1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How many of you use Twitter?

Discussion in 'General' started by OneSeventeen, 25 Feb 2007.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I didn't get Twitter at first but where else can you talk directly to Astronauts currently residing in the ISS and various band members, celebrities you wouldn't normally ever get to talk to?

I also find it good for getting instant tech updates from various sites and there's a fair few competitions about from EA and game sites with free beta codes etc. which has got me into a few. Plus it's good to chat with like minded folk.

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Basically it's just like anal sex: transendentally awesome when rock stars or astronauts are involved, but pretty gay when it's just you and people you know.

knuck likes this.
  3. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

don't
    never have
    don't intend to

I see no use for twitter. At all

EDIT:
    we have a winner

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

If at all possible could we try and keep this thread to people sharing their usernames. If you don't like twitter or see any point in it, that's fine, but why are you reading this thread let alone replying to it?

6. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

https://twitter.com/spboardman

I'm using Twitter for the sponsored walk I have coming up on Aug. 21st. I will be tweeting on the walk, as the day goes by. I'm also using it in practice walks at the moment. It was a mate who suggested using Twitter, I am also using GPS so peeps can view my progress on a map too, so he reckoned it would be cool for me to tweet on the walk too. I think he's just dying to hear about me hurting from the walk:D

Here's the walk's page: http://hexsys.co.uk/sponsoredwalk.html

Twitter has got some great uses, it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's pretty cool:rock:

7. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

I'm on there under @Brooxy927.

Very rarely put anything on there as not many people i know IRL use it - everyone seems to use facebook to report the colour of their latest crap.

(Incidentally, orange - lots of curry the other night...)

Although if people add me, I might put more of an effort in ;)

Last edited: 14 Jul 2010
  8. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I'm on twitter and update it quite a bit when I'm on my way to work or coming back from it.
    MarkHGrainger add me if you feel like a laugh

9. Pieface

Pieface Modder

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'll add you when I get a mo.

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

well.... to be fair my reply was the last one before the thread "died"

(unless you deleted a comment that came right after mine)

12. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I did actually :) cos it was a spamm0r anyway. Usernames that are girly names, almost always means spammage.

Also, added some more people from here. You now all live in my bit-tech list.

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I remember a lecturer asking this, 300 person lecture, 97% put their hands up, when he asked how many people actually used it, 3 people kept their hands up.

Also, what Mankz said.

16. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

17. LJF

LJF Modded

I just looked at your page and it was staggeringly uninteresting. Even if I knew you for real, I still don't think I'd be interested.

I still don't get twitter.

18. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

My life is the epitome of boring at the moment, I also haven't been around the internets to find interesting things to discuss much recently so it's no wonder it's uninteresting as hell.

I use Facebook more often to be honest anyway, more of the people I give a damn about are on there.

Twitter is good for following people/groups you like and getting up to date news about some things, not so much for following randomers.

19. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I would rather have my finger nails pulled out than use twitter lol

20. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

If it were something with redeeming merit I'd appreciate the "keep it relevant" sentiment, but since it's Twitter I'm actually very pleased that the hateful comments keep coming back again and again. I think it's right and justified. Sometimes it's not flaming or derailing - it's just sound reason, the rational response to a profoundly irrational fad, like bell bottom trousers and the shellsuit.

That said, I did join it purely to get Charlie Brooker's updates, because he's the kind of guy whose daily musings are selective and witty enough to be worth seeing. But I didn't bother to add any normal people, because it seems indulgent. Here, this guy said it best first:

Disclaimer: before we get too riled up, I should point out that being proud of not using Twitter makes you a total douche as well - myself included. Whichever side you take in this, we're all douches in here for even having an opinion on something as inconsequential and irrelevant as Twitter.