1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2010 Thread - Post season washup

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 22 Dec 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Nice to see kobayashi back to roughly where he was last season, i think hes grown alot as a driver but still got that 'willing to have a go' mentality regardless of who's in front of him. Hopefully next season the sauber will be a bit more competitive, id love to see him fighting for podiums.

Bad luck for kubica and lewis would have been nice to see how the race would have played out if theyd both not had issues, Rosbergs incident was a little weird, did he get a know earlier on in the race or something?.

Overall one of the best races to watch of the season, mainly down to kobayashi but there was interest all the way through the field i thought.

Oh and nice to see lotus could be on their way to a big boost in finances, id like to see them fighting for top 10 finishes next season.

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Best race of the year so far, I reckon.

First lap shenanigans, Kubica's weird tire thingy, Kobayashi's BANZAI! moves - Suzuka never disappoints.

I would have preferred to see Webber take the top step but we all knew that was never going to happen, so I'm just glad it turned out the way it did. And even though I'm not Hamilton's biggest fan, I felt terrible for him. The man has had lousy luck lately. At least he's not bitching and moaning about it like a certain Spaniard.

3. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

That was a superb race, so much went on and Kobayashi's drive was supreme. Pity it all seems to have slipped away from McLaren now but there is still faint hope provided we actually do get 3 more races, guess we will know after Monday's inspection.

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

Really enjoyed that, Kobayashi is one crazy *****. Vettel is on fire.

5. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Koba driver of the day. What a legend.

6. TheTourist

TheTourist Minimodder

Agreed, Kobayashi was definitely the stand out driver of the day, those overtakes were a joy to watch!

7. 13en

13en Minimodder

Kobayashi was immense. Best moment of the race - overtaking Heidfeld at the hairpin, with the 5live commentary "He shouted Leeroy Jenkins and off he goes" :hehe: Good to have a minute or so of decent commentary, too. If they kicked out Legard, would they be able to squeeze Crofty and Ant Davidson into the commentary box with Martin Brundle?

8. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

This is what me and the misses discussed this morning. We agreed, and added get rid of The Peg and keep Lea McKenzie as lead presenter.

9. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I like Jake Humphries as lead presenter. I'm really enjoying his segments in India with Chandhok at the moment.

10. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

The thing is, compared to Jake, Lea comes across as more professional, and more knowledgeable. Jakes being groomed to become the next Des Lynham, he's an all rounder, who's interest in F1 started at the beginning of last season. He's corporate image, over knowledge and passion, Chandok would be better.

11. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Leah comes across as slightly I don't know what to say next, and DC and EJ don't look that comfortable around her. And I want to see Chandhok in a car, not as a presenter next season. God knows why Sakon is still driving.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I was SO very much hoping for webber and Alonso to have a scrap at each other (preferably with a proper Webber-style defense that ends up witha Bull in the side of a Ferrari for a change). Realistically, that wasn't going to happen though. The spanish Crybaby is a bit too smart for that.

Drive of the weekend was dfinitely Kobayashi. Killer drive, inspite of the bit of luck he had when he scrapped with Alguesuari (who almost seemed to have learned his defense from Mark Webber)

Kubica DNF'ing was a crying shame, but even worse for me was Lewis losing 3rd gear in the middle of a supreme charge at Alonso (that gap went from ~5 seconds to 2 in 3-4 laps). Then suddenly, laptime is 4 seconds up, and there comes the delayed pitwall radio.
    Dreadful. Especially since he still changed gearbox, just to be sure, and took the 5 spot penalty... SO unlucky.

13. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Yep - barring an extreme act of Ber... Sorry God, the title race has just slipped away from Lewis and Jense. It'll be a head to head between Webber and Vettel now, with Mr Eyebrows picking up third.

All the Mclaren boys can do now is to get as many points between them and try and keep 2nd place in the constructors championship, IMHO.

Oh, and my money's on the Aussie now.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I hate red bull so much (thank you, Mark Webber for being the overtake-*sshole of the year, thanks Seb Vettel for making bad moves and overcooking at the expense of others, thank you Christian Horner for your big nose) this season, that I want Alonso to win, should the next race not be a double McLaren podium.
    And IMHO, Alonso should DIAF

15. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Unless the McLaren is clearly the quickest car in Korea (possible but unlikely) I can't see either of our boys walking away with the title this year now, shame. Of the others I'd much rather see Webber win, and not just because I bet on him to win the title in February @ 16/1 :p

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If someone has to win it should be Webber imo, I don't think Vettel deserves the title and Alonso winning just isn't on.

Best of a bad bunch though, unfortunately McLaren haven't got the car to start challenging for wins so it seems like a lost cause.

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah. It doesn't seem like a good time for McLaren.
    I do however think that McLaren has a good shot at Korea.
    Simple reason being that none of the drivers have driven on the track before, and therefore it's likely to be a question of talent.
    Talent is something that a few drivers seem to have more of than others
    Specifically Vettel, Kobayashi, Lewis and some others (maybe Alonso as well)

I expect (and hope for) Lewis to do well there. Of the three mentioned above, I'd say Fernando is the biggest threat to Lewis, and he's shown on several occasions that He's no match for the younger Lewis.
    vettel has talent, but lacks a bit of experience. He IS in the fastest car though. IMHO Vettel is the most likely to DNF (of the "big 5") on Korea by trying something stupid.

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

In other news, Pinocchio is speculating that Button might have been a sacrificial lamb in order for Lewis to mount an attack on Fernando, and stayed out long as a result.
    Whitmarsh just says "... it is not how we play our game. Maybe others would but that is not how we go motor racing." :D

SOURCE

Also: what's with Seb Vettel changing helmets frequently?
    Germany:
    [​IMG]

Singapore:
    [​IMG]

Japan
    [​IMG]

I am sure there were more, just cba to find pics now.

Last edited: 11 Oct 2010
  19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Maybe he doesn't have an attachment to his gear like the other drivers? I think that's kind of cool , tbh.

20. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

IMO it just shows he's a bit immature. Constantly debuting new helmets for the attention... Also @stonesurd the helmet should be their signature not something that is changed often...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.