1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Quiet?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 26 Jul 2012.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

And he is definitely MIA, he was posting regularly up until his last post and hasn't so much as logged in since :(

David likes this.
  2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

That's weird. And Krikkit. Hmm weird happenings.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Nah, Krikkit is still around plenty, although maybe a little less because of holidays, work and weather, it's just MV Agusta who disappeared all of a sudden :(

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

We've popped mvagusta an email on his registration address, just to check how he is doing. When we find out, we'll let you know.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Thanks Nexxo! :thumb:

6. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Thank you Sire Nexxo.

7. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Thanks! :D

8. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Now now, there's no need for threats :p

I'm still popping on every now and then, but as I explained to shirty in a PM, work has had a massive change around. We used to have a retail shop and workshop in separate buildings about 10 minutes walk away from each other. But in order to cut running costs and to speed up the transfer of repairs from one place to another, we're all in one building now.

So whereas before there were no managers present in the shop, they're right on top of us now. Plus my duties have changed, instead of just being a shop lackey, I now have to help out with repairs, run our Ebay shop and be a shop lackey. So posting at work is basically impossible.

Then I don't have time at home except early mornings (I get up at 330-400 just to read/post on here so be bloody grateful :p:hehe:) because when I get home from work, we have tea and get the kids ready for bed. After which it's about 2000-2030 and the other half wants to spend time together watching junk on TV (currently working through Charmed).

tl;dr: I'm trying my best to post, but there's not enough time in the day :(

9. marcamp3463

marcamp3463 What's a Dremel?

People here seem to really know each other. I'm just new here and I'm also looking to share some things about me as well and I hope I'm not yet too late. :)

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I've been posting hardly at all for a while now. I came to the conclusion I wasn't adding much to the forum, so why not make better use of my time elsewhere. I expect there are a few people glad about that too! ;)

11. Shirty

What made you come to that conclusion out of interest Fizzban?

12. Fizzban

My own conduct was slipping for one thing. Not sure why, but figured a break would be a good idea. And while away I realised I didn't bring much to the forum anyway. Not that a lot of people do mind, but I got better things to do than waste time posting lots of comments no one gives a monkeys about. So I did us all a favor hahaha.

I'm not leaving but I will likely post much less frequently. I may have the odd binge day of posting though!

13. Shirty

[stalking mode enabled]

I can't see much wrong with your recent posting habits, other than spending a lot of time in the gaming & comments sections (which are most likely to descend into flame-fests).

[stalking mode disabled]

Don't be a stranger though, it's only words innit?

Fizzban likes this.
  14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Most likely people have picked up summer jobs whilst at home from Uni, also meeting up with past friends in the summer evenings to get blind drunk.

15. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Well Ive started posting a lot more since I got tapatalk, although I still don't post that much (useful stuff) :D

16. Fizzban

Ta mate, I'll make sure to pop in n' that.

Having a binge day - I blame/thank you for this ;D

Last edited: 1 Aug 2012
  17. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

So thehippoz was banned for this post or something totally different? http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=3110282&postcount=49

it still makes me smile, of course there is no sense of taste for my humour ;)

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

No, for something different, although it was just one of many that kept being reported. Sexually immature behaviour is simply not funny.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2012
  19. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I started a new job 3 months ago which has been chaotic. Starting to get in to the groove now so I usually throw a post in here and there. Before this year I was mostly a 'reader' and not a 'writer'.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

To be honest, I hardly ever idly peruse the forums any more. Maybe when I'm bored in work - such as today - but generally I only ever come on when I want to find out something specific, ask a question, or to reply to/keep an eye on my Tekkit server thread. I'm still around, even after 10 years, but nowhere near as active as I used to be. I don't think there are that many people with a join date as old as mine and a post count so low! :)

Don't really know what's changed, if anything at all; it's probably just that I don't have as much interest in hardware as I used to, and Real Life (tm) has rather taken away my ability to impulse-buy new pieces of kit. These days upgrades and new parts are few and far between.