1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Back from diving in Egypt!

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 28 Jun 2012.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I'll be posting pics and vids as I get them edited - here's a taster of what we got up to:

Will I be going back? Hell yes. :thumb:

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Wow, that looks amazing!

Thats something i would love to see, looks like quite the expirience :)

3. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

Thanks for sharing :)

4. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Thanks very much for sharing that was fantastic. I did alot of diving a few years ago, mainly in the Med and wreak diving had to be my favourite. The sense of exploration and freedom is a feeling that cant be replicated anywhere else than 40m down in the sea!

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Where abouts were you? What with the fairly hefty laying on of anti-foreign and especially anti-white sentiment in Egypt these days, I'm curious to hear if you felt unwelcome or unsafe at any point?

6. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Looks lovely! I'd love to dive somewhere warm enough to only wear a shortie!

7. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Sharm el Sheik. No problems whatsoever. We where there for the second round of voting in the election, and the announcement of the results. The only thing that was different was the increased vigilance of the tourism police on the road back to Sharm on the day of the vote - and we only noticed that due to us returning from a day trip to Petra (which is across the Gulf of Sinai in Jordan)

The people where friendly to a fault, and they particularly seem to appreciate us Brits, as, in the words of one of the local dive masters, "you guys kept coming during the uprising, unlike anyone else."

8. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

The red sea is a beauty I'll post some pics of me pissing of lion fish, yes it's wrong but kinda funny

9. Bob Berkowitz

Bob Berkowitz What's a Dremel?

A really nice video GreatOldOne. Diving is one of my favorite sports. :)

10. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Absolute awesome. I've done a lot of diving off the Wild coast in south Africa and Mozambique. But always wish I could do some in Egypt.
    Thanks for sharing

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

At 3:38 the perspective makes you look flat against the opening! Very weird. Thanks for sharing GOO!

12. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

I was out there during the Iraq war and worried about there views on westerner's then too...thing is with sharm el sheik all the locals live there because of the tourist dollar, there living is made off tourists coming to spend and leave tips, some do not actually get paid a wage but live off a combination of tips and being a paid a percentage of what they sell in the shops.

One waiter i spoke too said he is paid by going out to the street and bringing customers in, earned around 5 U.S dollars for every customer he bought into his section of the resturant. If he did not managed to get anyone in, he did not get paid for the day.

It would not be in there interests/livelyhood to put tourists off going to sharm.