1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 EA: Crysis 2 is 'Halo killer'

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Warrior24_7, 7 May 2010.

1. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Once upon a time, with their country in a mess, it seemed like a good idea for the German people to vote for a short Austrian with a dodgy moustache and a real-estate-acquisition fixation... That didn't seem like such a good idea some years later, and they still feel the need to apologise for it 80 years later... Learn from the past. Thats the hitler bit out of the way sorry guys and gals couldnt resist lol, I am a HALO fan I have to say but in the end its a matter of personal choice get a grip warrior argueing and disrespecting other forum members over this is stupid having and voicing your opinion is ok as long as it doesnt involve abuse towards others be respectful

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Err, what? I was nit picking at the fact you got your information wrong from stage one.

Sam

3. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

This is one thing you need to learn about Warrior, he doesn't care about having correct information :lol:

October likes this.
  4. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

Halo = most overrated game ever.

5. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

There's something wrong with your pc if you're having so many problems.

6. Warrior24_7

Warrior24_7 What's a Dremel?

Or something wrong with the games!:D

7. Warrior24_7

You be respectful and practice what you preach. Here is one great thing about my posts...you don't have to participate. Now enough talk about Nazis, you seem to be fascinated by them.

8. Warrior24_7

I thought PC's couldn't run Crysis? Hmmm...:D

9. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

multi-quote ffs! no wonder your post count is high

10. October

October Mariachi Style

Nope, definitely with you. If you can't do something as simple as getting a game to run you have no business being on a PC tech forum. Quit trolling and go home, enough is enough.

11. Skidd

Skidd What's a Dremel?

You just made my point, if the PC has a hard time running the game what do you think its going to do on consoles? Consoles being a good couple of generations behind in terms of hardware and historicly PC being in the forfront of the technological curve.

If Crytek does this right Crysis 2 for consoles will be a watered down crysis engine that is console friendly and the PC version thier new DX11 build.

And I never said PC's could not run the game. The game was just a little ahead of its time and honestly still is in terms of graphics just now we have the grunt to push it.

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I have a lot to say on this subject, but I'm not entering this thread properly until I've gone out and bought a flame-retardant jacket :worried:

13. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

I just want to add to this debate that I still play Halo on line and only now in the last year or two has begun to look dated. It's still fun though in my opinion.

14. Warrior24_7

It's funny that you say "the" PC, whats "the" PC? Is it some fictional, default PC you are refering to? There are some [sic] "PC gamers" on this very site, and who have resonded to this thread, who's PCs aren't in the forefront of the technological curve, AND can't run the game! So what PC are you taliking about? There shouldn't be any doubt about the console's ability to run the game, because the game has already been demoed, the game looks and plays well, and the reviews were very, very positive if not shocking.

Isn't that what Cryengine 3 is? Isn't it "console friendly"? Why would you build the game around DX11 only? Then you would have the exact same situation that you had the first time, if not worst, with people not being able to play the game, makes no sense.

http://www.crytek.com/news/news/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=143

Sooo...basically PCs couldn't run the game.:thumb:

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

No, they could play it. They just couldn't play it at its highest settings at the time, though they can now. The engine was designed to be scalable so it still looked good in a few years time, which it does.

16. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

Warrior, firstly, PC gamers like 'shiny' because their rigs can afford the 'shinyness', unlike consoles.

Secondly, the reason many PC gamers dont like consoles is because they feel that consoles negatively affect PC gaming. Many games that are great on consoles are not given the same amount of attention when ported to the PC. Moreover, PCs can easily provide a much better experience, for example in first person shooters.

Thirdly, even though I like the fact that consoles bring higher accessibility and standardisation in the market, they also bring about technological stagnation after a few years of their release and this affects PC gaming.

IMO, the reason you are getting flamed about your remarks about Crysis is because it is the one of the biggest poster boys for PC gaming in recent history as Halo has been for the Xbox consoles. If either is heavily criticised for the wrong reasons or without proper justification, the critic will get flamed.

Crytek's argument about consolers giving 2 secs and PCers giving 2 mins can be interpreted in several ways. The reason for that comment , IMO,is that PCers have , in general, more patience and consolers dont, simply because they are used to their games working out of the box and are used to it. Therefore, making that first impression is much more important to consolers than PCers.

I would advise you to play some good PC games and their poor console counterparts ,and some good console games and their poor PC ports. I believe such an experience would help you to form a more informed opinion of such a debate.

