1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics EVGA Step up. All sorted.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 28 Mar 2012.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

As some of you are aware, I'm in the process of a free step up from EVGA. 'Protect your investment' as they say. Everything was going well. Start the Step up Last week, and was in Queue 55/56. This soon dropped as a few peeps dropped out,. So before the weekend I was in 50/51. Come Saturday morning I was in Queue 0 on both cards. That was great news...I got a email stating 'STEP 2 of 4' they are verifying the invoice and price check, can take up to 2 working days. (Cool, this is going well).
    Today I get another email 'Step 3 of 4' Your final adjusted trade-in price is: €420,08. Subtract this from €499.90 for your Step-Up costs. This includes taxes but does not include shipping.

Trade-in price?? WTF? it is a free step up. Not trade-in...The only catch in the begin was you had to pay for shipping, which was fine.

Now they are doing this as a trade-in, so they price your 2 month old card at €420, when I paid £455 each.

EVGA, you are very misleading...FREE should mean FREE! Protect your investment!

[​IMG]

As you can see, they want me to pay €91.82 for each card...Urm no thanks, I'm not paying for a under powered GTX 680. Which is only 10% faster than my GTX 580's.

Last edited by a moderator: 30 Mar 2012
    Teelzebub likes this.
  2. rollo

rollo Modder

Why is it in euros and not pounds lol

Bad evga

Seems to me like they have devalued your cards, check there website see what they are priced at

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

€540 on there site, which is what I paid in €.

4. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Having owned an EVGA board I wasn't so impressed and am not really buying into this step-up thing. Too much small print and limitations to catch you out.

5. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

I agree, that is bad of them. I take it you'll just wait for the 4GB 680's?

6. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Wow, that sucks. I guess they have you believe you're future proofing your money just to get you on the small print.

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Is the original site for the step-up-program still up? I'd like to check what they actually promise.

8. mikeyman198

mikeyman198 Lets pretend this is hilarious.

I could've sworn they say that they pay back what you paid for the cards originally, aand put that towards the new ones...

Edit: Yup: http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

"With a valid part, once per purchase, you can upgrade your EVGA product by paying the difference between what you paid and the price on EVGA's website."

So what you paid for your cards, minus what the 680's cost on their website, you have to pay.

9. Deders

Deders Modder

^That's pretty much it^ you still have to pay the difference

I couldn't even access step up when I wanted to see what my options were, filled in all the details but wouldn't take me to the page.

10. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Is it just me or is that a dollar sign on that screenshot TG posted...?

11. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Oh well, look on the bright side. You said that you didn't want to replace the 580's anyway and the only reason you were doing it was due to the step up program. So this way you have an excuse to keep the cards that you are perfectly happy with.

12. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

Sucks man.
    As Jez said on Peep Show, no-one likes a deal welcher

13. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Must admit, you have two fooking awesome cards and you don't really want to go without an extra 1gb of gddr do you? I'm sure you'd be moaning about it soon enough; lamenting the day you subscribed to the step up programme.

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It is. Due to the way it says taxes are included but list "$0.00" under Tax it might be a field just in case someone from the US is using the eu.evga.com step up and needs a USD sales tax field.

15. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

I believe EVGA work out the cost you paid minus VAT and shipping. That accounts for the missing value. Never noticed that before in the t's and c's.

Quoted from EVGA site:

Simply put, the cost of EVGA Step-Up is the difference between what you paid for your original product and the new product as listed at the EVGA Store. To calculate what you paid, follow these simple steps:

Add line item price
    Do not include taxes
    Do not include shipping
    Subtract rebates from the line item price
    Subtract from MSRP as listed on EVGA.

Example

You have purchased a graphics card for $299.99, tax was $26.25 and $10.25 in shipping, you also took advantage of a $30.00 rebate from EVGA. The product you wish to Step-Up to is listed as MSRP of $399.99.

Add $299.99
    Ignore $26.25 tax and $10.25 shipping
    Subtract $30.00 for rebate to get $269.99
    Subtract $269.99 from $399.99
    $130 is the cost of this example, plus return shipping and applicable taxes

Return shipping (from EVGA back to you) is variable dependent upon your location, current rates and shipping speed you select.

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

The price is inclusive of tax. They do not minus the Tax off of the value of your product. They only tell you that the value of your product on your invoice is to exclude P&P.

So my card is worth £455. not £352.27 as they are putting it. They state they adjust the price to what your invoice states, and to what the card is worth on the site.

17. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Are you sure they haven't deducted 15% or whatever they say it is they take of because you've put the price of the card in pounds and not Euro's? As In Euro's it's worth 536 Euro's assuming it cost £450

Teelzebub likes this.
  18. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I was going to tell you 'it's not free btw', when I saw you say 'free' stepup as when I traded my 7950 GX2 in many years ago, for an 8800GTX, I paid around £130 or so.

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Goes to show that even though EVGA makle cracking GPU's they lie like any other company in the world. I wonder is EVGA part owned by Murdoch? :lol:

20. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I did put my cards in at 542.00 Euro's as that is what £455 is. They then come back with 420.08 Euros.

Another guy on EVGA has Classified Ultras as a Step up, and has been quoted the same 420.08 Euro's when he paid 570 Euros for it.

They are obviously taking figures off their own made up list, and 420.08 Euros is the top.