1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Pet Peeve of the day

Discussion in 'General' started by BentAnat, 4 Feb 2010.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

The people on the bus who don't move there bag on the next seat and in turn make poor old ladys stand up until i tell them "move your bag else i'll stick it up your..." no i don't say that i just point out a lady wants to sit down and your bag is in the way.

Then they stare at you like there so much better that there bag needs a whole seat of its own.

God i hate those people!

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Almost forgot the big one sorry for a double post..

The herd of pre-teen chavs gathering with the water filled vodka bottles, Walking like they have a disformanty in the leg joints and cussing like sailors from a good 250 yards when they used up the only witty comeback they could think of just so they have a head start to save there poor stumpy legs from carrying that overweight sweating carcus they call "muscles"

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Thread bump, and it's "their" dude :grr:

I absolutely loathe the alternate/American way of writing the date - 06/09/10 in the form mm/dd/yy is just plain confusing. Is that the 6th of September 2010 or the 9th of June 2010? Why not just have ONE way of doing it - 09/06/10 in the format dd/mm/yy for todays date. Since America uses our language, why can't they just use the UK/European way of writing the date as well? Yes, I know it's supposed to stand for the way that Americans speak the date - "June 9th twenty ten" instead of the more traditional European way of speaking the date "The ninth of June twenty ten" but it is CONFUSING beyond belief to have two systems for the date and for that system not to be defined or identified on a website, newspaperm magazine or book. I've even seen some STUPID forums list post dates as 10/9/6 (yy/dd/mm). That's even MORE backwards and confusing :grr:

4. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I say the problem is it not being identified as to which one is being used not that one way is wrong and the other is right. Having different ways of writing it is OK as long as it is specified which is being used.

5. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Pet peeve of the day:
    Negative people.
    Yes. Sometimes life is sh*t. It's important to appreciate the little things in life and be able to find joy in those. This helps yuo to cope with the challenges ahead and keeps your chin up.
    Negative people drop into "morbid-mode" where everything sucks, and the little things are "lhings that mean nothing".

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

*feels guilty*

i've been working on that.

:)

7. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

People asking work questions when I'm on lunch, clearly eating food...

8. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

With you on that one.

9. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

My little brother not clearing up after himself in the garden. Sucks to mow the lawn when I have to stop every 10 feet because some of his crap is in the way.

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Wokring on it is good. Much better thn the people I am referring to (and yes - those are fairly specific people)

11. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Agree!

It's even more confusing when some systems demand that you write dd-mm-yyyy, some demand dd mmm yy and some demand dd/mm/yy.

At least use the same separators dammit!!

I have all of these problems every day at work.

12. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

3. People talking with food in their mouths.
    2. People chewing with their mouths open.
    1. People talking whilst at the same time chewing food resulting in a steady spray of saliva and semi masticated bits of food. (See my blogpost "pet peeves and aggravations" for further clarification).

13. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

PPOTD

People (aside: my boss) using things like universality and granularity instead of universal or granular.

Actually anything that has an unnecessary "ality" on the end of it tends to get my hackles up.

14. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

being out of toilet paper with the shops closed and no night shop around...

15. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Use the shower!

16. Unicorn

I feel only a little guilty about saying this - after a car trip with my Mum this evening for the first time in a while I'd forgotten how much the way she drives annoys me. It has quite literally put me in a foul mood and made me never want to get in the car with her ever again. What probably pisses me off more is the fact that she won't let me drive her anywhere because she's such a nervous passenger and secretly, although she'd never tell me this, thinks that I drive badly.

17. eddie543

eddie543 Snake eyes

people who own phones that go to voicemail.

Seriously come on that cost me 20p and I don't want to send you a crappy message that you probably wont even ring any way.

FFS ban voicemail it does my nut in,.

18. Unicorn

iPhones have been doing visual voicemail for 3 years. It owns. That is all.

19. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

lol, i hate driving with my dad as well. but at least he lets me drive when i tell him im going to drive.

20. Unicorn

My Dad is a great driver, he taught me how to drive initially before I had lessons from a professional to teach me the finer points for passing my test, but being in the car with Mum this evening was just a ffffffuuuuuu moment :grr: