1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Thinking of a tattoo? Do you like them?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 15 Jan 2011.

1. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Okay then tell them that then "I want a tattoo that incorps a,b and c, but other than that... decide to go mental plox" and you'll be fine.

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

This. On my back i was surprised to have a smack round the back of the head from the tattooist as i was falling asleep over most it ...until he got to the point work right on the bone ridge of the scapula which reaches up to join the clavicle, **** the ****ing bed that hurt :wallbash:

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

My calf was fine... loads of zoning out.

Lower stomach - every frikken 5mm the pain changes face, so it became almost impossible to zone out. Especially towards the pelvis bones, this was the case.
    After just over 3 hours lying there, I got up and almost fell over... shaky as all hell, I was.

There is nothing quite like the deep relaxation that comes after, though. Endorphin Rush... ahhhhh. I can't possibly go out drinking after a tattoo session... I just wanna sit somewhere with a ncie view, stare at the world and go "holy *** I feel good"

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I hear that loud and clear. :clap: Went to the pub after and sat there with the same pint for about 2 hours.

My wifes attitude is to stock up on...errm...'alternative pain relief' before going in, then she doesn't give a crap :lol:

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I see why you're immune to the pain... you're married...

6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

My Tatt artist is normally the first one to offer various of those "methods".
    Since his shop is also the one metal music store int he country, there have beena few times where tattoos happen in the middle of the night with loads of people around, the music frikken BLASTING, and 18 year old chivas being drunk from the bottle. Mind -he stays sober until after he's done...

Personally, I see pain relief almost as cheating... the experience is as much part of it as the meaning, to me personally, but each to their own...

7. chng300

chng300 What's a Dremel?

Can't say that I'm a fan. I've yet to see one I personally like enough to justify getting a VDM for life.

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Back again :)

Got a pretty good idea now what i want in terms of items i want included not bunching it up and making it more of a single item but with lots of significant meaning within there

Just position top of arms (half sleeve) , ribs, start of back piece

Basically the only sensible places atm im only 19 probebly get it when im 20 no need to affect my work options, hopefully i won't have to worry about that one day and i can get what i want ( i want to work for myself :p)

Its more for myself than aesthetics (ofcourse i don't want it to look ****) but i like that it would be something nobody would know about me until i showed them.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

So I have recently learned that the guy who designed (not inked) my first tatt is now learning from the guy who inked and designed my second tatt.
    Given that "guy a" is a brilliant artist, and "guy b" is a great tattoist makes for an interesting future...
    also, being frinds with guy a, I have sspoken to him, and he said he'd do my ink for free if I offer practice skin.
    The work he's done on himself and a few friends so far is stunning....

10. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I like them on hot girls!

I personally wouldn't get one, to me it wouldn't signify much beyond something I have to cover up for work and something that will look pants when I am old.

But that is me, I try not to judge people for having tattoos, but it does affect what I think to some extent. As others have said, make sure you really want it and that it won't adversely effect your life, then go get it!

11. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I just like dragons. :geek:
    Got this done after the twins were born. The design was drawn by the missus, then retraced by the tattoo artist (he needed to shave away some of the details in the original drawing) and inked in one sitting. Cost me roughly the equivalent of £300.

[​IMG]

I'm quite unhappy about that pic though; it makes me seem both fat and hairy, as well as somewhat pink. I'm neither of those...well, I'm not fat at least, but the jury's out on the hairy and pink parts (Cue pink-parts joke in 3...2...).

Furthemore I have two more tattoos, but they're in spots that are quite inaccessible for photography in the office. :naughty:

12. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

i'm gonna get the different race tattoos from the legend of zelda... starting with goron and sheikah. it shall be epic and i will proudly show my nerdliness(i dont care if its not a word).

13. stouffer

stouffer What's a Dremel?

I think tattoos look great but I've never commit to getting one, my opinions are way too flaky to have something that's either permanent or expensive to re-do.

That said I can't stand the hipster-y ironic tattoos

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

You're going to have to translate that for me, as I have no idea what that would be...
    :grr:

15. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

I realise this might be a revive of the thread but just got my tattoo and thought some insight straight after would be helpful.

Did you want the tat?

I was uming and aring for the best part of a year but I have come to the conclusion you won't actually know till its about to be done.

Did it hurt?

Yes it did hurt, The outline felt like lots of little bee stings that disappear as soon as the lines drawn. Essentially it hurts then the artist stops to reload ink it dies away, continues like this till outlines finished. Shading was brill though it hardly hurt and was actually quite nice, it now (2hrs later) feels like mild sunburn.

Those where my main questions but I advise you take maybe an ipod or something to keep you occupied, and learn to relax your muscles (its hard to stop them twitching)

Ooo and a pic
    [​IMG]

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Thankss for the thread revival im actually back onto this recently still not close im still wanting something but just not sure what probebly wiill be a while before i decide

My back seems the place logically piece by piece make a big back piece something covering the whole back really nice maybe from a few artists over my time its going to be small to start with

Im also going back to my upper forearm band tattoo idea text or something kinda lame but i like the look and sound of it

17. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I am personally itching again as well..
    my latest idea: Lipstick marks on my neck...

19. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I saw some guy in Miami with this tattoo. It was very cool, but I don't think many people could pull it off...

20. logonui

logonui Minimodder

I'm currently getting my first tattoo designed by a friend. I know what I want but I'm useless when it comes to designing ANYTHING. I'm basically looking to get a dragon (english dragon rather than the oriental style that everyone seems to have) on my back with it's head coming round my shoulder. Once she comes back with the design, I'll post it up here.

Quite looking forward to seeing when she comes up with :D