1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Sorry I can't agree. The 'plot' just made me cringe. There were some decent action scenes I admit but I was not caring enough to pay that much attention.

Gets a 4/10 from me.

Now, Robin Hood, Men in Tights!

That's 7/10 all over. Retro lols. Very stupid and lots of stuff I'd never noticed before in the script. They even said "see you in #2" which never happened hahaha. Also, it has a Patrick Stewart cameo in it who does an English accent then suddenly goes Scottish and a Maid Marrian nip-slip near the end! It was a kids movie!

Expendables - 5-6/10

Needs better one-liners to be a good action movie. These were terrible. Fighting was pretty good but that's ALL it is. It might as well just be called a UFC movie, but with guns. I also didn't realise how much Arnie sounds like he's had a lobotomy.

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Sounds awesome to me... :D

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Cant stand ufc personally. Why dont they all just come out the closet if they love to hold each other that much.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Just watched shooter

8/10

Solid movie, which is something I didn't expect at all.

What I expected even less is how hot Kate Mara is

holy crap

5. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

The Other Guys

9/10

Very, very funny. Plot gets in the way by the end but still hilarious. Wahlberg is especially awesome it. Would definitely go see it again right now.

6. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Angry hugging.

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

5-6/10

So glad i didn't watch this at the cinema, can't work out what all the fuss was about personally. And it's certainly not worth going back to the cinema to watch the extended 3d edition either.

Sam

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Lock, stock and two smoking barrels.

Twisty, turny and just the thing for my headache-ish afternoon.

9/10 Might be 8 if it wasn't for the timing :)

9. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

Yeah :rock:

But Claire :jawdrop: is so damn sexy .

Btw the movie sucks.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

We've got a pile of cash, a shitload of this stinking weed ...and a traffic warden.
    What are we doing with a traffic warden?

:hehe: Love that film.

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Probably. Wasn't paying attention, tbh :hehe:

12. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

What a wonderful thread this is!

Allow me to add my 0.002 cents:

Movie: Machete
    Rating: 7/10
    Reason: a very enjoyable bit of nonsense. Perfect for a background movie or watching with a few mates while discussing other stuff. Also: does exactly what it says on the tin: awesome mexican slaughters people with awesomesauce and a machete. You pretty much know what you will get with Robert Rodriguez :p

Movie: Salt
    rating: 5/10
    Reason: i had high hopes for this movie, and the beginning felt like a good build-up to a bourne-esque ending, and then after
    she saved the russian guy
    the whole movie just flatlined for me. It wasn't terrible, but there were no suprises, and the whole thing just was a big /care for me. It wasn't BAD though, just never really bothered to be any good.

Movie: The Expendables
    Rating: 1/10
    Reason: what a load of drizzle. It's clear that Stallone wrote and directed this, because the whole movie felt like listening to him talk. I can't really seem to think of a single moment in this movie where i was actually entertained.

The real reccomendation for you all:

Movie: Perfume: Story of a Murderer
    Rating: 10/10
    Reason: This is a movie about smell. That seems a bit absurd, but somehow, the movie uses the fact that you can hear and see a movie, but never smell it, to it's advantage. In much the same way that a book gives you the word "splendour" and you are free to imagine wonderful things, this movie wields sound and visuals and even plot to make your mind imagine beautiful smells.
    It's well-acted, well-narrated, has a fantastic soundtrack and some really tasty redheads (if i was a superhero, redheads would be my weakness :D).
    Whatever you do, do NOT watch a trailer before you decide to watch this. The trailers ruin it all. Just fegging watch it!
    EDIT: And despite what you might thin from the name, this is NOT a girly movie. It actually equires quite a bit of stomach to watch now and then ;)

Last edited: 26 Sep 2010
  13. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

Movie: Scott Pilgrim vs The World
    Rating: 8/10
    Reason: A very funny and enjoyable film with plenty of memorable moments. Not an all time classic, but definately one to watch if you want a good dose of comedy and some over the top action. Plus Ramona (played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead) made me fall in love because she is so cool.

14. Jimbob94

Jimbob94 What's a Dremel?

That was just an awesome film 9/10 again
    Loved the bit
    Where he was a pimp made me lol

15. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I watched the Hangover last night, and although ive been told by many people it was worth watching and very funny, I found myself seriously bored and couldnt muster anything more than a chuckle.

2/10

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Movie: Ghost machine
    Rating: 2/10

I like B films, I really like sci-fi/horror b films, I should have loved this but 30 mins in I was looking at the dvd timer seeing how long ive got left, really bad avoid.

17. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Movie: Dreamcatcher (2004)
    Rating: In my top 10.
    Description in one sentence: "Huge worms with teeth come out of people arses"

I've always liked this film. It's a Steven King so I will be buying the book if I can find it anywhere. It's £3 from Amazon at the moment. Well worth it in my opinion.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

damn you! come clean my lunch of my monitor!

19. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Wall Street 2

Fair acting from Mr. Beef, though I couldn't help laughing at some scenes.. There was a scene where a dead character is shown as a reflection in a mirror, that was awful. Story was engaging until the end, when the entire plot was saved by something ridiculous and the characters really shouldn't have accepted it. Haven't seen the original.

(Everyone looked tired and worn out, which works for the main guys, but the main girl looked like she just finished crying before every scene, it was a bit much.)

Would've been 7/10 if it had a sad ending, 5/10 as is.

Anyone else looking forward to the Facebook movie?

20. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Watched Resident Evil 4 the week before last. I enjoyed it but I think that's only because I'm a big fan of Resi, the plot was a bit weak though the action was solid.
    Saw The Other Guys last week; I loved it. The tuna and lion piece of dialogue is priceless, those who have seen it will know what I mean!
    Also saw The Town yesterday; seems relatively unknown but it was No. 1 in the US chart last week and I can see why, very good film.