1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Don't be so quick to jump on the 5.0L bandwagon. Personally I am going to do one thing to my 07, and that is get a forged bottom end put in. The price for a forged stroker 5.0L is less than 4k usd, and the ford racing 4.6L forged is less than 3500 if you know where to shop. Just transfer the rest of the stuff over and you have a bullet proof engine. Top that off with a 62mm single turbocharger and larger injectors and fuel pump. Your looking at over 600hp crank. All for less than 10k usd. It will still run like factory and keep the weight down. The 05-09 gt's with manual weight in at a around 3400lb, the new one gained a few hundred pounds due to sound deadening and all the electronics put in.

The only thing the 05-09 needs is some subframe connectors and set of brembos. I put the brembos in and the subframe connectors are coming in next. The 05-09 body is a classic and it weighs less comparitively speaking. The 3v engine is a great engine to begin with, some choice mods it will outrev the 5.0L and make the same hp in n/a format.

FYI, the best mods this car by far are the koni shocks, a set of rear control arms & a watts link. Oh and don't forget 275 tires all around. The tires alone made the car feel completely different. The chassis is excellent on the s197, the solid rear surprises allot of people as well.

Love the stripes Pook, and honestly I wish I had the silver one. The black is a pain to keep clean. Around 40k on mine and it still has the new car smell. :D

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

+>9000. I don't understand it, the car doesn't need the ladies for me to appreciate it. Especially not those ladies...

3. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

lmao

4. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I just got a quote for one of those..

£4,973.86...

Erm, I think my student loan should cover that, who needs to pay rent eh?

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I won't tell you what I pay then. You might hurt me.

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I'm going to say round the £500 mark then?

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

(sheepish) .... *lower*... :blush:

8. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Only good bit about being old. :thumb:

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

You arse... You're only 9 years older than me as well.. Actually, I suppose 9 years NCB will help a fair amount.. Oh well.

10. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

This is going to take some work…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

:jawdrop:

And:

:jawdrop:

That looks awesome man! Do want!

12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Are those photos taken by the photographers from Fast Car? They're terrible for professional images if they were. I don't reckon much to the women they supplied either. The blonde one looks like a tranny.

Like Nexxo, I don't get the women draped on car shots.

Nice Focus however :thumb:

I know. I've considered all options... and still am. If I sold mine for 19K, which I could considering it's mileage, and condition as a dry weather car only, I would still need to spend another 15K, as the exchange rate these days makes buying a new one so much more expensive. The same exchange rates are keeping used prices high here.

That £15k could do wonders to mine.

It's something more than that though. I just seem to want one. Can't explain it. I'm no no rush to decide yet.

Mine's got 12k on it now, and it's 4 years old.... and yes, it also still smells new :)

13. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I don't know maybe im biast, but I like the 07-09 models much more than the newer ones, inside and out. The new one is nice on the inside, very nice actually. But I prefer the look of the interior of the older one, it looks a bit tougher if I can say that about an interior. Best I can describe it as a car that has allot of testosterone. The newer one has some estrogen injected.

In any case, 15k you could have evey bell and whisle installed and truly have something that very few cars on the road could keep up with on and off the track. the brenspeed b302 shortblock would turn into roughly 2-2.5k shipped to you FYI, so the rest of the cost would be install. Its rated for 900hp and is one of the smoothest strokers on the market meaning there will not be any piston slap on cold startup, just oem feeling with a whole lot of power. The componets in the stroker speak for themselves, cp forged pistons, mahnley rods and a kellog crank, balanced as well. They run those @ 7500rpm all day..... Add in a set of ford racing heads that are cnc ported with their hotrod cams & intake mani for 3k usd. Basicaly a whole new engine for probably around 4-5k in british pounds installed. That could be a good combo plus your choice of FI and you have an engine that is brand new and puts out well over 500whp with enough tourque to warrant launching carefully because you could stop the planet from rotating....:D

14. Little_chef

Little_chef Now with added custom rig!

[​IMG]

My little '02 Fiesta. Nothing fancy, but the little thing does everything I could ask of a first car.

15. Stickeh

I concur with these statements, what a beautiful car nihilist! Any plans?

16. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Changed my Golf for something far less fun :(

17. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Old Scooby.....

[​IMG]

JDM Spec WRX 310bhp
    Now at the big Scooby Factory in the sky... turbo exploded taking lots of the engine with it :waah:

New Scooby..... (well, new to me since 2008)

[​IMG]

MY2005 WRX
    17x7.5J STi alloys
    Hayward & Scott custom pipework - 3" from turbo back/5" jap straight through backbox
    Cosworth panel filter with intake pipework mod
    Quick steer rack
    Remap and dyno @ 290bhp

Not as powerful and the old car, but delivery is much better and torquier at lower revs.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

My new car

[​IMG]

yes, the front bumper is a bit skew-wiff, not sure why, :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put the mudflaps on the other day to try and stop crap getting up into the rear valance.

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I'm getting rather jealous of all this Mini-love. :D

Next news Stick3h will be marching up in here with his newly-spanked Midas with its 1275+ engine.

20. Stickeh

Hey...its almost operational, and when it is you better expect a video.

For now though i'll just leave this photo of the new exhaust system;
    [​IMG]