only good things that I can take from it are: I didn't hit him, missed his rear passenger side by mere inches and of course I wasn't hurt too badly. Hand and face burns from the airbag and my glasses got slightly damaged from the airbag impact as well but other than that I'm walking and talking and just annoyed that I have no car to use. Might take some photos in the morning to show you the damage but just picture a black 2007 Clio sport with a large vertical crease where the engine used to be and you've got it. Happy Christmas :(

Last edited: 24 Dec 2009
  14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I don't know about that, but turns out it wasn't as bad, I was just stupid.

All is well now. :D

Can't say the same for you though.

15. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

UL dude.

not what you need.

on the plus side you're OK

16. quietguy

quietguy D'orc

Christmas commercials, music, sally bell ringers, tv specials...... can't wait for this **** to be over!! :wallbash: :sigh:

/Non of the above crap has anything to do with Christmas. :miffed:

Bluefan likes this.
  17. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

Oh no, Not a black one!

Sorry, I mean it's good you're mostly okay. Well done on not hitting him, which is more than most would have managed. I hope it all gets sorted out for you quickly and smoothly.

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I give the Clio all the credit it clearly deserves and it's NCAP rating is obviously bang on. In a slightly older car (maybe 4 or 5 years) I'd almost certainly have had major head trauma or even worse been killed. Taking braking and road friction into consideration, and my last known speed of between 50 and 60mph, I estimate that I hit the tree at no less than 40mph. To walk away from that is amazing, I am very thankful for my life tonight.

Just to clarify, the guy in front of me braked from between 50 and 60mph less than 15m from the traffic lights as they were turning from green to orange. Any time that happens me I drive through the amber light and get out of the way of oncoming traffic from the junction, letting the vehicle behind me have plenty of branking room. Common sense really. He slammed his brakes on and because I hadn't enough space to stop from the speed I was travelling at, I had to hit the tree. The ABS kicked the pedal back out as soon as I touched it, so the road was defintely slippy. Anyway, I'd write my own car off any day before putting a scratch on anyone elses car, because then I'm liable for it and any injuries to the other party too.

19. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Stuck in work now till 5am in the morning then back again @ 17.00 for another 12 hours tommoz now thats bad :-(

20. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Looking back, my ex has really been the worst person in my life over Christmas. Even /b/ have been nicer, and that's saying something.

Oh well, back to being a mistrusting misogynist, I guess...