1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Telling everyone at work it is my Birthday today.

Bad move.

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

My HP ZR2740w died minutes ago. Now i have to go through the whole RMA procedure :(.

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I felt the sudden urge to scalp a customer with there own dirty spoon today.... *****

Im home now all is good ;D

4. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

watching my beloved Liverpool FC in the state they are in now, lost 3-1 to Bolton, cant score, cant defend its like the 90's all over again :waah::waah::waah::grr::grr::grr::grr:

5. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Don't worry. I'm a Spurs supporter. I've been there. :hehe:

Realising preparing for a important event has left me behind on everything else. Everything.

6. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

What, you mean losing 5- 1 to City early in the season? :D

As for me, after having this bloody mole removed, the itching to show it's healing is so bloody itchy! :duh:

7. Blazza181

I assure you, that will be all forgotten by tomorrow evening...

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Right then, deep breath, venting time again.

Firstly, something that I'm sure a lot of us are experiencing at the moment, the long month that is January, by this I mean that December payday is normally an early one meaning a bit more of a stretch to reach January's. This now means that I am behind on the council tax payments, talking of which, who's bright f$*%ing idea was it to say 'so, if you don't pay up this amount in the next 7 days, you must pay EVERYTHING?' Surely if people miss a payment, it is because they can't afford it, if this is the case then how can they suddenly afford all the rest in one go?

Next up is health stuff. I'm diabetic, have been (diagnosed) for about 4 years now. It is pretty much down to my weight (plus family history thrown in for good measure) and so far I have been making some headway into losing weight and getting things slowly under control. About 3 months ago my GP put me onto some other pills to further lower my glucose levels (gliclazide), this has worked (I think) as I am no longer falling asleep after eating lunch but one of the side effects of them has been weight gain, 2 stones in 3 months putting me right back to square 1 as far as my weight goes, all the headway I had made over the past couple of years undone in 3 months.

I went for a diabetic review last Friday and not only had the lab not carried out the primary test required by diabetes testing but the results had come back that my liver enzymes were up again. The doc asked if I had been for a liver ultra sound, something that should have been in my records had the full set been transferred from my last GP and NOT JUST A PI$$ING SUMMARY (f*&$nuggets) so now I have been referred for maybe another one of those but more likely a biopsy will be done this time. Great.... stab me in the side and tear off a chunk of my liver, sounds like endless fun...

Been putting together a PC for my boss so he can have something that will run MS flight sim (it doesn't run on Win 7). Got a little desktop unit free from work (either I had it or it got skipped) and bought a XFX Geforce 9500GT off ebay to go in it (had to be PCIe, half height and not require an additional power connection). This was at the beginning of December, still waiting for it to arrive. Tried contacting the seller twice to no effect.... just upgraded it to Ebay customer support, let them handle the clowns.

My problematic disk in my back has decided to go pop again, probably due to the rapid weight change, so I am in considerable amounts of pain right now, dosing myself up on pills so I can actually get things done, that's another 8 pills a day on top of the 10 others that I take.

And to cap it all off, the very nice bonus I will be getting from work for being the sole inventor on a product we are getting a patent on (~£350) will now have to be spent on getting bills sorted. I was planning on spending it on a short break for our anniversary this year as it will be our first proper one (we got married on February 29th) but it looks like that will have to wait.

Ok, venting over for this session, I will save up some more crap for another time.

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Just found out one of my best friends younger sister has gone into hospital for emergency brain surgery.

10. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

Make sure you get her thyroid checked, her TSH must be below 2, if it is higher it can seriously affect fertility.

11. Blazza181

Man City 3 - Spurs 2.

:wallbash:

12. KidMod-Southpaw

Check the what makes your life awesome thread. :p

13. Blazza181

You check it.

14. KidMod-Southpaw

I did, so did you. :p

15. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Chain on the bike snapped while i was trying to cross a busy Roundabout, Touching cloth moment that was.

Sam

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

No Internet at home for the next three days. New fiber connection is going in on Thursday morning and the contract on the ADSL ran out today :( I'm posting this from the office that has been my home for the past 3 weeks.

Also, this office has been my home for the past 3 weeks :rolleyes:

17. KidMod-Southpaw

Damn, that sucks, but at least you can look forward to a nice quick fibre optic connection when you get it! :thumb:

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Yeah, a long overdue 50Mb/s business connection. I'm going to be splitting an even fifth of that off for the house. I've told the ISP that I want it un-capped, unlimited, traffic shaping free, without bandwidth management and fast all the time. If it's not exactly that for the first year, I walk and get something different. I'm sick and tired of putting up with being capped and traffic managed and monitored and charged £19/month for dog**** broadband that makes the simplest task take so much longer. "WSUS is downloading new updates". I'll come back tomorrow, then :rolleyes:

That's why I called o2 a couple of weeks ago and lodged a formal complaint, then told them to close the account. It didn't go down well.

o2 CS lady: "Can I just ask why you'd like to close the account, sir?"
    Me: "Can you look up a record of the support tickets and CS calls related to this account?"
    o2 CS lady: "Yes I can sir, it'll just take a moment to look that up"
    Me: "No problem, have a look"
    o2 CS lady: "Oh, I see. You've had... some technical difficulties in the past."
    Me: "Yes, some"
    o2 CS lady: "Would you like to speak to someone about these problems?"
    Me: "No, I've made my decision already, but out of interest, who's highest in the chain of command that you can put me in touch with to make a complaint?"
    o2 CS lady: "I can't give other staff details out directly, but if you send me a formal letter via email I can forward it to the broadband customer services manager"

And so I did. It was quite sharp, but not sharp enough to make her not want to send it on. That girl was more helpful in 15 minutes on the phone than all the staff that I've spoken to at o2 over the past 18-20 months.

19. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Hate to make your life worse, but MS Flight Sim (well, Flight Sim X at least) works fine on Windows 7. Or is it an older ver?

20. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Repairs to the house

For the next 3 days I've got 3 electricians re-wiring the entire house then with in the next 2 weeks I've apparently got to have an entire new gas central heating system (despite the fact that the gas isn't connected. I hate gas everything's electric). After that some time with in the next 8 weeks I have to have all the windows ripped out and replaced. I know its going to be helpful in the long run and cut down the heating bills etc but its bloody irritating none the less.