1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals What is your favorite mouse?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N17 dizzi, 13 Feb 2012.

1. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I hope you dumped her! ;)

Will do

:thumb:

2. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

1. Deathadder
    2. Corsair M60
    3. Logitech MX Revolution
    4. Roccat Kova+

Have extensively used all of these mice; they're all very good.

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

After using 20 different mice over the last five years I've ended up using the Mionix Naos 5000. It just fits my hand like a glove, the only thing that has come close to this comfort is the Qpad 5K/OM-75, which are very similarly shaped.

4. favst89

favst89 What's a Dremel?

Logitech Revolution. No question in my mind. The auto switching free scroll is great, not sure why they switched to a manual selection on there new alternatives. Also the shape and balance suite me perfectly. Not sure what I'll do if it dies. Whine at logitech, then try and cannibalize whats left of it and a MX performance to see what I can produce.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I agree.
    Plan B is this:
    Buy this: http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/keybo...s/devices/cordless-desktop-mx-5500-revolution
    Throw away the keyboard :)

6. favst89

favst89 What's a Dremel?

I keep looking at that and thinking the same thing... Can't quite bring myself to do that yet though as my current one is still working.
    Does make me wonder if logitech would provide a new mouse if mine broke. Though also if they sell the keyboard and mouse combo why can't you just by the mouse. :sigh:

7. GoodBytes

If your break, and still under warranty (unless Logitech is really nice and still covers you). You will get the Performance MX. I have it at my other computer. It's OK. It feels like "MX Revolution - Light edition", or "MX Revolution SE (Sucky Edition)".

Basically imagine your MX Revolution, where the:
    - Side wheel (I use mine to Zoom-in/out with Win7) is replaced by 2 buttons. (so you lose a button)
    - The center click (silver button) button is now the wheel switch system.
    - Pressing on the scroll wheel is now center click (yea, it was hard to get used to it).
    - Tilting the scroll wheel left and right, to scroll left and right, is now hard, because the scroll wheel is low in the mouse. So you feel like playing with a wheel that is only a few millimeters out.
    - The battery is replaced with a rechargeable AA battery (Sanyo Envelope). While they AT LEAST gives you a really good rechargeable battery, and the mosue can recharge it via a USB plug. The battery life is very short. From about 2 weeks with my MX Rev (used to be longer when the mouse was new), is now down to 3-4-5 days, based on usage.
    - Comfort is similar, but not as comfy as the MX Rev.

The rest, is the same.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Performance MX is one of the mice I've had over the years and while it also fit my hand just right, it's WAY too heavy for my liking. Before that one I had no idea a mouse could be too heavy for gaming.

9. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I like my Logitech VX Nano, has been going strong for a few years now.

Thinking about buying a MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, any opinions on it?

10. GoodBytes

Ah yes, I have the VX nano, and experience the newer replacement model. Both are great.
    I have the VX Nano for my laptop.

11. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I thought about replacing my VX Nano with the new MX Anywhere, but I read that non-gaming laser mice are terrible for gaming, and that they have issues tracking at high speeds and such. I know that neither are gaming mice, but I don't have any issues with the VX Nano's optical sensor as far as it jumping around the screen and stuff.

Have you tried gaming with it? I love the feel of my VX Nano, and I like the revised button layout on the MX Anywhere, and I can get a good discount on Logitech stuff through my job... Just worried about the gaming issues.

12. GoodBytes

I have gamed with the VX Nano, not with the MX Anywhere, and like all laptop mouse with descent battery life that I tried, it skips.

You can see the impact more as your screen resolution is higher (more mouse travel).

It's not because of the DPI (VX nano is 800dpi, the MX Anywhere is 1000 DPI, and my MX Revolution is 800DPI, and that one really doesn't have any problem), it's the power saving feature.

You want a desktop mouse if you want to really game on a laptop, especially gaming laptop as they usually have 1080p screen resolution.

13. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Deathadder......

Such a good mouse.

Crack all sensitivities right up and Im in heaven. :D

14. Splooshiba

Splooshiba Minimodder

Every LAN i go to this seems to be by FAR the most common mouse :D

15. TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon I have no idea what's going on

I'm surprised only one person here has mentioned this. I think there's a bit of a stigma attached to wireless gaming mice but the Sidewinder X8 is an absolute dream. A brilliant purchase, would definitely recommend it. I find it fits my hand perfectly and the thumb buttons are beautifully placed, something that I find sorely lacking on some other mice.

16. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I like it how the thumb buttons don't even line up, a real sign of quality. :eyebrow:

17. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

That's rather fallen off the cheap-end, I believe. I'm amazed my current mouse is still even working, let alone intact. It's survived bangs, crashes, being stood on more than once. Heck. It's been through hell. I'd like to see a Razer product survive the same.

18. DanSonley

DanSonley What's a Dremel?

i have a rat 7, is really nice love it although it is a "wee" bit on the expensive side.

19. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

The most resilient mouse I had survived having acetone spilt over it. I knocked a bottle over with a loose cap, and didn't realise until the smell permeated into the next room. The bottom of the mouse had melted in the acetone, but it still worked fine for a couple of years. Needless to say, that was at a time when I didn't have a couple of quid to rub together, so I didn't have the option to nip into town and buy one :)

I now store solvents and other chemicals well away from anything computer related, a similar spill now would put some much more valuable/expensive kit at risk :)

The worst mouse I had was a wireless mouse. It only worked if I kept active. Nip out for 10 minutes and I had to reboot to reset the mouse! It'll be a while before I waste money on wireless kit again, I had already lost the receipt on day 1 so couldn't take it back for a refund :( It did look good though :)

20. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I swap between my g9x and g700, I like the look of some of the razer stuff and would love to buy one, but none of them have a tilt wheel and that's,a game breaker for me :(

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk