1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Harry Potter The half blood prince
    Rating: 5/10
    This being the first "potter" movie that I didn't read the book to first, I noticed that this makes illogical jumps, and the story is really just "move it along now...". No more sub-stories that make the movie more fun, no more little details that make me go "ooooh", nothing.
    They shoulda called it "Harry Potter - everyone wants some ginger action" or something instead.

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Inception 9/10. Maybe 10, close call. Different, superb.

Kick-Ass. Gave it 8/10, maybe worth 7, but just sod it, it was amusing.

Also finally watched Avatar. 6/10. I've always suspected it's not the movie, it's the first 3D movie experience people have voted at IMDB (8.3/10)

Last edited: 30 Jul 2010
  3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The Sorcerer's Apprentice
    rating: 5/10
    Why? Let's see: mediocre at best acting from all sides. Magic bit underplayed. Mr Miagi *cough* i mean Nick Cage is being like master Yoda ALL THE TIME, and I was half expecting them to start with the whole fantasia musical score somewhere along the line.
    It's kinda like "National Treasure 3 - with magic!!1!"

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Inception - 9/10

Stunning visuals, brilliant concepts and an interesting story. Would've been a 10 except for the deliberately unfinished ending, which really bugs me.

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

From Paris with Love - 8/10

Simple, fun action film. Predictable, but Travolta makes up for it. Great shootouts. Harkens back to the good ol' days of action films.

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Precious - 7/10

Great acting from everyone, nice story.. It was just really weird to see Mo'Nique playing such a gross ugly character. Too depressing for me, but still a great movie.

7. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

Harry Brown 7/10

Describing it would be a spoiler, but it's a good Michael Caine flick.

8. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

oh thats tight, I watched it on blu ray and it was just epic.

-The Invention of Lying - Ricky Gervais. 6/10 quite a rubbish comedy, not that funny and I do like Ricky Gervais.

Funny 'Mogrels' clip where Nelson mentions The Invention of Lying as one of his top mistakes, lol.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2010
  9. gymman39

gymman39 What's a Dremel?

the rebound....3/10...my missus loved it though.!!!

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Mary and Max

9/10

I want to give it a worse score for so many reasons but it has left me feeling happy inside the whole evening. Normally I pause movies for this or that but I just had to keep watching this one. It's both slow and talky then jerks forward many years which feels like it should be irritating but it isnt. It's funny but not laugh out loud, easy watching but also emotional. Get a comfy chair and one to watch with the gf or before kip imo.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978762/

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Film: She's out of my leage
    Rating: ermm... 6.5/10
    Why: Standard rom-com, saved from boring as hell by the odd witty remark, and a girl that looks a bit like a younger Ali Larter.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Batman - Under The Red Hood

9/10

Excellent animation film. Just as good as Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker that came out a decade ago. The story is great and the cast is awesome (both virtually [ie characters] and the voices actors). John DiMaggio was surprisingly good as Joker (Mark Hamill didn't voice him this time). He managed to be funny in all of his scenes, which is what Joker should be.

I wish the animation was as smooth as japanese animation however... but that annoyed me for just a few seconds when the film started. It wasn't too long before I really got into it, thanks to the very powerful first scene.

This is not a kids movie. You guys would love it

14. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Film: Big
    Rating: 9/10
    Why: It's a total classic Tom Hanks film, just showed it to the kids and the giggles in all the right places. Also the woman who plays Susan (Elizabeth Perkins) was probably one of the first women I fancied.

15. Krikkit

Push - 8/10

Pretty good film this. I was fooled into thinking it looked awful by a naff trailer in the cinema (it looked like another "Jumper") and avoided it, how wrong I was! Very enjoyable plot, with lots of interesting suspense and a genuinely interesting concept behind it. Highly recommended. It might not change your world, but it certainly isn't mundane.

16. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Grown Ups - 6/10
    Adam Sandler goes trying to continue his more serious roles after the wonderful Funny People.

Old friends meet up for a funeral, end up staying in a big house by a lake, hilarity ensues. A lot of the old crappy jokes you can expect from Sandler movies. With that said, it does offer some quite funny moments, if you're in the mood for a film you don't have to think about then it's worth a watch, just don't expect much other than a few cheap giggles.

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah - Push was good. Not groundbreaking, but solid.

The Wolfman (remake with Del Torro and Hopkins)- 8/10
    Good remake of the original, though with an altered ending. I enjoyed Benicio del Torro and Anthony Hopkins in combination. Also, Hugo Weaving as the Sherriff ordering a "Pint of bitter, please" in the "Mr. Andreson" tone was legendary... :)

18. Krikkit

:hehe: I'd forgotten about that bit. Pretty good film though, as you say. I quite enjoyed it, I'd probably give it 7/10.

19. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

Film: Inception
    Rating: 7/10
    Why: I felt there ther were some parts of the film that did'nt quite add up and the sequences of events were too disjointed. The story was good as were the cast but I think the scripting could have been done better. I know this sounds like a lot of maons but don't get me wrong the film was very good. I think it just could have been better......

mvagusta likes this.
  20. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Splice
    7/10
    Fairly decent scifi creature feature that goes UTTERLY MENTAL in the last 10 or so minutes. Worth watching!