Xbox 360 Microsoft finally release the 360 they should have from the beginning

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 15 Jun 2010.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

can you see MS walking up to Sony and asking "can we have your BR technology for use in our rival console?"

would be amusing to watch.

2. dave_c

dave_c Minimodder

the simple fact is HD DVD is dead blu ray has officially won, playstation online is free and despite people thinking otherwise is very good AND they have been doing it all right from the beginning.

MS have made a vain attempt to make the 360 how it should have been to start off with and STILL failed, how many years on?

the only thing that xbox has EVER had going for it in my opinion is the game base, and even that is waining now.

PS3 all the way im afraid. i just dont know what is going on in the heads of the microsoft dev team

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The Wii doesn't even have a DVD player!! :p

Microsoft is invested in premium online services and streaming content, rather than disc, which is basically giving royalties to Sony with every sale of device and movie. It wants to sell larger and large hard drives and play stuff off the drive/online, not disc.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft launched its next gen console as online only.

It would also spurn a whole load of other threads going "OMG M$ ARE GONNA RELEASE GAMES ON BLU RAY MY OLD XBOX 360 WONT WORK WITH THEM HOW COULD THEY!! THEY ARE FORCING US TO BUY A NEW CONSOLE OMFG HATE M$" and Sony fanboys saying "M$ ADMIT PS3 IS BETTER WITH BLU-RAY OMFG LOLOLOL!!L!O!11"

Note I changed the S to a dollar sign for effect. ;)

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you missed out the word F4g ;)

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

From experience (I own both 360 and PS3) i can say that there isnt really anything wrong with online gaming on the PS3, but imo Xbox live is better but then it wants to be because it has to be payed for.

Microsoft cant really make the service free now either because, theres millions of people that have active subs to the service, I know i wouldnt be happy to be reimbursed with MS points for the remainder of my live sub, so i guess i wouldnt be the only one.

On the subject of blu ray, i dont think sony could refuse a license to MS, so it more likely to be MS not wanting to line sonys pockets imo.

6. dave_c

dave_c Minimodder

never had any lag caused by PS3 online at all. and iv been using almost since it came out.

the unorganized feel of the PS3 doesnt exist. i love, the xbox system of using Dave and dave as 2 differant user names however got on my nerves.

PS3 layout seems 100% better than 360s workings, i dont mean to sound like a fan boy of PS3, im actually much more of a PC person.

7. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

at this stage in the game with such a large user base on both sides and both sets of hardware being pretty close in spec and price (not starting a debate about which is better) i think it will have to be exclusives that both sides have to look at to drive sales. blu ray has to be a very big plus on the PS3s side at the moment

not that they care about hardware sales much just the games that go along with them as theyre all that makes them the most money.

8. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

lol, removing the lights doesnt remove the problem :D

10. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

you can download or stream HD movies from xbox live, saying download blurays is a contradiction as bluray is just a medium. you can also download full games, its called games on demand as far as i remember and you dont need a disc

250GB mighnt be huge but youll always have a record of paying for the game so if you stop playing it you can dellete the game and redownload later. but im sure the capacity will grow by the time downloads are the norm

having to put the disc in to play it is just so you dont say borrow the game install it and pass the disc on. just a way of knowing your not playing from the HDD and someone else has the disc and is using it too

Last edited: 17 Jun 2010
  11. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I remember when the 360 launched Microsoft said they were focusing on gaming and not trying to force gamers to buy film technology, which is what blu ray is.

At the moment games don't need larger capacity disks, maybe one day they will and maybe by then we will have something better than blu ray.

You could argue that Sony used gamers to win the hd battle, by making them adopt blu ray whether they wanted it or not.

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Which is all very well until MS de-list a game/film you've paid for (try looking for MK3: Ultimate in the 360 Arcade ;)). I'd much prefer to have a physical disc.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Even if they did - we're not adverse to swapping discs or installing to the hard drive these days, are we? ;)

14. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I have both systems. If I could pick one gripe from the combined perspective, it's the PS3 controller. It is horrible to use and even worse to use after using a 360 pad.

15. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

My xbox is getting on, my HDD is from day of release so is even older than the actual console, still works fine. And i'm not sure why people say the 360's loud, because frankly, it isn't, my TV is louder making all those silly boom boom, bang bang noises.......

I have both xbox and PS3, and i prefer the 360, Don't get me wrong, the PS3 is a excellent bit of kit, but the software lacks, and i think PSN Store is just naff compared to live's.
    I'm happy to pay just under £30 per year for xbox live, i don't think i've had any issues with my connection within games using it, and if i did, it was my end, and the vast quantity and quality of the content is excellent, and you get some good deals being a Gold member too.

Will i be upgrading to the new Model? Yes, i will be. At £199 at Play.com it's pretty well priced, and will actually be an upgrade. I just need to find a way of copying all my User Data from my old HDD to the new HDD.

Sam

16. fev

fev Industry Fallout

A data transfer kit will be available from launch for an RRP of £14.99

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I might grab one in a few months when I have a bit more spare cash lying around and they do some nice deals with free games and stuff.

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I bought my slim PS3 for $299, the engadget article places the slim 360 at $299... I'm sorry, where did I pay more? Sure looks like the exact same price to me. Only I've had mine for awhile now and the 360 is just now coming out, and I still get to play blu-rays when the 360 doesn't. Only drawback is not getting the extra 130GB of HHD space, but that's a non-issue since I have yet to use over 10GB on my PS3.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2010
  19. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

Don't know if this works for all content but... The Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC was removed from the Marketplace. I didn't know this, so I deleted it from my HDD. I was still able to redownload it by going to my download history page.

20. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Those who bought MK3, still have MK3. If you delete the game from your HDD, you can redownload it quite easily. What's your point?