Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yep:

Despite our security measures, we have been working around the clock to mitigate the impact of an ongoing denial-of-service attack on our Battlefield 3 game infrastructure over the last several days. While the motives are unclear, the focus of the attack has been interference with network communications preventing access to multiplayer gameplay. At this point, no user data is involved. We share your frustration about the impact this has had to our service and the ability for many of you to play Battlefield 3. We are working tirelessly to mitigate the problem. As a part of our efforts to resolve these issues, we’ve conducted rolling restarts of Battlefield infrastructure servers to apply some updates. Thank you for your patience and support while we work to get everyone back and playing Battlefield 3 as soon as possible. More updates to come. /DICE Team

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have been able to play since last night anyway. Seems a single unable to connect to EA happens once per server and then I can get online.

3. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

That happens to me also. One failure and after that its np.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

:idea:This is all coincidence that this has happened while i've benn playing other games :worried:

5. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Is it really coincidence? Or is something sinister afoot?

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Not quite fixed for me yet. Going back to movies I've not yet watched yet till I get 100% confirmation.

7. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Thought you would be bored with the game now.

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I can get online but the games always seem to lag a bit, as if everything has been slowed a touch, my shots don't seem to register and using the knife has become a mess, most times taking two turns even when stood behind them,

This could be my connection but other games seem to run fine like CS:GO

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Nope, stopped playing infantry, so pretty much frag whore these days. If anything, I'm surprised you played as long as you did, only so much c4 derping around you can do I would've thought?

Last edited: 9 May 2013
  10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It helps that I am liked and enjoy playing with the guys.

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I got tired of playing with you guys, as much as you me, so the feelings mutual. I play with the guys from Level bf, better calibre of players, and people tbh. Btw, the reason you might be getting bored of this game is that you don't use vehicles. I use everything but the jets (unless I've got a friend of mine in the AA), so the game is still entertaining.

Had a few rounds of 64 man HC End game this evening with a few level guys and seemed to play just fine. Might just be some servers that need something updated, not sure.

Last edited: 10 May 2013
  12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Now now ladies, put the handbags away...

13. Stanley Tweedle

I also use everything but jets. Jets once in a while but I'm not precise with them. I'm getting real good with choppers. I use Saitek X52 Pro and have every unlock for chopper.

I like foot stuff but I'd be bored if I didn't spend time in tanks and choppers.

14. Stanley Tweedle

Being liked is overrated.

It's a temporary fix for insecurity.

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Thing is, if you're on a server with friends, going 45-5, in a tank, playing solo, is more entertaining than going 40-20 as infantry, playing solo. Also, I maybe only play a third of the games I play with friends, so the games I play are seldom a base rape fest, or an out-cap, unlike what used to happen often when playing with the cpc guys. The other team would just get out-capped and THAT was boring. I play on the xtracommunity armoured kill server, as well as the battlefieldhome ak server, where a lot of good heli crew's/tankers play, so there's usually some strong opposition. A lot of people are happy to sit through 900 tickets of base rape against an enemy team, just shooting at whatever comes out the 'gate', but I usually leave when that happens right off the bat.

Here's a round I played with some buddies on op riverside HC mode;

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/61618820/288612599/

The guy with 70 odd kills is the heli guy, while the other two were in the second apc. A few of their friends on the opposite team, made it an enjoyable round.

16. Stanley Tweedle

Been on receiving end of base rape players recently. Can be annoying. One was on deathmatch and back to karkhand. They were sitting sniping near our spawn. They'd racked up massive score. We had no hope of beating them but my friend and I were using voice comms (skype) and if we couldn't win... we'd at least get a few kills. I spawned as medic and used smoke to get close enough and then kill them. Got a few kills that way. 2 of them were in an upper floor ruin sniping. I killed them both.

Also had the enemy base rape in jets and choppers.

I can't be assed to play in any clans. Don't have the time or the interest.

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Hahaha if you say so. You don't know the rage inducement Greg brings to Battlefield.

I happen to play both Infantry and Vehicle warfare. And playing with a decent team is always fun.

18. Stanley Tweedle

I imagine it can be. It's fun even playing with 1 friend using voice so probably even better with a bunch of them.

I'm just too lazy to sign up for clan matches and stuff.

I think in all my gaming years I played as part of a team once and that was on CSS. The friends I made from CSS days I still talk to every day.

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

This isn't clan matches what so ever. This is a squad or two on pun servers having a good time. Playing offensively and defensively dependant on what is needed.

At anytime we can have two squads or more all on comms.

20. Stanley Tweedle

Well that's more appealing then.

The times I've played metro as a lone player and wished I was with an organised team. Everyone doing their own thing and not getting anywhere.

I've seen some really good team play by contrast.