1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Still hoping someone can help me decide on the THQ package. It's quite unlike me to drop £20 on games at a time, particularly how rarely I'm able to find the time to play them currently, but the list does tempt me. The only games I've got already are the Company of Heroes games one of the Dawn of War series (I think it's 40,000). I don't really play RTS games anymore, but the others, such as Saints Row, Darksiders, Titan quest, Red Faction and Homefront, seem like they may be worth it.

Thoughts?

And what time does the sale end? I can't access Steam from work.

2. lava

lava Minimodder

Sale ends at 6pm GMT, can't help with the thq stuff. I picked up the recent humblebundle with most of it but not got around to playing them yet.

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

No idea if the RTS games in the pack are worth it (and there are a few), but I'm a huge fan of Titan Quest. The Red Faction series is also great. The older games do show their age, though. No idea why Red Faction Guerrilla apparently isn't part of the deal. Then there's Metro 2033, Space Marine and Saints Row 3, which all should be great fun. All in all, it's quite an interesting and wellpriced pack. I'd probably buy it if I didn't have most of the games, that interest me, already.

At the time of writing you have a bit more than 1 hour to make up your mind.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Metro 2033 is a great game, well worth playing :)
    Not played the others, but I've heard good things, I got the THQ Humble Bundle since I wanted CoH on steam since they are such a faff to install and update from disk so I reckon it's worth it.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

DoW 1 and the expansions were decent, I particularly enjoyed the Necron one.

If you think you might play CoH as well, and possibly have a nose at Metro I wouldn't hesitate - all good games and worth £20 for the set. Saints Row is apparently good, if that's the type of game you like.

6. October

October Mariachi Style

Saints Row is awesome, of all the games I bought this sale it's the one that's gotten the most attention. Homefront is ok, parts of it can get annoying but the actual gunfights are ok. Metro is good, CoH is good... Red Faction Guerilla was good fun, no idea why it's not included but if Armageddon is anything like it it should be pretty fun!

7. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Thanks for all the last minute replies. I made sure I left work in time to get home for the end of the sale, but when it came to it I was struck by an overpowering wave of sensibleness and decided not to buy. I've already spent £11 in the sale this time round (Tomb Raiders and Counter Strike: Complete), which is above average for me, and my list of unplayed/uncompleted games is plenty long enough already. I've got 48 games on my account and the only one I've completed is Crysis.

So I'm now officially committing myself to ploughing through that list of outstanding games.

8. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Railworks shistered my bank balance again in the sale. Curses.

9. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

Pre-order of CoH 3 is down to £29.50 on Amazon.co.uk today. Plus you get their pre-order guarantee if it goes lower after you order.

10. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

11. Si_the-dude

Si_the-dude Techaholics Anonymous. 0 days clean

The Elder Scrolls bundle is pretty amazing value :jawdrop: I'd be all over it if I didn't already have Oblivion and Skyrim!

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Last edited: 14 Jan 2013
  13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

14. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

15. loftie

loftie Multimodder

GMG have 75% off some capcom games http://www.greenmangaming.com/capcom-deals/ also the 20% off voucher GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK should work on them too

Edit: More importantly Lego Lord of the Rings is £6.80 after using the above code

Last edited: 18 Jan 2013
  16. sp1ked

sp1ked What's a Dremel?

Lego Lord of the Rings £6.80 with the 20% off voucher at Greenmangaming

17. loftie

loftie Multimodder

18. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

FM 2013 for £11.98 at Gamersgate, great price if you haven't picked it up yet.

Deal ends 8am on Sunday.

19. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Just picked up Street Fighter 4 for a fiver and Lego LOTR for £6.80! These are going to be great with big picture!

20. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Ziip have the Magicka Collection @ £4.99 BUT it doesn't list all the DLC. Not sure if it's an error on their part or if it's different to the steam Magicka Collection which is £7.49 ( 50% off ) or not.

Either way, I think it's a great game :p

Edit :

If you're thinking Big Picture mode, GMG also have DMC 4 at £1.36. And maybe more retro Dark Void Zero at 60p.

Though check reviews and controller support first! Wouldn't want you buying something rubbish :)

Last edited: 19 Jan 2013