1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

2. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

LOL... first video starts with "you *king knob, idiot"

:)

It's definitely the way to play BF3 with comms. What you using to communicate?

I put in a lot of time on BF3 over the past few months. Focusing a lot on chopper skills and getting all the unlocks.

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

All the people speaking are from Bit Tech, we have our own Mumble service. Have done for along time now.

4. Stanley Tweedle

Play on all expansion maps?

5. Stanley Tweedle

Eh.. double posted... can't delete.

Maybe I shouldn't be so lazy with the comms.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Oops Double Post. And yes we play on all expansions or at least the larger maps.

7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Bahahaha, Dom caught me at a bad time! Some guy had driven his jeep under my tank and was jack knifing me while I was trying to rain fire on F from long range! I apologise!

8. Stanley Tweedle

Aha so that was you! :)

My GF thinks BF3 is really funny to listen to when I've played voice comms with a friend.

I let her have a go flying chopper briefly and now she understands why I like the game.

She'd like to play too but she's totally unfamiliar with FPS controls.

I've been auto-kicked from servers for swearing in the past. Wasn't always swearing at someone... sometimes just about a failed Javelin missile.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It took many months to get even remotely good at BF3. I play an all round game. But love run and gunning with Support and C4.

I run head long at tanks with C4 or Repair Tool most of the time to great effect.

10. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

What's so funny is that there's been such warm feelings built up over me over the last few years, that the last time I did actually join on, I couldn't actually play with you lot, without someone taking the piss, and I may as well have been on another server tbh. I used to try and be "the good guy" and would join the server these guys were on, through the servers join server page, rather than through friends option, so that it put me on the side that needed more players, thinking it would make me a better player etc, ultimately ending up with me getting annoyed with five guys on the team opposite me, on ts, and nobody switches, or if there was someone on my team, they weren't playing the objective (lets not forget my tantrums at that sniper fa* from aria forums, real asset to the team that one). Maybe I'm imagining things though. Ultimately though, I throw my toys out when people I'm playing with are not actually helping the team (an example would be a few weeks ago, my friends were using a heli, not keeping any flags clear, not actually doing much, while the enemy team outcaps us, and so I'd ask why nobody has thought to play infantry and cap some flags, rather than just make a bad attempt at farming kills).

You? Vehicle warfare? Out of 870 hours, you've spent a total of 80 hours in the both mbt total, and that's about it.

There's a simple solution to that, don't join servers with swear filters. Check out my favourites list if you want (rotten_necros).

Last edited: 10 May 2013
  11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Greg you woukd join us yes but you woukd not on ts at the time. In fact that last time you where on ts Sniperdude did speak his mind.

You can join the other team and think we may switch but unfortunately we where already squadded up.

You say five guys on ts on the same side that is how we play and also split the squads to even things out.

I know you are banned from several ts/servers because people dislike playing with you.

Because of your attitude in general.

No I don't spend all my time in tanks. Dependant on what is needed in the game.

Quite glad I dont have to play with you in BF3 tbh.

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Pretty sure I was banned from just the beer n bullets for raging at their regulars for sitting with their thumbs up their ass.

13. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

I think you're both different types of players. Dom is of a casual nature, and occasionally competitive. Greg I believe you are largely a competitive player. Nothing wrong with either, but people do forget that not everybody plays just for fun, and not everybody plays seriously. But it is very common for the two types of players to bicker with each other because one wants to win, and the other just wants to have fun.

Games need to split this a lot better than they have in the past. It's not about game mode, it's about the mentality of a player. In a public game-mode a competitive player should not play with casual players.

Competative players should play with competitive. Period. Casual should play with casual. I think you'd see a lot less frustration this way.

I fall into the competitive category, because i hate losing lol :D

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have to agree with you. I do enjoy winning. Especially if the squads I play with have put the effort in the win.

When I play solo I switch squads for the easier spawn or the best situational player.

15. Stanley Tweedle

When I know there are lots of enemy running around on foot and I'm driving tank... I equip canister shells. Had lots of kills with them.

Took me ages before I was able to run up behind a tank and use C4 successfully.

16. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I don't spend "all" my time in tanks either. I've spent maybe a quarter. You on the other hand, use vehicles as much as I use the jet (most likely as a taxi across the map too). Pretty much not at all.

Well said.

I don't think he was disputing that anyone likes winning, just that you go about it in a more airy fairy, rather than a "PTFO MOTHER FU****!!! PTFO!!!" way and that there's nothing wrong with either play method. Pretty sure he was saying you fall into the casual gamer group dom.

Last edited: 10 May 2013
  17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

You dont know the way I play at all.

Pfft taxi. That is for jeeps and bikes only.

18. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Is this popcorn time :lol: Nah just kidding

I hate the way many people play online (not pushing because KDR is so important), i personally have my own style, i guess in a way i have let myself down not squadding up, and having a poor excuse to go with it. I did manage to get a mic but then mumble would only last a few minutes before turning my mic off and having to restart mumble, this is something i never managed to fix, tried different mic, driver reinstall but nothing worked.

Going to see if i can get a decent game now without lag and disconnect

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Hehehe, one comments take usually makes me laugh is people "mocking" your hit percentage. :D

I have an LMG, there is suppression in this game.

You see all those guys down-range... well, all my bullets are heading that way, regardless. :D

If memory serves me right, all LMG are <10% accuracy, AR/Carbine/PDW 10-20% and SR are ~30+%

All the dakka, all the time :thumb:

20. Stanley Tweedle

You let yourself down and you let me down too. Your excuse isn't too bad though.