1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

My OS is all messed up, I'm trying a system restore hopefully that works. But if not, I already have a W7 iso downloaded to install. This all suck because it's going to be finals week and I have 2 finals on Monday I should be studing for instead of installing Windows

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Waiting to see if I get approved for the Nuss procedure, or if they turn me away for being poor. Yes, they can still do that.

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

That looks really intresting to watch, will bookmark it :thumb:

I've always wanted to do something similiar even my dad yells at me for not just doing it! everytime its

"Why don't you make money on the internet!, you could be one of those ebay guys" (nice general term dad)

My goal was to work for myself or maybe own a small company by 25 and just see where it goes as a sorta 5-9 thing (or so they call it) but i just have'nt found that perfect thing yet.

although that video could have been a massive troll as i only have the time to watch the first 5 minutes :D

5. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Dealing with four friends different break-ups. Which is awesome considering i havn't had any female interest for over 2 years now so really have no idea what to say or do. Life is complicated!

At least I get to go home for a month in 6 weeks. Springsteen in Hyde Park will make everything better.

6. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I'll see you there! :thumb:

7. Weekly_Estimate

My dad's the same. "Why don't you go and make one of them internet company's that earn millions" Like Ebay, Goupon, Twitter, Facebook, Amazon.

Anyway back to the topic.

My mum she's a very horrible, thick, unintelligent person. She's going to make our family business crash.

8. DeadP1xels

Great night

But woke up feeling rougher than a badgers arse....

most of its slept off now

9. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Lol nvm, wrong thread!

10. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Joey "the bell-end" Barton getting himself sent off, possibly costing QPR the game and therefore costing United the Premiership.

*Sob*

11. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Oops tapatalk fail. Didn't mean to post.

12. DeadP1xels

Yeh my dad says the same thing constantly i've always wanted to be rich... i mean like filthy rich were i could just chuck money at anything and it would'nt even dent :p

You know those cheesy cribs videos were there is that generic rap music in the background.... yeh i want that :D

At one point i had like £1000 just putting away a bit a month that i was going to use for a small startup internet business thing it was'nt alot but enough to get a good webhost and maybe somebody to design it. until i had a horrific car bill that needed paying and other various bills.

Elton likes this.
  13. Weekly_Estimate

Same man, the problem is actually starting something and keeping at it. Things I've tried to make money... Tried buying/selling on ebay, tried drop shipping, opened various online shops, adsence, promoting other peoples things, blogs, youtube videos, everything...

Currently saving so i can hire people to build me a web app which would prove rather useful in my main line of work atm.

We'll see :p

14. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

For the last decade or so, I've been told that I have migraine without aura. Its cluster.

15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

You have my deepest condolences, I suffer from clusters as well. Had one in public once, got carried out on a stretcher. They thought I had a stroke, EMS understood what I had and they still thought I should go to the hospital.

16. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Short, simple, answer: Get off your arse and do something about it. (I mean that in a positive, motivational way - certainly not a criticism).

There's no trick to getting a good job or a good education - it takes hard work on your part, anybody can be a 1:1 degree student if they put in the time. Of course it;s a case of balancing that time against other commitments and enjoying your life.

I'm only 25, I own my house, I own my car, I have no debts (well my student loan doesn't count), I run a charity and can already proudly say if I died tomorrow I'd go knowing that I've helped hundreds of people turn their lives around and literally saved a few lives in the process.

Am I somehow better than you? No.

I worked, I've also worked, I worked my way through college and university, and I landed my first 'career' job before I graduated and have since then done my best to work hard, stand out, and do exactly what I want to.

I'd say my most major asset through-out life has been my ability to talk rings around nearly any given subject, and that just takes confidence. Anyone can develop the 'gift of the gab'.

I've decided to work for charity, so I don't earn mega bucks and never will, I'm okay with that; but if that's you're aim then go for it, it just takes some guts and some drive and anyone can do anything they want.

17. DeadP1xels

This is it exactly...

Im feeling kinda hopeless because at the moment im failing at everything

I've spent they day brainstorming different things i could test out and where i could go from there

Ultimately i need something thats not going to cost a fortune to set up can be managed in my spare time 5-9 style and potentially advanced when necessary with possible family involvement

Btw i did'nt mean filthy rich like sit on a pile of money like a douche i mean be well off enough to be my own boss and enjoy the nicer things like branded coke and tropicana orange juice :hehe: (thats all i want from life :D)

18. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Careful the missus will only drink tropicana...it's gradually ruining my finances...

There's loads of charities about that help business starts-ups, if you do a search I already talked about starting a social enterprise with some chap on here a while ago.

19. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Finding out that one of my closest friends had a seizure in ASDA and some absolute **** stepped over her to get a bag of sugar. Holy ****ing **** it's a long time since I've been this angry.

20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Some ####ing douchenozzles sent my wife a 'Contractual Parking Charge Notice' for £70 for apparently overstaying the allotted parking time of 120 mins by 36 mins. Pictures of the car supposedly entering and leaving the car park and everything.

The thing is that these 'notices' are not a legally binding fine and are just an attempt to try and scare an out of court settlement against you to avoid being taken to court for trespass. The 2 pictures of the car are definitely of our car but there is no way you can tell where they were taken, sure there are dates and times but all they show is the front and back of the car on a bit of wet road, nothing to show where that road is.

My wife is now all in a panic and wanting to pay the £70 'fine' in order to get a 'quick payment discount' of £20 if it is paid within 14 days. if nothing is paid in 28 days then they will forward the amount to a debt collection agency.

From what I can find out there is no debt to be paid as they have not obtained any court orders to collect on anything.

Methinks a call into citizen's advice is in order tomorrow followed by going into see them about it if needed, they are not too far from where I work anyways. Going to take a trip to the site of the supposed overstay and get a load of pictures of the notices around the car park, notices that we have certainly never seen on the may times we have been in and out of that car park when visiting the shop there.

Thankfully for my wife I have had to put up with bully tactics for most of my life in one guise or another so this time everything is going to be done to raise the big F-you to these guys. It's not so much the money that bothers me, that can be paid very easily but they have got my wife seriously worried as she now thinks that something might end up on some record or other for when she goes to try and become a British citizen next year.

Damn skippy I'm p##sed.