1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. ZiiP MicJules

ZiiP MicJules What's a Dremel?

Mr happy was having problem with his stats on Battlelog, while we wait for them to update the stats, use the www.BF3Stats.Com as this is more informative and gives you progress reports on all weapons, vehicles, ribbons and medals.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the CPC server is 1 player start. so if you want to learn the maps/vehicles, just jump on and walk about freely.

3. ZiiP MicJules

Are you not worried about stat padding?

4. wyx087

not much we can do, it's their problem anyway isn't it?

besides, how can they stat peddle if there's only 1 person? cap points and wait for ticket to bleed? their SPM will go down the drain.

so i guess not. it's more about letting people on and able to mess about while they wait. the 4p start was ridiculous. just wish they'd have Blops' wager round pre-match system.

5. ZiiP MicJules

Fair enough, I have let the ZiiPsters know so that they can get yours going and also practice flying etc. Hope you don't mind.

I can't believe they have not enabled the "Free Roam" so you can moveabout, kill your friends etc. without scoring!

6. wyx087

+1! preround free roam would be great. :clap:

if your mates doesn't mind getting bad suicide scores, sure. it defaults to Kharg Island where (apart from IFV) most types of vehicle are available.

jet is the biggest part of Battlefield experience. if it were me, i'd have none of those Metro/Bazaar/Peak maps, all vehicular warfare maps. so get as much practice as possible, otherwise you are missing out on a HUGE part of battlefield experience.

(jet is my first and only service vehicle start at the moment, about 2 rounds after engineer service star. that's how much i play the jet!)

7. Odini

Odini What's a Dremel?

I understand that the one player start has been re-enabled until this can be coded/sorted out

Last edited: 7 Dec 2011
  8. ZiiP MicJules

Yep - Most were hoping this patch was to enable the free roam but they stated in the Battlelog that they are planning it.

I am sure the ZiiP Fly boys or would be fly boys are not worried about the K/D as they are learning to fly :)

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

10. Odini

Odini What's a Dremel?

As we're talking about flying, what do you guys use to fly?

For example, I fly using only the keyboard. Always have since BF1942. Can't ever seem to get used to another method (read: too lazy).

11. ZiiP MicJules

If you ever see me climb into a jet or helo... evacuate the area immediately... I am definitely not a flyer... I can just about hover in a helo by going straight up - everything else I land on their tail!

12. wyx087

tried a £5 joystick, didn't work so well, think i might have more luck with better joysticks that allow you to twist to do yaw.

currently using xbox360 controller and remapped controls to be like HAWX (which i played a lot).

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I will attest to Mic's inability with flying and generally dangerous nature of flying with him as pilot :D

Does make for some entertaining viewing!

As for flying, I can't stand the normal jets, but I will use the A-10 and Frogfoot any chance I get! They will chew anything up, hence my stupidly high SPM on jets on the ZiiP & CPC/Bit-Tech leaderboards. :D
    I only fly with Keyboard and Mouse.

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

What are the controls mapped too? I want to try using my xbox controller lol

15. ZiiP MicJules

*takes a bow* :jawdrop:

16. wyx087

lol, i was wondering about that.......

i considered myself to be a good pilot with reasonable SPM, when not crashing into those freakishly tall indestructible lamp posts.

my xbox360 mapping:
    -left stick: pitch and roll
    -triggers: accelerate/decelerate
    -bumper buttons: yaw left/right
    -A,B,X,Y: boost, 3rd person, Shoot, bail out.
    -Dpad, Up, Down, Left, Right: flares/extinguisher/ECM, reload, minigun, rockets/missiles
    -select: spot.

i am considering changing spot to Y, so it's easier to get to. haven't gone into options for a long time.....

17. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I thought that with the patch they had implemented 1 player starts but that you wouldn't receive any points until a minimum of 4 players had entered the server? It mentions that in the patch notes. Haven't tried it myself, anyone noticed?

18. ZiiP MicJules

Pretty sure you score right away

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Damn, why didn't i FRAPS today :D. We have been baseraped on spawn on bazaar, the enemy had their LAV25 exploded in the left sidetunnel exit from our spawn. I reached that point, spotted an enemy standing in the space blocked by the destroyed remains of the car. I threw in there a grenade there. ENEMY KILLED... then the second one, third one,... and fourth one. And the funny fact is - i got killed by a 5th guy who was there as well and resurrected all the killed guys :D. I got owned even when i did a multikill grenade throw :(.

20. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I'm the same! If I go on an empty server I can fly around quite well in a helicopter but soon as the bullets and missiles start flying I'm toast in about 30 seconds flat. I can't get a handle on jets at all, my turning circles so large I can never point at what I want to shoot at. I was having some pretty poor rounds last night were everything you do seems to get you killed then in the middle of it all I had one of those magic battlefield moments. A cross map RPG kill on a full speed Humvee. It can be a very frustrating game at times but it always delivers.