1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Coldplay are rubbish, don't you agree?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 11 Jul 2012.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

This. Coldplay are no different from the hundreds of other successful bands out there - they all make money for the bigdogs by rehashing the same material under the pretence that it's new and novel.

I like some Coldplay songs, but I don't listen to them if I want to be challenged musically.

2. peterr77

peterr77 What's a Dremel?

Hello, not agreed

3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

4. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I heard Coldplay was going to team up with Nickelback next... ;P

5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

[​IMG]

6. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I'd rather listen to Rihanna than Coldplay.

7. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Nickelback is one of my favourite bands. I will end my life.

8. suragh

suragh Derp

Use your 1000th post wisely! Not on Rihanna! :cooldude:

As for liking/disliking coldplay, I do like a few songs they have created but I think their latest album is terrible.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i quite like Coldplay. guess it's battery acid for me tomorrow morning. :(

at least their songs are not as annoying as Gaga's. to be honest, im not that into music, any catchy tune is good enough for me.

*im walking on sunshine......*

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

What docodine said. I cannot understand how can people like hip hop, rap, indie, metal, rock, europop, ... - but i accept that everyone has their own taste, and they like what they like. Music is so subjective thing, that it is not even a good basis for any topic.

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I suppose to each their own, but I personally listen to Coldplay whenever I feel like killiing myself... oh wait... nope... not even then.

They're depressing, a bit boring, and ultimately uneventful to me personally.
    For that matter, I couldn't tell you another song of theirs besides "yellow".

Yes, I am probably not their target audience (Don't listen to the radio at all, pretty much), but COME ON! I know more Lady GaGa and Britney spears songs (and James C... *cough*... James Blunt)...

12. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I'll give Chris Martin Parachutes, but after that he needs to cheers the f*ck up!

Don't get me started on Snowpatrol, peddling even more depressive romantic sh*te! Saw them at T in the Park a few years ago and i swear everyone was crying! Fools!

[/Rant]

13. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Snow Patrol have changed so much - they too have flocked where the money is. If you listen to their earlier albums (Songs for Polar Bears), they are a bit darker and less wet and repetitive. I don't rate them much these days but I don't mind their first couple of albums at all (although admittedly, I haven't really listened to them in quite some time).

On the topic at hand, Docodine is indeed correct.

Personally I think that Coldplay have been rubbish for years, but Rush of Blood to the Head and Parachutes both had a couple of OK songs. Not exactly something that I'd sit down and listen to though.

It doesn't really help that Chris Martin is quite an unlikeable chap; buying into his own hype and trying his best to come across as some genius tortured soul.

14. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

And iiiiiiit waaaaas aaaaaallll yeeeeeeellloooooowwww.

Jesus Christ I hate Coldplay so much.

15. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

They're just like any other drab, middle of the road band that make chart music. Only difference is they are more popular so I hear it more and it annoys me more. Chris martin is pretty irritating too (calling a child "apple" pretentious ****).

The thing is I have plenty of friends who are into music and have got into coldplay in recent years. I think its kind of an inverted cool thing, they've gone so far into the obscure its cool to like mass appeal stuff again. It irks me

16. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

And I though I was the only person who didn't like them.

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

:D :lol:

With regard to Coldplay the main problem is Chris Martin.

Dear Mr.Martin,

You will never be Thom Yorke.
    Give up.

Sincerely,
    Rest of the world.

They can't even be put in the same bracket of 'masturbation band' like Radiohead. They're fine to enjoy on your own, just don't do it in front of your friends :D

18. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I think they're pretty generic meh. They're significantly more palatable than the vast majority of pop that masquerades as music.

I sometimes wonder if this is a generational thing -- are we all destined to hate the large majority of music of the following generations? Generally anytime I hear anything in the top 40 I can't help but wonder who actually would be mental enough to buy it.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2012
  19. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

I like Coldplay. I like Princess of China. People hate music too much.

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Nothing wrong with that i agree with the last statement, people find too much to hate within music these days

Bieber
    (waits for the pitch fork rioters)

Its generally whoever is successful although im not a fan of coldplay i don't mind there music i find alot of others less tolerable to the point of switching of the radio in my car.

If any track needs to be examined as terrible its cheryl cole - call my name, the lyrics make no literal sense and you team up with calvin harris.

I would personally be a little embarrased if i wrote the track to that song, everything is fine except the lyrics.

Now what thread is this again... :D

/RANT