1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Chest CT with dye tomorrow @ 3:30PM, NPO for 5 hours beforehand. I'll still get sick. And require being carried places (literally carried) for hours afterward. Probably be sick for a good two days.

2. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Keep us updated on this one, interesting to see how it pans out.

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

The waiting, the waiting. THE WAITING!

Aaargh, I hate it when I have to sit and wait for a delivery, especially if it's PC parts!

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My laptop has decided to **** up at the worse possible time....

The keyboard has stopped working.... and im not even sure if thats it

For some reason i would enter passwords yesterday and even though they happened to be 100% right they said they were wrong then when i tried typing a document i noticed my letters were getting mixed up and numbers were appearing randomly.

restarted and i could'nt enter my password to unlock the computer

tried again and some buttons did'nt work

tried again and the keyboard did'nt work at all....

tried again and it partially worked number 1 would turn on the caps lock so would esc and things like the letter "i" would enter four letters.

Just tryed to email HP and i can't even do that because im out of warranty

5. DeadP1xels

ikr i had a craving for it and thought "this can only do bad things to my bank balance"

6. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Switch to Copella...it's nice and constantly on offer! woot!

7. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

DP - PM'd

DeadP1xels likes this.
  8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

stuck playing the waiting game on 3 possible jobs.

i should be doing other things but my creativeness has burned itself out.

9. Phenic

Phenic What's a Dremel?

Stupid cold at the moment.

10. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

So I finally have my PC back, and it looks like one of my GPUs is dying. Every time I go to enable SLI; Black screen, flashes of my desktop, then a silent-ninjalike blue-screen and restart, and SLI doesn't enable. Not good.

11. DeadP1xels

My dad and recently i had one of these aswell we researched to be sure but they are infact scams it happened around carival time where people struggled to park there happened to be signs stating the available parking times which was 2 hours and we deliberately made ourselves known within the shopping area so nobody could point the finger that we were being a little cheeky.

All we did was ring them up and told them we knew that they had no legal right to be making the claim on behalf of the store claiming ownership of the car park and that we had made a purchase within the time of parking and had a reciept to prove it.

We were parking at a allocated time and we would like to arrange a formal meeting to resolve the issue, they hung up and we never heard anything back we even sent an email that we wanted to take this further as we considered it harrasment, and we had informed the store of the contact information and the police.

don't get pushed around by these con artists EVERYTIME they have tried this scam its always for £70 check online

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I don't plan to pay them a penny. All the pictures of the car show is that it is a mini cooper S with our plates (easy to PS on there), you can't see the driver, on a bit of wet road that could be anywhere. I am going to take a drive around to where they say that this all took place and take a few pictures of my own. If there are no signs and notices on the road OUTSIDE the car park then F-'em, as far as I am concerned that is the end of it.

If it looks like there may be more to it then fine, I'll fight them as long as they want me to and I can assure you that I will enjoy it a lot more than them.

Last edited: 16 May 2012
  13. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

This kind of thing has happened to my grandpa a few times, minus all the BS they seem to be giving you. Just ignore it and they'll keep ringing you, and eventually, that'll be the end of it. There's no law binding order to say you have to do anything.

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I's not anywhere near ruining my life, but it's something that has always made me angry and will probably always piss me off - I "crossed paths" with a group of arrogant 17-18 year olds in a college today who thought they were something special. I don't even need to go into details about it.... If you know what I'm talking about, the rest is irrelevant. You probably know the type I'm talking about: No respect for other people or their property, always trying to prove something to their mates, would steal the fillings out of your teeth if you let them.

People like this contribute nothing to society but statistics, and it's my humble opinion that this sort of person requires nothing more than a set of manners and morals, and that they should be applied in the form of a good beating.

I put that out on its own to make it easier to quote because undoubtedly someone will have an objection to that statement. Sorry folks, that's just how I feel about such people. I'm not a violent person at all, but I know it works. I've even witnessed it working.

15. Almightyrastus

Nope, but it could be amusing...

No opposition here, unfortunately reason can only get you so far with some people hence the need for prisons. If we were all reasonable and open to the feelings and requirements of others then things would be fine.

To quote the captain in Cool Hand Luke "What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

i might have lost my temper at the dole...

... just a bit

but i have a job interview [i think] and a new suit out of it...

17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Took my car in for an oil change yesterday. Take a left turn into the garage, my turn signal is working. They do their work, tell me all my brake lights are out (lolwut?) and they'll replace the bulbs to see if they work or it's a wiring problem. They get four out of six bulbs working and suggest it's a wiring problem and send me on my way. I take a right turn out of the place and go home, everything is fine. This morning I take a left turn leaving my house and my signal is blinking too fast. A light is out. A wave of frustration came over me like a tsunami, it was suspicious enough saying every brake light was out. I have no doubt that they messed it up when fiddling with other lights. It bothers me to no end when I pay to have a job done and it's not done properly.

18. DeadP1xels

I had been contemplating what to do with my laptop when my mum offered me the money to replace it seemed a stupid idea but when i saw what i could get for my money atleast it was an upgrade!.

I spent a few hours today searching for something, and finally tonight when i decided on one she lays this massive guilt trip on me to which i decided to stop and not bother (after she noticed me using a usb keyboard with it)

Its frustating as my nice sleek laptop is now overpowered by this large irritating usb keyboard it takes everything out of it, i was going to clamshell the broken one and use it as a second desktop and maybe a project machine, possibly fix in the future for backup, or to pass down to a family member its practically new.

I could fix it but when i read up on the issue i could have to break it down into a million pieces just to repair the broken component or connections.

I just wish people would'nt offer if they don't want to do it, everything so far is breaking down in my life is a big kick in the nuts to maybe start piecing back together something thats important not only to me but my study and then make out its a massive waste of time.

Checking my blood pressure as my sister has gotten a machine as she has a problem with it and mines constantly higher than hers... not quite danger but its defiantely higher than its supposed to be.... :blah:

Last edited: 16 May 2012
  19. Almightyrastus

Unfortunately that is a very easy thing to do. I have had the misfortune of having to sign on 5 times (by that I mean 5 blocks of times, many individual times) and it never gets any better. The problem that the people working there have is that they cannot believe anything anyone tells them as they have to deal with so many lazy wasters playing the system. Those of us who are there because we really need the help and are doing everything we can to get ourselves sorted out have to be treated the same which is no end of frustrating.

20. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

100 mcg levothyroxine, week one, maybe in five weeks i may or may not be feeling better, need to do the 9am cortisol, will be daggers in the path lab :D :naughty: why, because i get to jump the queue.

Lets hope my adrenal's haven't gone :waah:

Last edited: 17 May 2012