About Halo, well, I found it to be slow and boring, even though it had some good, unique ideas. Moreover, first person shooters with a controller is simply wrong!

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I've just seen several "ingame" shots of it with hud.

I hope these are alpha because damn it looks poor, **** fov, big child friendly hud, huge weapon models and very meh looking character models.

lots of angry & dissapointed fans so far :(

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Got a link? Are you sure it wasn't a screenshot from the console build? That might explain a lot of it.

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

theres a lot of talk atm as to the "origin" of the screens, some say its a console cap others are saying its a pc running at console standards, theres a disturbing report that the pc version wont be superior for fear of console tards feeling left out as well as some journalists having a moan at crytek for severly butchering the sandbox element after a presentation at a recent games expo (i cant remember the name of it tho)

the hud has been reported as alpha but theres a lot of sad pc users atm. i bet warrior is going to piss himself laughing, the ****.

I've not heard anything concrete but im not holding my breath.

http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=871&Itemid=1

20. Warrior24_7

Well, I guess you haven't played games like GOW 3 and uncharted 2, These are 3rd and 4th gen console games and I don't see anything on PC thats rivals that, I don't care what video card you have. PC gamers like to "benchmark", they like "hardware", they like "shiny". If it's shiny then it's good. It can play like $h!t, but dammit it looks good doing it! Console games look AND play good. With the PC it's a compromise.

Blame yourselves. Piracy is a HUGE issue in PC gaming...HUUUUGE!! This is the main reason why Crysis 2 is on the console to begin with! Look at whats been happening to ubisoft. They were literally attacked...by PC gamers!! This is why you've lost your developers. All of the creativity that would've been on PC is now on the console. There are games on PC that never would be there if not for the console. The console is THE lead platform for game development now, not the PC. Oh, btw you'll be getting Fable III, it was a (multi?) million seller on the 360 (where it should've stayed) but oh well.

Technological stagnation where? You got your $500-$700 DX11 graphics cards, your $400 X58boards and $1000 6 core chips! The tech is there, the console has nothing to do with that. What you don't have are games! You don't like console gaming because you feel it shows up PC gaming! Games like GOW 3 are an indictment against all of that expensive $h!t, you don't need it. It's not about the hardware, it's about creativity.

You can have all of the fancy hardware in the world, and will never get a game like that until some dev goes and grinds one out for you. Speaking of creativity, Little Big Planet 2 takes it to a whole new level on the console. It may not be you cup of tea, but this is the reason many kids grow up loving their consoles. Creative games like this just don't exist on the PC.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=245909

Look, I-could-care-less about flames, or the "flamers" doing it. Why, because it has no merit. The "poster boy" for console gaming...is the next big console game. For the PC it's what "looks" the best. Crysis was absolutely abused in 2007 in every meaningful sales stat that mattered by so called [sic]"lesser" games.:rolleyes: The game disappointed many who couldn't play it or struggle with it, so many stole it. The game had issues beyond sales. The multi-player had problems ect. It didn't live up to expectations, and Crytek said it themselves. People like it...great! Many more didn't (numbers don't lie) as every-single major console FPS outsold the thing. This is the PC poster child?!! A three year old washed up FPS? C'mon. PC gamers rejected this game as older AND newer FPS games out did it, Battlefield: Bad company 2 is at 5 million (across all platforms) and going strong, and Crysis is the poster boy? Why? Because it's "SHINY"!! Thats why. Thats it's only claim to fame, and the ONLY reason it has the rep that it does and the ONLY reason it's even being talked about.

Damn right they do, and they should! No wine should be relased before it's time and neither should any game...but they do.:grr: On PC to boot. You see there is no QC on the PC as there is on the console. The console manufacturer is the QC to make sure the game is realesed to "THEIR" customers in a finished and playable state. Because on the console, software moves hardware, on the PC you buy the hardware first and "then" find some software that works with it.

So on the PC it's the gamer who is the QC, and who often struggles with game just to get them to do what they were suppose to do in the first place! It's a joke and the PC gamer is the butt of it. That how much respect they have for you, and how much they have for the console player! Crytek knows what to do *er* what they "better" do!

I'm a gamer "first", I judge a game for what it is instead of what it's on. I've been gaming for decades and game across ALL platforms, I don't care if it's on the PC or not.

Don't you just luv when someone doesn't practice what they preach! Lol!!!