1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Re-Open Demotivational Petition

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 28 Jul 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

i miss the thread :(

2. sjamppo

sjamppo Minimodder

Me to. I remember some (recent) post off someone who took about half a year to read the complete thread, then make a short abstract of it, and then earning alot of rep for his first post.
    I've been reading the Demot for a month now, as I am not unemployed. I started lurking in all the other places of the bit-tech site, and finally registered to put on some little demots.

I think it's just a shame it came to an end, but as administrator of a completely different forum, I know things can get out of hand. I vote to keep it closed, as something else will come around. It's not that the thread itself gives us the power to communicate. It was (in a way) a sort-o pub where regulars visit, and thus ' newfags ' are closely observed. I liked lurking there, but now I do not even want to browse (I haven't finished reading all the pages) since I know there won't be something new, witty or funny from the present. The BP - photoshop thing: It was for the Demot thread that I even heard of it. (no, not the chocolat pelicans).

Anyways: I will miss that Nina Dobrev avatar.. :) :)

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

You can see the Nina Dobrev avatar whenever you want, just ask to Knuck (Ghys) ^^

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I didn't go anywhere :thumb:

5. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

im not so sure about the no fresh material. most of my posts did not include reposts. ive got about 1700 pics on my PB account that i used in that thread. ive got a couple reposts in my account... probly 1600 pics that are not the same.

but i agree with Mankz (OH DEAR I'M AGREEING WITH A GINGER!!!) lets let everyone cool off for a few days/weeks, then re-evaluate it.

I would sooner have us start a new thread instead of reopening it tho.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

wtf it's gone? :O

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This is not a valid and unrestricted maxim and always has to be subordinate to other rules wherever it's applied. The thread became a hive of abuse and ill-will, and the mods don't want that on bit-tech (not least because it's the digital end of a real business with obligations to its sponsors and affiliates).

Again, bit-tech is not a democracy or a flagship for freedom of speech principles; the mods were sick of what the demot thread entailed for them, and what they say goes.

And to preempt accusations of brown-nosing, I still think the mods are all douchebags :thumb:

edit - no really, I'm not being cute, I do think that. Except Krikkit, but he's not a real mod and we all know it.

smashie likes this.
  8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I think the mod's should ban the person who created the Demotivational Thread, as it's their fault we are now in this position. :D

9. Pieface

Pieface Modder

What if we sacrifice other members to re-open it? We'll trade you talladega and mankz to re-open it.

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Hell, they can get rid of Mankz even if they don't re-open it :D

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Oi.

tyrandan and talladega like this.
  12. Canon

Canon Reformed

I wasn't around to see much of it, and I didn't post in it, but i'll jump on any bandwagon that'll have me.

13. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i think we are not liked....

tyrandan likes this.
  14. tyrandan

tyrandan Pink Lemonade.

You guys... The demote thread wasn't just about demotes, funny pictures, (half) naked old ladies and patrick but you know... there was a sense of community there. We all know Ghys (Or whatever his name is now), talladega, mankz, boiled_elephant, that insipid mankz derivative... We've all gotten on each other's nerves, made each other laugh, shared stories of how "I saw that on 4chan the other day", etc... We all have a common interest and it's made us more than just another /b/rotherhood. Bindi closed the forum but look: we're still here. Here we are reminiscing about the thread with over 9000 posts but we could take it one step further: Make a new one.

The thread was great and it will continue to stand as an archive to the greatness that is us, and we all want it re-opened, including me, but Bindi probably won't do it.

Until then, we need demotes. MOAR demotes. I think we should call a vote not on the re-opening of the old thread but the creation of a new one. A thread with rules that perfects the flaws of the old and introduces a clean slate. (No morre reposts, hrm?) A thread where we all agree to post what's FUNNY and maybe even DEMOTIVATING, and start to build a thread even moar epic than before. Maybe just for now or even maybe permanently.

And I vote yes.

15. Canon

Canon Reformed

All that aside, a thread is a thread, discussions are had in them, they get closed, new ones are made, rinse and repeat. :yawn:

tyrandan likes this.
  16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

that sounds like a good idea to me.

though preventing reposts will be a problem.

as i said earlier. i posted around 1600 pics in the demote thread. no way i expect everyone to remember them all and not repost any of them.

if people wouldnt get butthurt about reposts, then it wouldnt be a big deal.

tho i GUESSSSS that maybe i shouldnt have spammed that patrick/sparta meme...? :(

i wont do it again i promise...

tho if we have a new thread... it has to be posted ONCE for sure. :D

17. tyrandan

tyrandan Pink Lemonade.

ONCE.

18. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

but it has to me by ME...

:D

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

ironically this thread is turning, conversation wise, in a new demot thread