1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

No! I mean I fall asleep during driving.

Mind you the AI is so bad it's easy, but without a wheel it makes things quite boring most of the time.

2. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i kinda liked the gt5 driving model but its ai made my blood boil, racing was more about what car you has as opposed to the AI having skill.

if they fix it i might come back but as it stands i dunno

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

All you have to do is choose a car in a similar points range and you can have a challenging race in GT, if you go in with something mental you will of course dominate, its upto you to really.

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I can't believe how little I've played GT5, completed the main races, and one of the endurance, and that's been it.

I used to live on GT4, I'd spend entire days on it, same with GT3.
    Not sure if its me that's changed or the game just isn't as good, I suspect a bit of both.

Be interesting to see what comes with the 2.0 update. Hopefully the DLC should add a few more premium cars.

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The fact that I lost my old PSN account means I've stopped playing GT5. Mind you I had pretty much everything minus a few endurances and the FGT B-spec.

The driving model is fantastic though. But as gunsmith said, the AI is pathetic (even in even specced cars).

7. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I guess with Forza 4 out in a couple of weeks it is no surprise that GT5 is getting another lick of paint. I enjoyed my time on GT5, but it did get a little boring after a while and I could not get into the online racing as much as I did with Forza 3.

I hope they have a few more tracks in the update or the DLC as that may give it another lease of life for me. I don't think I will ever finish the last two endurance races though!

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Only 11 months after release and 2.0 is imminent, with all the DLC and updates they promised and enticed us with a year ago. :rolleyes:

I'm the same - I haven't picked it up in ages. I might do tonight for a little while, have a run round again. The driving model is magnificent, but even the AI aside the races set up are quite boring. I have been doing quite a few of the weekly challenges though, which spice things up nicely.

9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

The career is a complete let down, the seasonals are alot more fun, more competitive more of a challenge.

10. Gabkicks

Gabkicks What's a Dremel?

:clap::clap:

https://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi

And · ·, looks like this. One week after the DLC track pack is a free update pack and race cars, racing gear is being prepared and packed. It also will be announced at the next opportunity. I'm sorry consecutive pitching. -ksz twitter

1. Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
    2. User control of the weather change feature.
    3. Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings.
    4. Spec 2.0 opening movie.
    5. Improved UI usability and response.
    6. Replay rewind and fast forward.
    7. Ability to save during a race
    8. Online Lounge Expansion (Ability to narrow down car types via search, shuffle races).
    9. Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.).
    10. Expanded Photo travel features. You can now take photo’s of cars together with your avatar.
    11. Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel
    12. Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars.
    13. Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport.
    14. Improved physics and AI.
    15. Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel.

11. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Some nice additions but i was expecting alittle more its really doesnt amount to 2.0 in my view, its alittle bigger than some of the other updates but not much

The UI really needed some work, so sluggish

I would have much preffered to be able to change wheels or aero kits on standard cars rather than interiors, but i guess most people might preffer the interiors

Adjustable front downforce is something that would be useful too

Last edited: 5 Oct 2011
  12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

No. 7 looks good - I might actually do those last two endurance races now! Did you say a track pack has been released?

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

So track pack and race car/race wear pack is paid? The only way I'll get my hand out of my pocket is 1) Spa Francorchamps 2) Aston DB9 Zagato Racers.

14. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Not until a week after the update.

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Roger, roger!

Looks like I will be playing wheel stand hokey-cokey what with Forza out next week as well!

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

yeah, not quite what I was expecting.

I was expecting a load of new Premium cars. Suppose the interior view on standard cars is nice, depending on how 'simplified' it is.

G25/27 support? I've been playing with my G25 since day one, what was wrong there?

Doesn't look like much really, and to be honest, if it was my game, alot of it would have been in the initial release.
    And why do we need ANOTHER Nissan? :D

17. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

:clap:

just saw this on the gtplanet facebook page.

open cockpit cars have a low res cockpit(probably just from the car model) and closed roof cars have just a black out line

[​IMG]

18. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

This has just been pointed out to me

[​IMG]

The GTR was never a race mod before(unless that is a acadamey car), or the RX7 (could be the light blue race car) and the R33 GTR at the back isnt race mod and the picture isnt credited to anyone as it usually would be. Maybe there are more race mods on the way

Last edited: 6 Oct 2011
  19. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

20. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

That X2010 is insane! 287mph on the Le Mans track without the chicanes.

Previous best TG Test Track time: 0.56.12 with that F1 type car (name escapes me)

New best time: 0.45.62, first run, with a controller. Let me hook my wheel up to it and I reckon I can shave a few more seconds. Was with Racing Hards as well. The car is an absolute beast!