Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

It's my turn to Javelin :D

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

You should have stayed on mate, we absolutely blatted a server not long after but the game lasted 55 minutes or summit!

THIS x1000! Want to get some ZiiP tags for the collection - after picking up some from Phalanx last night.. :hehe: :naughty:

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

It'll never happen unfortunately. ZiiP aren't a BF3-centric community. There's way to many games played to even get a full team on one side. Plus I know the majority of the community just don't do competitive gaming.

As for my tags, it's about time. 4-1 to me I believe :p

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Maybe I am feeling the pain because less people appear to be using Soflams, once they were multiple active. Obviously this is just my initial interpretation off of 2-3 weeks’ worth of play so maybe some more time is needed.

I wonder if my difficulty is in trying to find a server with space for 4 of us that is not completely empty, combined with, as you said the players who have moved to CQ mode.

Gulf of Oman is my favourite followed closely by Wake Island too but I have a wider group to consider and we do like a bit of large vehicle Map Variety :)

I was thinking when playing last night, we kept having these point battles where our squad was fending this point against another squad of 4 and it was some vicious battles, I can't think of many games where you get those moment, that feeling of accomplishment when you stop an enemy teams assault dead in its tracks. Then they come back at you with renewed determination, take the point from you, and then you form up to take it back from them!
    It creates such a sense of urgency. In fact I can think of only two other games where I had similar feelings, the original BF2 and Enemy Territory! Awesome :)

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Actually, the biggest "feelings" are of the rage when you notice the enemy, sneak up behind him and one of these things happen :
    1) you use the knife takedown, but your knife does nothing, enemy looks around, sees that idiot behind him with a knife in his hand, shoots him in the face with a shotgun and laughs. And all i end up with is a rage at that stupid knife.
    2) you start shooting him, and when he is nearly dead, another two of his squadmates spawn on him at that moment and you end up looking like Emmentall cheese. If the original target somehow dies, then you see in killcam that he got revived by one of his squadmates. Of course medic squadmate spawning on you and resurrecting you never happens to you, only to your enemies.

6. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Join mumble (voice comms) with us and come on the CPC server, always space or if there isn't, we can make it.. :naughty:

We have regularly 5-15 people on Mumble every night of the week and if our server is slow we'll go invade somewhere else and tactically bend them over.

Join us, you won't regret it.. ;)

@ Faugusztin - these things happen now and again but it's part of having such a complicated engine and game-play. It's not happening 9 out of 10 times so I can live with it. :hip:

7. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

No it means I am not a little boy who brags online about what other people think about my stats. Stats are just numbers nothing more. They don't mean you are better than anyone else. They just mean your a stat whore with nothing better to do with your life!

A person with a high KD Ratio might only play 64player 1000ticket Metro all day everyday. Ofcourse he will have a very high score, KD ratio & accuracy! It doesn't mean he is any good!

On the other hand, if somebody played another map, a more battlefield oriented map, something which required skill to kill another player, something like Kharg or even Caspian on a 64Player conquest large server. They would have a much lower KD Ratio.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Ahh the whole Metro 64...you will find we go there for lols as a squad or two. In fact you took a look we play various maps and modes.

We are a rather well rounded group that play on with and against each other all the time.

9. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaam not trolling. It's called disagreeing, look it up !

10. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I don't feel the need to prove anything neither. But it seems we have children on these forums who have nothing better to do with their time than compare numbers wooooo.

I am not hiding from anyone but come to think of it, I'd rather not have retards like you know by BF3 Name.

11. faugusztin

Say hello to my ignore list.

12. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I'm amazed the Dwarfer is still around.
    Except battlefacebook gives pretty detailed information about what a person has been up to, so it's pretty easy to identify a metro farmer.

13. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

This. He's right, you wont regret it. You'll get thoroughly owned most of the time but you'll have a great laugh doing so.

15. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

I'm gonna try and get on a have a few (no doubt laggy) games with you lads this weekend... it's been too long. Just been snowed under with work for the past couple of weeks :3.

16. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

3) When you get killed by several enemies somewhere and a medic revives you, instead of trying to kill the enemies, and you, as a reflex, press the spacebar and get killed instantly, and then that stupid medic revives you again.

4) In the heat of the moment you unintentionally press the ~| button and bring up the console instead of pressing 1 to get the main gun......

17. faugusztin

5) you get killed, you are typing your message, when medic revives you and all 3 lines of text you just typed vanishes :D

6) You press the windows key (by the way, why in the hell is the Windows key not blocked in BF3?)

18. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Fixed :thumb:

waits for retort from epic troll attempt ...

Last edited: 7 Aug 2012
  19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

Seriously ladies.. clam it down. Next one who flames, trolls, argues or trolololols gets some form of interesting punishment.. I'm bored with cleaning up this thread.

20. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I don't suppose you'd know this, monsior troll, but if you looked at any of our profiles you'd know that none of us are metro whores, or any one map in particular, let alone any particular class (i.e medic whores constantly healing off their own med pack) whore.

Also I love how you say that stats don't reflect a good player, and that anyone who looks at them is a stat whore :lol: So you're saying that someone with a kd of 1 likely to be a better player than someone with say 3? HAHA. On the one hand, having a high KD could mean that you only play one class (medic), only fly jets, etc etc etc, but on the other, you could just be dealing with a player that has a MUCH higher accuracy than you paired with a much higher level of game sense/alertness, and that would more likely than not fart in your face all day long heh.

Not sure why I bothered replying to your post, but there we go.

Best part the other night was when someone said I has 99% accuracy and that I was hacking... (14% accuracy is the same as 99%? :eyebrow:) then later on Digi was accused of hacking, with a score of 70 to 10 or something, me with 55-10, and just said HEY WHAT ABOUT ME?!! then I also got accused, this pleased me very much :D

Link to last nights game (we started out with 300 tickets less than the RU team and won it by 421 :lol: Oh and one thing, normally I LOL @ the cpc guys who go on a server and end up base raping the other team after capping all flags (this is why I never play metro, not even with the cpc guys. Base rape is base rape, whether you are doing it or it's being done to you. All it takes is one guy to sneak round and cap the one teams base flag, and then it becomes a base rape fest, but this round on oman the other team were actually doing a decent job of trying to cap points back (so we there were still enemies to shoot at at the various points), despite the fact that we had just about every tank that could spawn. At one point digi was a medic, me engi, and I was following his tank around in a BTR (I had thermal equipped), so I repaired his MBT, took over that and he took over my BTR. It was like the tank squad going from point to point xD

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/40072569/1/288612599/

*Damnit, I didn't even see Mankz's post when I had finished mine heh

Last edited: 7 Aug 2012