Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Some torch/flashlight geekery purchases this week :D

Surefire 6P with Malkoff M61 drop-in LED module:

[6P Host]
    [​IMG]

[M61 Module]
    [​IMG]

Surefire G2 with Malkoff M61HCRIL (high colour rendition low output) drop-in LED module:

[​IMG]

The M61 HCRI module looks just like the standard M61 module but has a high colour rendition LED instead of a cool or neutral white LED. It sacrifices higher output in order to produce a warm tint beam (3700K, 80 on the CRI scale) to mimic an incandescent bulb without all the inconvenience of it being easily broken and hard on batteries :)

And a box of Surefire CR123's to run them on.

These two are new work lights for my new toolboxes! :thumb:

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Is HCRI not High Colour Rendering Index? Looks like clever tech, definitely a needed step to transition from incandescent to LED lighting at home.

3. Unicorn

Ah, you're absolutely right, I misquoted it - fixed :) Yeah, it's extremely clever and very, very useful. This is only the second high CRI LED light that I've got, amongst a collection of.... well, many :p The other one is a HDS Systems/RA Lights High CRI "clicky" which is the indestructible flashlight of the enthusiast world, breaking all sorts of unofficial records for being torture tested at all four corners of the globe in various environments and never giving up. I think the Malkoff drop-in is actually higher on the CRI than my HDS though. It's a much newer emitter since the HDS is now well over a year old. Other than the beam pattern and the actual lumen output, I can barely tell the difference between the light from the HCRI module and the Surefire P60 Xenon bulb in my Surefire C2 - the only incandescent flashlight that I own. If and when I convert the halogen spots in our kitchen to LED ones, I'll be looking for some warm white modules to put in. I've worked in so many houses where the combination of white tiles and cool white (almost approaching "nichia blue") LED down lighters made the kitchen look like a doctors surgery from some sci-fi film :worried:

Last edited: 4 May 2012
  4. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

hey, i'll be using them for music (and games/movies). i considered buying the 7050B sub, but i thought i'd try 8030A's on their own first...

its been 3 years since the last time i had speakers so i'm quite excited :D

my LCD-2's will be lonely now :(

Last edited: 4 May 2012
  5. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Finally gots me a decent monitor! (Now if only I had a decent camera and GPU to go with it.

[​IMG]

6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

This little fellow.

[​IMG]

It's an HMT Pilot.

Not particularly fancy or well-made, but it's the only Indian-made mechanical watch, which makes it fairly unique. I also like the retro look.

7. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

A pair of 128GB Crucial M4's. :)
    [​IMG]
    also the new indieroyale pack.

8. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Welcome to the RAID 0 M4 Party!

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Enough bodywork materials/supplies to mostly finish the paint job for Knight's Rest. Now for good weather...

10. Unicorn

As soon as it got dark last night I took the new lights out for some testing. The HCRI light is immense, it's virtually indistinguishable from an incandescent xenon bulb when lighting up actual scenery as opposed to just "white wall hunting". The neutral white M61 (the brighter of the two) is insanely bright - it lights up our entire back garden with the huge spill and the hotspot is way brighter than my big 3D Maglite which is modded with a 2011 Malkoff Mag drop-in. Two awesome purchases, if I do say so myself :D

11. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

HP Photosmart 5510 on price promise from PC World

12. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Actually, I'm planning on putting one in each PC. I would inevitably get frustrated if my Uni box was much much more responsive than my home PC.:sigh:

13. DrDantastic

DrDantastic What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Just been told that the moulds for these have reached ACS safely. Finally got myself some IEMs :D

14. xMathiasD

xMathiasD What's a Dremel?

This! :D

[​IMG]

A Peugeot 306 from 1998 1.6 engine

Last edited: 7 May 2012
  15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

One of:

[​IMG]

Those. Not that one, but one just like it.

Focus ST170 in what I'd call "Gun metal" grey.

It's arriving on Wednesday, quite excited!

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

17. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

A Roccat Kone [+] to replace the old dying Roccat Kone
    [​IMG]

It turns out to be quite an improvement over the old one. Still bloody expensive though. (€80):eeek:

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Not bought just yet (Friday): new rear brakes for my car...

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Sorry to break it to you but you will hate it soon enough. Mine lasted just a few days before the wheel went bad. Just type "roccat kone+ wheel glitch" in google and you will see pretty much everyone is affected.

I refuse to pay 50$ of shipping to germany to RMa the damn thing so I basically wasted 90$ ...
    MEH

However, if it weren't for the wheel, it would be a great mouse. The shape is perfect for me and it looks awesome

20. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I wasn't. Mine has been fine since I've owned it and I tend to go pretty hard on the mouse wheel. I had 3 of the original Kones but had to RMA them all as the mouse wheel broke on all of them, even the later version which supposedly fixed it. I have had no issues with the Kone+ though and it feels a lot more sturdy than the original one did.

That said it's been sat in the drawer for a while as I haven't used it since I got my Zowie EC1.