1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Preach it brotha! :D

If only you were a hippie in the game. Going against you would be easier. :p

2. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Hopefully! I made the 'smart' decision of graduating from uni, and going straight into a full-time masters in Finance + looking for full-time work at the same time. I think I'm no-lifing it until 2014, haha! Nonetheless, I think I will be playing on Saturday, around UK time 1pm onwards (till about 3 or 4pm - which is 1am in Sydney).

Yeah it's not too bad when I play on US servers, as I get around 160 ping, but playing UK servers is a bit of a crapshoot with 320 ping - I do a lot of juking as part of my play style (the infamous strafing and evasion) and to do this effectively you need a lower ping preferably. Alternatively you can hang back and lead sniper shots assuming your ping isn't varying massively (as Desi does, but he's just inhuman).

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Many thanks to Greg and AchilleasK last night for helping me absolutely tear strips from the air cover with a SOFLAM and Javelin loadout. Three men pretty much locked down tanks, helicopters and even infantry, as they attempted to come find us up in the hills. Was awesome fun!

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Dice are testing custom Gunmaster setup. So wrong could change the weapons used per level. Sound good to me :)

5. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I checked the Bit-tech server but it was dead. Is it usually quiet?

Also 'nchhabs' you need to update your sig as when you click 'Bit-tech 64 player BF3 server' it takes you through to a 16 player server! A bit misleading no!

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

During the day yes, usually dead.

The server is 64 players, but jumps down to 16 players when there is a low player count, then back up to 64 when more player join.

7. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

It wasn't during the day as I work. It was around 21:00. I'll check back again tonight, Thanks.

8. Parge

Ah yes, everyone was crashing another server.

Usually a group of us will login about 7 and seed it, then we usually get a load of people logging on.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Yup, if it dies we go elsewhere!

Just finished work, will be online between 7 and 8 tonight!

Last edited: 8 Aug 2012
  10. Elton

I'll be one in a week or two when i get my final week of summer off (YES!) and go back to school.

11. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Off to Greece on Saturday, so better make these next few nights count..

12. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

I'll be playing more in 2-3 weeks :) finishing work then and will have around 3-4 weeks off before I start uni again :)

Last edited: 8 Aug 2012
  13. Parge

Love my U3011 but the minimap is basically invisible all the way down there in the corner of the screen!

Is there anyway to make it bigger at all? I mean permanently too, not just by pressing M all the time!

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

No actual way of doing it just pressing the key unfortunately.

15. Elton

Wasn't there a UI modification you could do? RivalXfactor was talking about it a while ago.

16. Parge

Great shout!

For those of you with 1440p/1600p displays this is well worth doing! Makes the mini map usable again!

Last edited: 9 Aug 2012
  17. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Anyone having issues with BF3 hanging after 'loading level' and not showing the deploy screen since the Origin Update? (today/yesterday?)

EDIT: Hmm seems to be sorted now, must of been the server I was on :wallbash: nvm...

18. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Freaking printers!

Downtime was scheduled for a server update earlier on so must have been that.

19. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

IMO that looks pretty awful, it's right in your face and looks more irritating than helpful. That being said, I don't usually have problems with seeing the minimap, it's not like you need to look at it constantly, just flick to it now and again to keep yourself updated. I just prefer my vision uncluttered I guess.

20. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I wanna get some more heli action in tonight. Basically I just want to get some feedback, maybe on an empty server just to hear at what angle, you can still see what I can, because I know the gunner has a slightly different FOV over what the pilot has as far as seeing targets on the ground in front of you goes. I find this a bit annoying tbh, as often, for me to get my crosshairs right on a target as the pilot, I have to nose down, this making it harder for the gunner to get their sights on the target properly. Catch you later?

Pressing the M key isn't really a bother to me, as I nearly always have it set to large scale. At 2500 x 1400, it doesn't really bother me that much. I usually just end up scrolling through the detail levels as I play.