1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Tom Bombadil was an awesome character!

I'd agree though, amazing imagination but a really **** writer.

2. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I once saw a talk by Terry Pratchett where he claimed to have read LOtR in 24 hours. I've still not managed anything like that time.

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

It took me 8 weeks to finish the first five Song of Ice and Fire books at about 10-15 hours of reading a week, and I'm quite a fast reader. I guess 24 hours for the LotR trillogy might be feasable, but then I don't really know how large they are.

4. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

My copy of LotR is just over 1000 pages of moderately small type, ignoring all the indexes etc.
    I did read all of the Harry Potter books in about 8 days, spending basically all the time I wasn't at work or asleep reading. My dreams were really messed up during that. Rowling is easier to read than Tolkien I think.

5. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

lp rob1 likes this.
  7. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I fail to see how this is a Demote. If anything; I appreciate this.

8. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

Kinda want to buy that game to get that achievement

9. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Demote: finally got my keys from my new apartment, so we checked if each of them is working - and my mailbox was already full of spam. I am not even living there yet :wallbash:

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

When we finally got the keys to our new house, they didn't fit. Turns out the estate agents gave us the wrong keys, and lost the correct ones. What was infuriating is that the estate agents did not even apologise or take ownership to solve the situation. The previous owner was working away somewhere of course, so eventually we had to go to his solicitor to get the backup keys.

A lot of hum-ing and ah-ing because "they are our clients' keys, really" --and I having to point out the blatant fact that WE'RE THE NEW OWNERS OF THE KEYS NOW, F***WITS! WE BOUGHT THEM ALONG WITH THE HOUSE. YOU DO RECALL SELLING US THE HOUSE, DO YOU?!? QUITE A BIT OF MONEY CHANGED HANDS, LOT'S OF PAPERWORK, IT'S HOW YOU EARNED YOUR FEE! The penny eventually dropped and they handed them over.

Yeah, they fit. Well, the front door one did. We never worked out what the two other ones were for, but we changed all the locks right away in any case.

11. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Relax Nexxo. Because...

You got a new house! Congrats man. That's pretty epic. So when does the rewiring and man cave creations start.....

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I feel like this was a story from Nexxo's past...

13. asura

asura jack of all trades

...or is it his future...

14. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

To Nexxo, they're all the same. Past, present, future: to Nexxo, they're just the Now.

(It's a power he gets from his red dress)

15. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

All that bother to make a demote and they won't proof read it before uploading it... Idiots :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

A friend of mine bought a 7950 on sale for 300 a year and a half ago, he sold it second hand the other day for 300, after having done some mining and made a few thousand dollars. Kinda ridiculous. Prior to the whole bitcoin thing blowing up, you were able to find them on sale for $199.99, and now second hand on ebay they're up to 400 (In Canada). Even worse is people who are hopping on the mining train now, as most gpu mining is terrible now.

18. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

I really think 2-3 months ago was the latest you could jump in and make your cash back quick enough to have minimal risk, difficulty has gone up so high because of everyone jumping in that the return is quite small, about £3 a day after cover electricity costs on a dual 7950 rig that cost about £1200. 400 days to break even on costs before factoring in difficulty changes, yeah you can resell hardware but only if it doesn't blow up or the market gets flooded and price of second hand GPUs plummets.

19. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

*I apologise in advance for the giant image and perceived lack of accuracy for some of the countries. ;)

[​IMG]

20. lava

lava Minimodder