1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Buy From Scan or Overclockers UK? HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rainbowfication, 4 Jul 2011.

1. jeff1155

jeff1155 What's a Dremel?

I've never ordered from Scan, but only at Overclockers have I ever paid by paypal but had to have it delivered to the paypal address rather than where I wanted it delivered; maybe it's like that everywhere, but fleaBay seem to cope, and I've never known anyone else require it.

OC UK also use DPD - I paid £9 for delivery - and although they never told me about it, it transpires that their after 9 am 1 hour delivery slots are very accurate, which is well worth it if you're not 5 mins late!:eyebrow: telling me about it BEFORE I missed the first delivery would've been even better...

However, OC UK had a cracking price on the Sapphire 5850 Extreme, which I continue to be happy about :hehe:

2. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Only used scan once for a GPU and cooler. Service wasn't anything special so only reason was price and availability. Personally I prefer ebuyer. I've ordered from them at midnight and received the item (Dell 22" Monitor) next day. Ordered a Laptop last week at 8pm and got it next day too. Absolutely phenomenal service (RMA'd a crappy HP laptop for free even provided a courier to collect). For both Scan and ebuyer I have to pay higher delivery anyway since I'm from NI so free delivery doesn't apply to me same with OCUK.

Ordered from OCUK twice, first time everything arrived within 3-5days of order rather than all at once. The second time I waited 2 weeks only to be told after chasing them up that they where out of stock even tho their site said 10+. I find the people on their forms very arrogant and would rather bicker rather than actually help. I know that comment is just bitchy really but they're best avoided from my experience.

1. Ebuyer
    2. Scan
    3. CCL
    4. Amazon <= had some really good prices about 6months ago. Someone said it was due to selling from manufacturers rather than stocking it themselves.
    5. Everyone else
    6. OCUK

3. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

+1 for Scan

4. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

+1 Scan for me everyday of the week..

Spent a lot there and nothing but top service.
    Free delivery for £20 order is outstanding & notifications on delivery as well.

I've used Overclockers several times though when Scan have no stock & or what i wanted.
    Been very happy with service.

5. mark1903

mark1903 Minimodder

Another +1 for Scan from me.

I have ordered from Scan and Ebuyer over the years and have found Scan to be the best. I have not gone near OCUK mainly because i don't like the website (I know, not a very good reason but it is how i judge a website). Site navigation for Scan is excellent, Ebuyer not so much and from what i have seen of OCUK it just looks bad to me.

Last edited: 5 Jul 2011
  6. Sagman76

Sagman76 What's a Dremel?

Scan hands down

7. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

I wanted to get that Dark Rock Pro from Scan too, looks like it has been out of stock for ages. I didn't bother going elsewhere, bought a Thermalright MUX-120 from Scan instead. Reading this thread makes me realise just how loyal I am to Scan, I would change my spec rather than go elsewhere, hope it works out for me this time...

8. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

+1 for scan, always good service

9. Randomeclipse

Randomeclipse Minimodder

I believe Aria offer a similar free shipping idea too, but you need to frequent their forums and accrue 5-0 posts iirc.

10. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

Is the MSI cooler worth getting? The stock vapour cooler is excellent. i never hear my cards fan no matter what stress i put it under.
    Not monitored temps on it but there has been zero problems to make me investigate.
    seems to me the MSI cooler needs to be pretty damn good to top the silence of the stock cooling.

11. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Scan all day, week, month, year, decade, century, millenium, milennia, era.

12. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

If Overcockers was the only PC components company left I would give up building computers

13. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

You sir have won the Internets.

14. dramatik

dramatik Minimodder

LOL. Used scan for my first ever build and must say the delivery was awesome. Ordered from scan twice more when building some pcs for a friend. Scan is king :).

15. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I use Novatech mainly these days, Given their just down the road, it makes it a hell of a lot easier for anything. Scan is good, but for me, Novatech is easier.

Sam

16. Randomeclipse

Randomeclipse Minimodder

I've just ordered from Aria, I'll let you know how I get on.

17. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I've bought from them a few time's never had a bad experience although they could improve their after sale's

18. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

I don't mean to sound silly, but why does everyone think Overclockers is bad?

I've not used any of the 3 sites people say to use (Scan, Aria and Overclockers) yet, since I'm only just about to build my first PC from buying parts on the internet.

I don't want to use a bad company for my purchases, so I'd just like to know why pople like/dislike each.

19. shadow_boxer

shadow_boxer Minimodder

Ordered several times from scan and many times from ocuk. Both had free delivery with dpd and were on time when expected. Read plenty of poor reviews about scans return policy and rma service.

20. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

What? Where?

I had an issue and they were extremely helpful, new exactly what they were talking about, etc etc.
    As part of the problem solving they said send us back the component and we will test it. They tested it found it wasn't faulty and sent it back. All this at no charge...

Really poor service... /sarcasm