1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Pet Peeve of the day

Discussion in 'General' started by BentAnat, 4 Feb 2010.

1. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

At this point I believe my D-lock would have made contact with her wingmirror... By accident of course.

Besides, everyone knows that cyclists have no rules to follow... And other road users don't have to pay any attention or give way to or sho any form of common courtesy to them... See also letting two buses out today and getting no form of thank you, only to be cut up at the next roundabout by some tosspot that can't use their trafficators properly :)

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

right mine today / this week is

Managers too afraid to invoke change in their departments in order for them to perform better.

I work as a BI developer and have many conversations with Managers and alot of them reply we can't do that because we have always done it this way (despite it taking twice as long as requiring twice as many people).

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Mine for today is my university lecturer (not saying for which module!) who is boring the blood from my veins right now by lecturing us on stuff he has already covered at length. I have 5 hours of this today :rolleyes:

4. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

People who don't read the specs I send them. Seriously this happens 10x a day and I now have a e-mail template which I e-mail to the same people every single month.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Slow Boss Syndrome
    When you're on a SUPER tight deadline, and then the bosses decide to change calculation methods, in spite of you telling them that if they do that, it would be impossible to meet the deadline. Not because of the change required, but because 30+ hours of data population would have to run again.
    Then they start laughing if you tell them that the code is as streamlined as it's gonna get, and the only way to speed it up is by dropping data or getting something beyond a P4 3.2 4GB RAM for a "DB server"

6. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Not to mention the classic:
    Should have - Should've - Should of

That is really bothering me!

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Mine for the past 2 years and for the next year at least:

My PhD.

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Another one:
    People (like my sister in Germany) that sit on a 6Meg line and complain about "slow internet and bad service" while on the phone to me. While they're downloading 20Meg files in ~2 minutes. it takes me about 10 minutes to do that on SUPER EXPENSIVE 3G (which is supposed to be 3.6meg)

9. Unicorn

I'm having customer problems today as well Hiren :rolleyes:

One of our customers who we have a maintenance contract with for a network and servers that we installed less than 12 months ago called me earlier today to say that they had been having "several major problems" with the network for about 2 weeks. They "assumed that they wouldn't be able to get in touch with us" and called another local company to sort the problem out. This person (the company director and person I have always dealt with) called me today to tell me that something wasn't working properly and another company had worked on our network, a fortnight ago. I swiftly told her that I would be voiding our on site maintenance warranty on all installed equipment. She didn't like that.

F**k me, some people are stupid :grr: What pisses me off more is that a colleague and I put blood sweat and tears never mind a lot of late nights getting that building networked and it is a great system, the problems come when the people who are using it don't have a clue how to do so properly. I gave each and every one of the staff a support card and told them to call me any time, day or night as soon as they experienced the slightest problem. This has completely ruined my day :/

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

How the hell could they assume that they could not get in contact with you? The mail-pidgeons weren't fed or what?

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I just got denied another job. ****ers :grr:

12. Unicorn

... I rest my case. If I told you what sort of business it is, you'd be even more shocked.

13. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

What about going freelance? Y'know, graphic designer, webmonkey, henti artist...

14. Unicorn

I really don't see how it is that you are unemployed. From what little work of yours I have seen, it is blatantly obvious that you are an extremely skilled and talented individual. Heck, if I could afford to pay you at the moment, I would hire you to do some graphics work for an upcoming project. Maybe that's the problem though, maybe no companies can afford to pay another graphic designer (I'm making the assumption that you were applying for a job as that).

Keep your chin up anyway mate, you will get a job eventually. I second the suggestion about going freelance but I can vouch for it being hard work. The added responsibility and pressure isn't for everyone, but if you're willing to stick at it and determined to succeed, it can be a great move.

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

graphic designer I could do, web monkey is a no go as I cant code and I dont get how people can fap to hentai, no really. :nono:

16. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I only mention it because the industry my dad works in seems to use a lot of freelancers. Unfortunately it's mostly ninja secret sciency stuff, but it does seem like another way of earning a living and perhaps eventually finding a permanent placement.

17. Toxic_Lemon

Toxic_Lemon What's a Dremel?

When i walk past this guy in work and for the last 12 month the only thing i hear him say is (sheep noise) Baaaaaaa, i mean c`mon the first day ok so i`m welsh and yes i was giggling, 1st week thinking ok this dude vocabulary is very low, 1st year dude stfu.

18. Unicorn

Is he your superior? Because if not, I would have actually said STFU a long time before 12 months of that... I have very little patience for having the mickey taken out of me when it goes beyond a bit of friendly banter.

19. El Rando

El Rando I know what a dremel is

People with umbrella's who seem to take up the whole pavement and expect you to move out of the way of the pokey bits instead of them lifting it up.

And also couples who, no matter what, won't move out the way/break their strong grips they have, just to let people coming the other way walk on the pavement without stepping onto the road.
    Yeah I don't like people+pavements.

20. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

And the absolute knobs that walk under shelter with their brollys up, forcing you to walk in the rain