1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Microsoft finally release the 360 they should have from the beginning

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 15 Jun 2010.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Libraries should stock them so people can borrow it for the ONE SINGLE USE they get out of it.

£15 for a disposable product is a crock.

I only want a 360 now for Dead Rising 2. Don't think I can justify that to the missus somehow.

2. fev

fev Industry Fallout

PS3's aren't that cheap in the UK... the XBox 360 is the cheaper console at £199.99 RRP.

Don't act like a spoilt child over it

3. fev

fev Industry Fallout

It's cheaper to use a 16GB usb stick to move your data over... which is what I'll be doing unless one appears in the post.

4. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

If all your profile data is under 16GB, you can absolutely do it.

Most people are just going to delete all their non-paid content (like demo's, trailers etc) and then transfer.

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

you can since the last update

i thought you could save what you wanted onto a pen drive.

move your profile first then move over everything else as the size of your pen drive allows

6. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Yup, you can do that but remember that the limit is still 16GB regardless of how big the actual drive is.

7. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Yup, you can use up to 2 separate devices for a maximum of 32GB storage space.

8. Oggyb

Oggyb Mutant

Fantastic piece of work from MS there, making the hoops so small to jump through that you end up paying for the convenience of having the transfer kit.

9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

or use the same one over and over. i think you can pick and choose what you save/transfer

10. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Yup, one thing you need to get used to if you want to play console games is getting screwed over at every opportunity. That's subsidised gaming for you. :blah:

11. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

im really pretty sure you dont have to move everyhting in one go upto 16GB or 36GB. so move all your stuff in two or three goes with the pen drive and your alright. you would patrician a 16gb FAT32 disk on an external harddrive/pen drive etc and do it that way

from wikipeda(cant go on xbox.com at work)

Allows up to two USB flash drives or external hard drives to be used for storing profiles, game saves, demos and more up to 16 GB each, 32GB combined.

36GB isnt that bad? you cant move games on discs saved on the HDD anyway and they take up most of the space on my HDD

12. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Having owned and used both, i would opt for paid online service anytime.
    Xbox live is way way better than the ps3 online.

Other then that and the superior xbox game selection i would go for a ps3.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

While they might say it's single use, it's anything but, I've bought and resold a used DTK off eBay when I bought my first elite and it worked fine.

Actually there's nothing stopping you using more, it's just you can only have two 16Gb devices attached at one time. If you have a load of USB sticks lying about you can use as many as you like to get all your data off.

Only problem is some data is non transferable such as Rock Band saves :grr:

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

DUR HUR double post

15. fev

fev Industry Fallout

Rock Band 3 will absorb your saves and make them USB stick friendly...

not the perfect answer but it's a solution

16. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Retailer GAME has confirmed that the Xbox 360 S will include a data transfer kit that can be used to port all your existing game saves and DLC to the new machine.

“The new Xbox will have a data migration kit so getting all that gaming goodness out of your old hard drive will be a breeze,” GAME claimed via Twitter.

Of course, this isn’t a huge amount of help to those hoping to trade-in their existing machine against a redesigned model. In this instance the best option will be to use 16GB USB Flash drives to manually port data to a PC. This can then be transferred back to the new machine via the same method.

Please make sure your machine is updated with the latest firmware or else USB Flash support will not be enabled.

Note that some content will need to have its licence digitally transferred is users want to access it when not connected to the internet. Details about that process can be found here.

http://forums.xbox.com/33025013/ShowPost.aspx

17. jono51

jono51 What's a Dremel?

I'm on my fourth 360 and while this new slim looks great, i'm gonna give it a good 6 months before considering a purchase because by then I'm sure any potential problems will have shown up. Hopefully, it will all work out great though.

18. fev

fev Industry Fallout

I'm afraid this isn't the case, everyone is getting the same SKU

- Microsoft to MCV

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

When I bought my elite when it first came out GAME allowed people to delay the trade in, so I got the full trade in amount for my old xbox when I sold it to them. I imagine they're doing something similar with the slim.

20. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Yeh, because they had 45nm and Wireless N back then. Sigh.